Force Unleashed 2?

Bos_hybrid

As much as I would have preferred to see another game in the X Wing series (or better yet a sequel to TIE Fighter) I knew they were going to do a Force Unleashed 2 tonight. Spike TV audiences like big bang action titles. Hey, maybe this one might be better then the first and I might just get it....maybe.

I keep meaning to pick up the original, since it's like $14 now. It looks entertaining enough for that price, I enjoyed the demo.

i am waiting until they release that edition which comes with all of the downloadable content automatically in the game. Is that out yet? I am not sure I am lazy and want to get everyone at once and not piecemeal

So I guess this is a

prequel to the first game of some sorts? I mean the story, canon wise is that Starkiller dies at the end of the first one. Unless they start doing some goofy clone related story.

I would have rather have liked to see another Jedi Knight game with Kyle Katarn, with deadly saber combat and easy to use force powers, but that's just me.

EDIT: Just saw the trailer. Seems like my earlier guess is wrong.

Edited by Azure79

So I guess this is a

prequel to the first game of some sorts? I mean the story, canon wise is that Starkiller dies at the end of the first one. Unless they start doing some goofy clone related story.

I would have rather have liked to see another Jedi Knight game with Kyle Katarn, with deadly saber combat and easy to use force powers, but that's just me.

I don't think so, Starkiller had two lightsabers that were blue, and the love interests voice was heard in the trailer.

I'm guessing Vader revived him again...

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

It could have been KotOR 3. Or another Jedi Knight game. Even Rogue Squadron or Battlefront. Tie Fighter. X-Wing. Heck, at the very worst Republic Commando 2.

I hate you Lucas Arts. I hate you so much.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It is, but I hear the PC port is pretty sucky.

Too bad the PC version sucks. I would have thought by having access to a keyboard, you could pull of force moves a bit easier. I always felt like I had to press too many buttons to do anything cool in the console versions of the game.

It could have been KotOR 3. Or another Jedi Knight game. Even Rogue Squadron or Battlefront. Tie Fighter. X-Wing. Heck, at the very worst Republic Commando 2.

I'm not sure how Rogue Squadron or Battlefront would be preferable to TFU, those were pretty mediocre properties. I'll agree on the others, although there is another KotOR coming, it just isn't the one you want :)

I'm not sure how Rogue Squadron or Battlefront would be preferable to TFU, those were pretty mediocre properties. I'll agree on the others, although there is another KotOR coming, it just isn't the one you want :p

While I did enjoy Rogue Squadron (though not the last one) and the second Battlefront game I agree that they weren't the best titles that Lucas Arts pumped out. Rogue Squadron was basically a replacement for the X Wing series to bring the twitch crowd in while tossing out the simulation crowd. I really miss the good old X Wing series and would give a lot to play a new one. The only ones my computer will still play are X Wing alliance and X Wing vs TIE Fighter. I wish I could get TIE Fighter to work but it is too old and I have no idea how to get DOS Box to work, i am not very computer savvy and it scares me :yucky:

As for the Force Unleashed 2, I hope they can take what was bad about the first game and enhance it for the sequel, I might think about getting it then. Better level design, and most importantly, make the lightsaber not suck. I mean I shouldn't have to hit a Stormtrooper 8 times with a lightsaber before he dies, their armor aren't that good.

I don't expect an amazing story out of a hack and slash game but something that doesn't spit upon the established lore too would be nice. However considering what Lucas has been doing for a while now that seems too much to ask for.

They can start by naming it right then. "The Lightning Unleashed" With even more force lightning variations this time! You can even use "Lighning Push" and "Lighning Pull" and most importantly "Force Lightning Jump" this time. It also has

titties

. so I guess it only lacks the

shuriken

part. (and

being on fire

...)

I am soo excited about this new lightning show, I mean game...

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

The trailer reminds me a lot of Infamous. Too much, in fact.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Too bad LucasArts canned just about everyone who did the first Force Unleashed.

Maybe that's a good thing? I tried the original and was not impressed - the mechanics were fairly good and a great game could be crafted around them, if some of the arcade'ish elements are weeded out.

Fortune favors the bald.

Rosj has the right idea, the game's basics were very well done, but when they started building on that it just started to fall apart. Also I'm willing to bet LA has learned from the paddling session that they got from critics and have changed how it works.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.