Drugs are bad... mmmkay?

GreasyDogMeat

Another Hollywood star dead today. http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?...3&GT1=28101

This one is the most disappointing though, because she was a babe! :) The cause of death appears to be a coronary but 'Murphy's suspected excessive use of drugs had been the subject of widespread speculation, and was even the subject of a parody sketch on a recent "Saturday Night Live" Weekend Update.'

The story ends on a rather humerous note, as they show Ashton Kutcher's twitter where he can't be bothered to spell the word 'today' and 'to' when sending condolences to her family. :lol:

• Like 1

I say lets wait til we get the coroner's report before we jump to conclusions. I read an article about it earlier on how homicide detectives are getting involved so there might be more to this than simple drug use.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

No illegal drugs were found in her home. She was seriously sick awhile back, and the dotors prescribed her a hevay dose of legal drugs. It's suspected the combination of her illness and the LEGAL PRESRIPTION DRUGS caused her heart attack.

Either way, she will be missed. Hot babe, great and highly underrated actress whose been in some fantastic movies, and the scary thing she is about my age.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Drugs are bad" such as caffeine, alcohol, propofol, etc. :rolleyes:

True, but rumors of her drug use and her death being cardiac arrest lead me to the assumption of coke, which can cause cardiac arrest on first use... unlike those other 'drugs'. I guess thats why theres that saying about assumptions...

:blush:

Fair enough. "Drugs are bad" is a just blanket statement which pisses me off (though slightly less so when you allude to South Park by adding 'mmmkay'). Some drugs are good, some drugs are just drugs, and some are bad (coke, heroin, ether).

Edit: And RIP. It's sad, but we haven't quite perfected modern medicine yet. People still (very very rarely) die under anaesthesia during surgery (as simple as dental) for example.

Edited by Krezack

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'd never heard of her or seen any of those movies...except for Happy Feet...but yeah, always sad when so young, whatever the cause.

Eating disorder could definitely do it...and could include/be a reason for certain types of drug abuse, prescribed or otherwise.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My wife thinks she might have had an eating disorder. That can also cause serious health problems.

Well, is she fat? That might be your first clue...

What an odd question. Brittany Murphy's weight and frame change drastically from her early movies in hollywood to the present. But eating disorders are sadly too common in Hollywood. Drug use is also seen as another way of keeping weight off.

There is also a lot of rumor and conjecture circulating. She might have had diabetes, which can a be a very serious issue when trying to maintain the skinny hollywood look.

bulimics and anorexics is in constant danger o' heart problems, particularly if they abuse laxatives and diuretics. no doubt you have seen in the news: a healthy high school football player dies during practice... find out latter that due to insufficient potassium and electrolytes an otherwise healthy kid is dead. your average abuser o' laxatives and diuretics is creating the same potassium deficiencies, but the difference is that the bulimic and anorexic is complete aware of what they is doing to themselves. Gromnir has never met a person with bulimia or anorexia that had a healthy blood pressure/heart rate. anorexia and bulimia is emotional disorders, but tests doctors typical employ is electrocardiogram (to check for abnormal heart rhythms) and blood tests (to check electrolyte levels). shouldn't be much o' a surprise that folks with eating disorders such as anorexia and bulimia might keel over and die from heart attacks. is actual more surprising that the number o' bulimic and anorexic deaths due to heart problems is as low as it is.

have met more than one person with an eating disorder that expressed surprise and disappointment that they had not yet died of a heart attack... it doesn't make sense, but somehow the person with the eating disorder feels less guilty 'bout killing self by inches than they does 'bout an overdose o' sleeping pills or slit wrists.

would not surprise us in the 'least if ms. murphy suffered from an eating disorder. would not surprise us if it were discovered that she had suffered from heart problems related to an eating disorder.

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)