What are You playing now?

Gorth

Darksiders.

HOLY CRAP! This is... amazing! It's like god of war had a child with Legend of Zelda! The story is fairly thin, but the combat and sheer brutality of it (kill a guy by cutting off his legs, then cutting him in half) makes up for it. Basically you're war, a horseman of the apocolypse accused of starting that little war between heaven and hell (the four horsemen are controlled by another entity all together) that polishes off the human race early. Thus you're finally sent back to earth to figure out what exactly went wrong. Along the way you maim, kill, burn, demolish, destroy, and evicerate all sorts of denizens of heaven and hell. The distinction between the two is very easy as the agents of heaven are all orderly, gold, and fly around usually on some weird cyber-wing things. Hell's pets are totally organic.

I only had intended to play about an hour to get a feel for it... but it dragged me along for two hours because it's one of those games where you keep going "just one more!"

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

DOes that mod change anything other than making the game graphically better?

It does. It fixes various bugs, improves A.I., adds some new features (like a sleeping bag so you can actually rest now), and it brings Freeplay mode (which basically means you can continue playing even after finishing the game).

Here, check the following link for a full description of the mod:

http://artistpavel.blogspot.com/2009/04/st...plete-2009.html

Edited by fastpunk

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

I remember playing that mod and it actually changed the game far more drastically than you suggest. I stopped playing when I couldn't get past a pack of 2+ dozen dogs at the beginning of the game, since stealth was basically eliminated from the game. I tried to hide in one of the added vehicles only to find it had the mass and weight of very thin paper - the pack of dogs lifted me up and I "surfed" on the pack for a ways down the road. It was fun, but also ridiculous. STALKER is not a Bethsoft game, it's precariously balanced as it is and the further you take it away from its vanilla experience the more dissonant it becomes.

I remember playing that mod and it actually changed the game far more drastically than you suggest. I stopped playing when I couldn't get past a pack of 2+ dozen dogs at the beginning of the game, since stealth was basically eliminated from the game. I tried to hide in one of the added vehicles only to find it had the mass and weight of very thin paper - the pack of dogs lifted me up and I "surfed" on the pack for a ways down the road. It was fun, but also ridiculous. STALKER is not a Bethsoft game, it's precariously balanced as it is and the further you take it away from its vanilla experience the more dissonant it becomes.

I didn't have incidents like this happen to me. Though the idea of adding vehicles was rather dubious to begin with, that much is true. As for the stealth part, I'm not sure what you're talking about. The mod specifically changed some A.I. behavior to make stealth more viable.

• Early detection - removed the ability for NPC's to notice you at unrealistically large distances.
  • Stealth - knife and other critical sounds such as falling dead bodies, grass, footsteps, have been properly commented to reduce their sound radius.
  • Death panic - reduced the sound distance of death cries, in original game it was the cause of panic of the whole camp population, once one member was hit, as it was set to 40 meters).

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Kult:Heretic Kingdoms!

I love it. Crusty as hell, but eminently enjoyable.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

What build are you using? I got stuck after talking to the tree in the forest in the beginning (after rescuing the villagers).

STALKER is not a Bethsoft game, it's precariously balanced as it is and the further you take it away from its vanilla experience the more dissonant it becomes.

I never had any great desire to try the mods for STALKER (I know there are a lot) for this exact reason.

But I've played it through quite a few times now and am a little curious in just possibly trying a few of the more popular mods to see what they do.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

What build are you using? I got stuck after talking to the tree in the forest in the beginning (after rescuing the villagers).

Hmm, Wind Element attunement and Fast Melee+Light Armor so far. Punch Dagger+Thunderblade attunement has been kicking enough ass so far.

Why are you stuck? Just lost or a gamestopping bug? I've played about three hours further from the part you mention, so I could probably help now while the memory is still fresh.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Hmm, Wind Element attunement and Fast Melee+Light Armor so far. Punch Dagger+Thunderblade attunement has been kicking enough ass so far.

Why are you stuck? Just lost or a gamestopping bug? I've played about three hours further from the part you mention, so I could probably help now while the memory is still fresh.

Nah, just received a big beat down from the enemies when reaching the canyon(?). It happened almost a year ago, so I don't remember what the enemy composed of. Next time I install I'll put more points in dexterity I guess.

Nah, just received a big beat down from the enemies when reaching the canyon(?). It happened almost a year ago, so I don't remember what the enemy composed of. Next time I install I'll put more points in dexterity I guess.

I think the one big difficulty threshold is the Attunements. Once you get those down and figure out which ones are actually worth anything, it's a breeze. Most of the time, heh.

For instance, the Lost Canyons are full of wolfmen(honestly can't remember the actual name of the race), which suffer double damage from the Beastslayer attunement(which you gain from the first shield you find in the game. For the Soulravens in the spirit world version of the map, there's Spiritslayer, etc.

kirottu said:

and Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! >_<

My PC is f***ked up can't play games so I am stuck with the PS2 and the limited number of "RPG" available, the $3.00 price tag did not hurt either.

My condolences.

Boo's hamster avatar is gone. This saddens me.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

DA: gave away my 360 copy and working on the PC version. So far, I find the 360 version better. Seriously, the codex for the PC SUCKS!

ME: Going through again to reach 60th level since BIO has gone the bogus route and are rewarding people for ghoing through the story with the same character. L A M E

NHL 10: My league is in the S9 playoffs. Sadly, I got eliminated in the second round. BOOOOOOOOOO!!!

NWN: That is all.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Boo's hamster avatar is gone. This saddens me.

He died through neglect from Bioware. No more will the cries of the hamster and his ranger be heard in the realms.

So sayeth the wise Alaundo.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life