What are You playing now?

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

Playing Europa Universalis III a bit. Just bought the new Heir to the Throne expansion. Yay for me :)

When taking a break from EUIII, I play a bit on my Dragon Age game, progressing my casteless dwarven rogue.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Finally got around to finishing off the Mass Effect game on Insane, and finishing off the ally achievments...

Still have the 2nd run through on Dragon Age to jump back on...

Thinking of having a break from gaming for a few days, or maybe trying out some Prototype.. Although I did dig out an old copy of AvP2 (from back in 2002) to have a dabble with at some point...

Mostly just waiting for the new year to arrive with those awaited game releases for the PC...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

There is 5 hours left in the competition. I have one more win that I need to get in order to qualify for that prize. I just don't care anymore though. So many losses. What good is a >1 K/D ratio if you don't get the win in the end anyway? Maybe if I knew what map I needed I might still care, but right now I'm just tired of getting my ass kicked. :)

Demon's souls. NG+

I just lost 600k souls. I'm sad and i think i need a break too :/

Though while Demon's Souls can really be a bitch, I also think it's awesome combat scheme should be adopted by more westerm RPGs.

Obsidian, are you listening?

Well J.E. played it and liked it, so who knows ... >_<

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Working on ramping up my difficulty on Civ IV. My biggest problem is that I'm trying to ramp up my cities all at the same time, and keep forgetting to build up armed forces to deal with the inevitable invasion of 500 units by the random aggressive berk.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Deus Ex, got the urge to replay it again.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Deus Ex, got the urge to replay it again.

You know that's contagious, right? Now I want to play again :thumbsup:

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Working on ramping up my difficulty on Civ IV. My biggest problem is that I'm trying to ramp up my cities all at the same time, and keep forgetting to build up armed forces to deal with the inevitable invasion of 500 units by the random aggressive berk.

The higher you get in the difficulty level chart, the more important it is that you be that random aggressive berk-- the AI gets heavy production bonuses higher up, so the only way a human can keep pace is to abuse the fact that the AI isn't particularly smart at waging war. Also, cities really don't need all that much infrastructure if you specialize them-- get a couple of hammer-heavy cities that build nothing but a granary, barracks, stable, and then nonstop units (plus whatever is necessary to keep the happiness level high enough for all the mines to be worked, and the Heroic Epic in one of them), and the rest of your empire can safely spend all their time building their universities and markets.

I'm alternating between Mass Effect and toying around with the beta restored content mod for KotOR2.

Still playing Final Fantasy XIII. Currently on chapter 6. Haven't had so much fun with a FF game since FF8. And the music, oh my, it's just too good in some places.

How's the battle system? Is it as hands off as XII?

How's the battle system? Is it as hands off as XII?

No, it can actually be quite hectic at times, where you are frantically switching between optimas (or paradigms, as I think they're calling it in the English version) in order to both keep adding to the break gauge (which allows you to do multiple damage once filled) as well as keeping your party alive.

Edited by Vilhelm

Tropico 1. Quite fun for a while, even if the ratio of constant immigration outpaces the games speed of constructing new housing, so the little nits build slum shack areas faster than you can keep up. Wish you could turn immigration off for a while, if you want.

I also tried to play Myst, but on my Win7 rig it moves so fast (even tho it's a click-for-new-scene game) it's disorienting. Hopefully putting it on the old Pentium4-XP rig will work better, but haven't gotten around to it yet...

Hubby finished Underworld and decided to try playing the one with the dinosaur again...which he never did get past.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Tropico 1. Quite fun for a while, even if the ratio of constant immigration outpaces the games speed of constructing new housing, so the little nits build slum shack areas faster than you can keep up. Wish you could turn immigration off for a while, if you want.

You can control immigration if you build and staff an immigration office. But yeah, housing is generally very hard, if not impossible, to be keep perfect.

Also, I recommend Tropico 3 if you like the first game. It's a really fun upgrade of the game, though a bit easy.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Picked up F3 goty for pc, so playing that in the future, but went back to my game of Empire and found that the reason I was having so much trouble was that I was trying to fight off prussia, the ottomans, and Westphilia at the same time with less tech than they had (better tech) I had to offer access to the Prussians for peace, and then the ottomans I gave transylvania. Westphilia is a military joke so I've just been holding an army on their borders as I rebuild my economy. Biggest thing I need to do is tech up but I've only got two mediocre colleges to work with, Hopefully I can find more from a weaker power and just beat the tar out of the guy and take his colleges.