Dragon Age discussion

Gorth

Edwin is overrated. I liked him a lot, and he was one of my fave npcs of all time... when I was 5. As an adult, he is a nodboy. He has absolutely no depth, sould, or heart. Seriosuly, his greatest path to fame is he gets turned into a girl. Big deal. That's bnoring and it happens in RL all the time. *yawn*

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Edwin is overrated. I liked him a lot, and he was one of my fave npcs of all time... when I was 5. As an adult, he is a nodboy. He has absolutely no depth, sould, or heart. Seriosuly, his greatest path to fame is he gets turned into a girl. Big deal. That's bnoring and it happens in RL all the time. *yawn*

Let's see.. BG was released late 1998, and if you were 5, then you have been born at 1993 or earlier. So that makes you 17 or younger?

Well, older than I thought.

Let's see.. BG was released late 1998, and if you were 5, then you have been born at 1993 or earlier. So that makes you 17 or younger?

Well, older than I thought.

Y'know, that would explain a lot of things.

Also, it's been 10 years already?!

FFS Volo, keep your fanbois/fangurls/stalkers in their shoebox where they belong. Every thread that I browse is infected with your troll entourage.

Back on topic, how exactly do we import that Blood Dragon armor into ME2? I hope I don't need that little paper thingy as it's gone the way of Interplay... :p

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

but at the end of DA, the Archdemon is just one big pansy that gets owned by one ballista & 50 Dwarves.

Anyone know how to aim the ballistas on the consoles?

You can aim with the balista? :p

I never could, but then how do you use it to fight the dragon if you can't?

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Speaking of the final boss battle... I was impressed by the resilience of the templars. Since there was only 12 of them, I expected them to be cannon fodder for the boss, but lo and behold, they managed to keep him occupied, leaving me to mop of the occasional dark spawn and just throw the odd rock or pointy object in his direction to win the game. Heh, who needs dwarves when you've got tanks? >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Speaking of the final boss battle... I was impressed by the resilience of the templars. Since there was only 12 of them, I expected them to be cannon fodder for the boss, but lo and behold, they managed to keep him occupied, leaving me to mop of the occasional dark spawn and just throw the odd rock or pointy object in his direction to win the game. Heh, who needs dwarves when you've got tanks? :)

Templars? Bah. I always take my Dalish archers. Yeah, you fly out of melee range and see what it gets you, archie! :lol:

I kept expecting raid warnings during that last fight. Haven't gotten the Templars to help me out, the golems worked pretty nicely though - they all died, but it took a while.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Back on topic, how exactly do we import that Blood Dragon armor into ME2? I hope I don't need that little paper thingy as it's gone the way of Interplay... :lol:

Pretty sure you don't need to do anything else after it's been activated properly in DAO. I hope they get another "registered game promotions" site up for ME2 soonish, so people'll see what they have...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...
^ Er, he looks like Alistair, he clearly has the same VO artist and he makes Alistair-type gags.

Unless they've really gone off the deep end, I'm pretty sure the reason's the same as for why the king and Alistair look pretty similar.

Hint: it's not recycling art assets.

Still, interest level - plummeting

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Wee, finished the damn thing after ~65 hours of gametime. My human Noble with his minxy orleasian girl went on traveling together forever, yay! 8/10

But first of all, what the hell happened to Alistair when i did *that* decision at the landsmeet? Talk about being out of character, sodd him and his whiny ass and the writer who came up with that "solution". Same with Morrigan and her "solution" at the fireplace in the end, talk about being in an awkward position.

Big kudos to Bioware though for making the gameplay actually *fun*. Please continue to build upon that. I will do a replay sometime solely for that reason.

Speaking of the expansion, i would gladly jump into that one if it weren't for FFXIII being released the same week. Sorry Bioware, but my dose of JPop comes before Manowar-wannabees. That copy will collect dust until then. However, will the expansion include the DLCs, or do you still have to pay for them seperately? And why is Alistair in those "Awakening"-trailervideos, my Alistair didn't stay with me on my big ending ceremony, will he be replaced by someone else, or is the pro-Alistair-ending canon now?

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The DLCs give you about 30 minutes of gameplay each, so they're not a big deal at all. If you want them anyway, no idea, but I suspect not.

Pro-Alistair ending is canon.