Blaster pistols/rifles

Hello,

I've got some questions I hope you guys can help me with.

1) First of all, the powerblast attack gives +12 damage. What type is this +12? Is it unstopable damage when the main gun uses unstopable or is it always energy damage?

1) Which is the best ranged weapon in the game?

I would say the Mandalorian Disintegrator with 6-16 unstopable damage. Is there any blaster rifle that even comes close? I see the Charric but statswise it's not really that great unless I'm missing something or stats don't tell the whole story.

Thanks!

Zersium Rifle most powerful rifle that has a max of 11-65 damage. Most powerful pistol, Mandalorian Heavy Pistol, max damage 12-54. Charric gives a DC 14 Knockdown, but those are rarer than christians watching Harry Potter. 2-11 Unstoppable damage with extra 7-39 Energy damage is possible.

deicideLogo5.jpg

First, I think the +12 bonus damage is tallied as just that: bonus damage.

As for most powerful weapon in the game - I think you're right with the disintegrators. One thing to always remember is that you can have 2 pistols at once. Not only do they have high regular damage, they also have critical threat ranges that start at 18. Add the scope for making the weapon keen (precision scope i think), it lowers the threat to 15! Now, do the math: double damage on probably 75% of ALL your attacks (unless you get HORRIBLE rolls), x2 weapons.....LOTS of damage there. Add in the damage modifier for a powerblast crit....I've had a disintegrator hit for 200+ damage before. No rifle in the game could match that! (one exception, possibly: the war bowcaster - starts with a x3 crit multiplier. I've never rolled a powerblast crit with one before though.)

There's a couple of mods out there for powerful items as well. The Westar 34 blaster mod and (i dont remember exactly where to get it from) HK48's repeating blaster. Fully upgraded, these weapons might be just a bit overpowered.

...but those are rarer than christians watching Harry Potter.

:ermm:

:huh:

You are aware that when Harry Potter came out a ****load of christians got all "Oh those books and movies aren't coming in my household" because they thought it was teaching bad magic habits to their children. I must add, what a load of @#$%

Edited by Nihilus5078

deicideLogo5.jpg

You are aware that when Harry Potter came out a ****load of christians got all "Oh those books and movies aren't coming in my household" because they thought it was teaching bad magic habits to their children.

No. It was not a "****load of christians" - most of them are, and were, fine with the books/movies. Yes, some had issues. No, this was not the majority. Thus the statement "but those are rarer than christians watching Harry Potter" is incorrect, while the blasters might be rare Christians who read/watch Harry Potter are not.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Why don't we go back to the discussion of the original topic.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Two pistols + upgrades

There you go. Once you start landing more shots, the guns get really useful.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

• 2 weeks later...

The best ranged weapon is the one that involves walking up to the enemy and smacking them with a 'saber.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS