Dragon Age discussion

Gorth

That battle against the

broodmother

was harder than the final area boss battle for the deeproads. At least in my opinion.

After being

gang raped by tentacles

several times in that fight, somebody here (sorry, forgot who) gave me a hint on how to do it without breaking a sweat. Actually, in my second game, i did it while drinking a mug of coffee at the same time o:)

The end fight is still a pain though, although it definitely helped levelling up quite a bit before going there. That particular encounter doesn't seem to "scale".

I just finished my second game and when I was to get the epilogue (at what cost etc.) the game decided to crash on me. I've got two saves, one before the fight and one post-game save where I can't see or do anything :lol:

Off to refight that last fight again I suppose...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yeah, Hurlshot, I have to admit that I fall into the same category. I killed her off because she wouldn't outright tell what the hell was going on, so I figured Morrigan was telling me the truth. If she'd worked with me at all, I would have spared her.

I think the fighting thing is definitely MMORPG. lol Have you ever said to yourself or to someone else grouped with you, "Naw, we don't have to fight these guys. We can avoid them and still finish the quest."

Yeah, Hurlshot, I have to admit that I fall into the same category. I killed her off because she wouldn't outright tell what the hell was going on, so I figured Morrigan was telling me the truth. If she'd worked with me at all, I would have spared her.

I think the fighting thing is definitely MMORPG. lol Have you ever said to yourself or to someone else grouped with you, "Naw, we don't have to fight these guys. We can avoid them and still finish the quest."

the reason we killed flemmeth is 'cause dragon battles were fun... and we figured that as we is given a choice we could probable feign ignorance in the future in future game dialogues.

"Morrigan lied to us? Oh, the humanity."

'course Gromnir died at end of game, so...

in any event, there were the implication that killing flemmeth would not lead to her permanent death, so why not fight her? after all, she deserved to die for being such a lousy straship captain and the way she tries to mimic Kate Hepburn has always made Gromnir want to slide a sword between her ribs anyways.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

in any event, there were the implication that killing flemmeth would not lead to her permanent death, so why not fight her? after all, she deserved to die for being such a lousy straship captain and the way she tries to mimic Kate Hepburn has always made Gromnir want to slide a sword between her ribs anyways.

huh, she always did a much better Kate Hepburn than that Galadriel chick, and she won a frakking oscar for that hee-hawing effort.

i also killed Flemeth because she wouldn't give a straight bloody answer. that she turned into a dragon was just a bonus, although you receive neither an actual dragonslayer credit nor dragonscales for doing the deed.

more ridiculously, after one of the tougher fights in the game, morrigan was all 'well, hey, even if you didn't kill her, it's okay, she'll probably be back anyway'. clearly Bio wants to preserve the whole Flemeth/Morrigan storyline...

Edited by newc0253

dumber than a bag of hammers

I'd just like to add that I've been bought the game for Xmas! huzzah!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

One of the most awesome things about the Grey Wardens, seriously, is that when it's time for them to hang up their boots they go and... fight in tunnels. :: swoon ::

Although that is completely ripped off from the 'Long Walk' the Mega-City Judges took into the Cursed Earth (2000AD / Judge Dredd), 'tis still most cool.

Chief Judge Fargo going on the Long Walk in the Judge Dredd movie was probably the only decent part.

edit: w00t: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0wuxm19FHc#t=7m20s

Old news, isn't it? I don't see anything new, but I could be wrong.

Been pulled away from DA by EU3, but I do want to go on with that solo game. I'm going to look around and see if there's anybody working on a mod to get rid of forced companions. I don't think there are too many places that force you to take a companion, though, after the Origins? I'll just leave them at the start of the area and ignore them, and

kill Wynne.

I'm currently finished with Lothering with my rogue run. I look forward to getting as much influence with Morrigan as fast as I can. Her dramatic intonations drive me batty, but she's not too bad if you have the dog in the party. I'm going with a different philosophy this time. I might dump Alistair for the dog and take Sten.

^ Damn your Eyes, Sawyer! Am now going to watch the Judge Dredd movie again. And it's awful, except for the bit where he blows up some dude's car for a minor parking violation. I might do it back-to-back with Demolition Man. 'Cuz that's how I roll.

sonsofgygax.JPG

So, after I finally got myself around the free DLC, I noticed that I literally had things in my inventory. Red armor of the whatzits and a couple other things. Then I went and did the Shale stuff. holy Schmoly. There's some seriously overpowered stuff in there. Anyhow, I don't really find it much more difficult on nightmare, although I do notice a couple of things that are different. First of all, control simply doesn't work. You get a breath and an action. None of this placing long time control on enemies. The other thing is the mad spell resistance that even the one eye, gimpy, gap toothed minions have, let alone the bosses. Still, spells still rule as far as I can see. In many ways, I think my previous party with either three mages, two of whom are spirit healers, or two spirit healers and a rogue was better than my current build. Still, I might decide to do the same thing only making Morrigan a spirit healer. I doubt if I go for the arcane warrior thing again with this run, but I can definitely see where focusing on straight up damage and healing would be better than worrying about control which has limited efficacy. I'll try to sort out thoughts on that and put them in the tactics thread. There are huge exploits that I kind of guessed in my previous run that I actually exploit in this one, one of which I would actually consider a bug and would probably submit as a bug if I were a bug submitting person or whatever they're called. The game itself is remarkably bug free for me, but one exploit is so nuts in my opinion it would count. If I get around to the post, I'll put that in my tactics post also.

I don't know how I'll like Shale, but I actually stuck a sword and shield on Sten. I've only had a couple of wipes that I can recall.

One in the Ogre tower in Ostagar and one with kitty in Shale's village.

Nevertheless, I have had a good number of wounds from folks getting knocked out. Some of them I could undoubtedly run the battle again and avoid, but I'll take my lumps. Anyhow, while I have been trying to avoid insane metagaming, I did buy out every pot and injury kit I could find because I knew how useful they'd be.

I think I'll head to the Mage's Tower now. That's a lot of fun, perhaps the best in the game, and I can use the

stat bumps and Wynne

. I know a lot of folks hate Wynne, but I actually like the old broad. I mean, she has the body of a Greek goddess, but I still think of her as a maternal figure. Talk about an Oedipus complex. :)

"You have timed out while accessing your online character profile"

I have gotten this message every time I've played DA for over a week. None of my online character info has updated since then. A search of the Bio Social Forums shows that this is a big problem for dozens of people; some have even seen their DLC's and equipment disappear. Nobody, however, seems to have an answer or suggestion. It occurs to me, however, that this started around the time I downloaded the no-helmets and respect mods. Did anyone here have this constant error message, and manage to fix it? Suggestions welcome.

I have had this error. Certainly before I downloaded Shale and the like. It hasn't caused me a problem thus far. The only thing I will say, ~Di, is be careful. I have first hand experience of folks lying about bugs. Consider the source. I'm not saying that's happening now, but it has happened in the past.

I wouldn't take the specific problem, the error message for accessing the online character profile, too terribly much to heart. It's still a strnage error, though. If anything that you've mentioned happens to me, I'll be sure to post and pm you.

"You have timed out while accessing your online character profile"

I have gotten this message every time I've played DA for over a week. None of my online character info has updated since then. A search of the Bio Social Forums shows that this is a big problem for dozens of people; some have even seen their DLC's and equipment disappear. Nobody, however, seems to have an answer or suggestion. It occurs to me, however, that this started around the time I downloaded the no-helmets and respect mods. Did anyone here have this constant error message, and manage to fix it? Suggestions welcome.

I personally will NOT play with ANY mods *at this time* that are not the official Bioware DLC's. All of my play-through's so far have been bug free, as I use no mods at all.

Mods need a lot of time and feed back before you should use them, and they are typically what cause problems for you.

In a few more months, most mods should have most of the bugs they are causing worked out.

I would add that I don't have any mods and will likely never have any. I had that error message before I had any DLC and I still have no mods. My game has crashed a total of twice in hours and hours of play. I'm not defending Bioware, since I'm perfectly happy that they have their feet in the fire on this issue. I'm just saying that I have this error message without any other problems in the game.

It's free --- I'm just the writer I don't code.

There is some fighting in tunnels, it's a mod set after the events of DA, in the aftermath of the war. So you start a new level one character and have old-skool adventures in a village with little sub-quests branching off it. It's a small-ish mod - 3 joinable NPCs and a critical path which invariably involves EnSLAviNG NatioNS wiTH NecrOManCy but still a lot of work and a lot of writing. I'm trying to make the Dalish Elf clan in the mod a bit less pathetic, luckily the guys I'm modding with are an agreeable bunch. So it's Lawful Evil elves all the way.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG