Dragon Age discussion

Gorth

Reinstalled Dragon Age on the reformatted comp, and my social network profile seems to have lost my redeemed Shale code. So now I can't get Shale and my code is invalid, unless I resort to 'workarounds'. Screw that, I can live without Shale since he'll probably bug out before the game's done anyway.

When it comes to the user, keep it simple, doofus.

You might want to try their support. Redeemed content disappearing is definitely something they should look into - they've sorted out less critical stuff before.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Sorry if old.

There seems to be an Easter Egg in Mass Effect (Replaying the game to get ready for ME2) when you speak with the scientist survivor in the planet Eden. She'll say "Thank the Maker!" when you rescue her.

I saw a red-headed dwarf in the trailer, but the picture was too blurry to make out if he was Oghren or not.

Not only hair, but same haircut and beard. And it was during gameplay, so unless he's just a temp....

Shouldn't anything be worth it no matter what it's priced at. Besides, it isn't that more expensive than your typical BIO expansion. Heck, TOB was practically priced like a full game with basically as much content. *shrug*

The full game was $80ish, after all. $45-$50 ain't too bad.

I'll be buying Awakening, but doesn't $39.99 seem a bit high for an expansion? Isn't $29.99 the norm? That's what MoTB and SOZ were.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

"I'll be buying Awakening, but doesn't $39.99 seem a bit high for an expansion? Isn't $29.99 the norm? That's what MoTB and SOZ were."

Nah. Even now, SOZ is around $25. TOB was like almost $60.Most expansions are $30 minimum barring specials and packages. That's why I don't get the complaining. This is business as usual as far as pricing goes.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I saw a red-headed dwarf in the trailer, but the picture was too blurry to make out if he was Oghren or not.

Not only hair, but same haircut and beard. And it was during gameplay, so unless he's just a temp....

If Oghren, of all the DAO NPCs is the only one to make a comeback, the odds of my copy of this disc being left in the custody of the local game store increase significantly. Hell, even if it's somebody else, I'd still have preferred more of them to make a comeback, even if to avoid a jarring 'this isn't what the game ending said!' moment... Oh sure, they've probably got the 'how to separate your romantic interest from you in a way that it sort of makes sense in the context of the story' thing fine-tuned from ME2, but still :-

I perosnally would love all the joinables to return (barring things happened that make it impossible ie. me slitting zevran's throat); but I don't know why one having their fave not being in the game as enough reason to not by the expansion. It' silly. That's making the assumption that all the new npcs will all suck. BIO has been making popular npcs for a decade + and every game people whine about their fave not being in the new game yet.. they buy the game eventually, and find a new fave. *shrug*

Heck, I know my favorite DA joinable will likely not be in the expansion but I'm sure I'll like at least one of the new ones. I'll be really shocked, and dissapointed if I didn't.

I perosnally would love all the joinables to return (barring things happened that make it impossible ie. me slitting zevran's throat); but I don't know why one having their fave not being in the game as enough reason to not by the expansion.

Well, the basic principle is the same that lead to a major uproar when it was announced that the ME squad would get overhauled for ME2. Except, this time, it's an EXPANSION. It would be kind of like if after Baldur's Gate II, all your party would get their collective asses vanished and you'd get Anomen, Sarevok and 3-4 new random dudes instead. With maybe Keldorn as a quest giver. My reaction would have been then, as it is now 'F this!'.

Also note that I'm not going around waving my hands in the air and screaming ZOMG THEY BROKE IT I'M GONNA BOYCOT THIS!!11 I like to think I'm capable of making informed decisions close to (and after) the release - I know I've done before...

Oghren does make a fair amount of sense, if you're only including one repeat JNPC.

Bio can't possibly pick one of the romanceables without inciting the holy fury of the all afficianadoes of all the other romanceables. And if we know anything about Bio, we know that they love to shovel fan service at that particular group.

He's probably the JNPC who the average gamer (i.e., someone who played once and then moved onto other things) played with least, as the Deep Roads was one of the toughest areas, likely to be done later in the game. That keeps him relatively fresh.

And there really isn't a clear plot-based reason that he couldn't return like there is with other JNPCs. Sten goes back home, Al could be king, Morrigan buggers off, etc. I know it's possible for a player to kill Zev, Sten, Dog, Lel, and Wynne over the course of the game, and Al and

Loghain

can end up sacrificed.

Actually, is there even a way to kill Oghren in the Deep Roads, if you make the wrong Branka-related choices? It might be as simple as that he's the only companion besides Morrigan who always finishes the game alive.

It would be kind of like if after Baldur's Gate II, all your party would get their collective asses vanished

or like Khalid and Dynaheir getting killed at the start of BG2?

yeah, i know i've never been able to cope with that loss...

Oghren may be my least favourite of the jNPCs in DA, but i don't have any problem if he's the only one returning in DA:O:A. after all, the denoument to DA made pretty clear that they have lives of their own (so to speak) and you can be reasonably certain most of them will turn up in DA 2 or 3.

Edited by newc0253

dumber than a bag of hammers

No, because it's a sequel and not an expansion. I'm conditioned to deal with these changes between installments, not when it comes to expansions. :p

No, because it's a sequel and not an expansion. I'm conditioned to deal with these changes between installments, not when it comes to expansions. :(

Did MoTB hurt then?

How I wish this expansion would be as good as MoTB. But alas it's another save Ferelden quest.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

No, because it's a sequel and not an expansion. I'm conditioned to deal with these changes between installments, not when it comes to expansions. :lol:

Did MoTB hurt then?

Don't have it. Never owned gear that could run it (or bloodlines for that matter, not that it's really relevant to the topic).

I think I will depend on the ending you chose. If you chose to go rebuild the Grey Wardens and romanced one of the schmucks, I'd expect them to be there in the expansion.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I think I will depend on the ending you chose. If you chose to go rebuild the Grey Wardens and romanced one of the schmucks, I'd expect them to be there in the expansion.

Yeah, that's what you'd think.

OTOH, it could be that you just get Oghren instead. :lol:

EA and Bioware manage to mess up Return to Ostager DLC. They delay it for some reason untill end of this month but at the same time it's already "released" all over internet. Not that I care as I wouldn't DL it even if it'd be free and available from Bioware's own site but it's still strange situation.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

"delay it for some reason untill end of this month but at the same time it's already "released" all over internet. "

I blame the scumbag thieves as well whoever the scumbag who decided to backstab their employer.

EA and Bioware manage to mess up Return to Ostager DLC. They delay it for some reason untill end of this month but at the same time it's already "released" all over internet. Not that I care as I wouldn't DL it even if it'd be free and available from Bioware's own site but it's still strange situation.

That's actualy quite amusing :(

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

someone pirated the DLC?

damn.

I know, it's shocking and utterly outrageous, isn't it ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

After trying a few different origins and gotten over the bad taste Dragon Age's dungeon crawls left in my mouth after the first time I completed the game what stands out to me the most at the moment is how utterly useless or crappy a Grey warden Alistair is. I thought his romance was one of the better ones Bioware done in their last few games but I seriously don't get why anyone would want him as a Grey warden.

First problem is that he is still in far too many cases thinking like a Templar and to me he never quite seemed to listen when the Grey wardens say they do "whatever it takes to stop the blight". Use aid from mages outside of the circle that may or may not be blood mages - outragous!, taking the quickest way to end the current situation we are in so we can focus on the blight

kill Connor

- NO WAY!. Fine, So I let the one that is responsible for it all make a sacrifice then - BLOOD MAGIC!. Ugh, The first time I did some of these choices I made it up to him by gift spamming him at camp but when I tried to go through the game doing the path that seemed to be most helpful to get things done to focus on the blight thing without making it up to him his influence just keeps dropping all the time.

Then after a certain point he gave me a lecture in the camp about upholding the traditions of the grey wardens and another lecture about decent human behavior. After that he even accused me of no longer caring about the blight or that I didn't want to stop the Arch demon. Honestly the impression I got from the game in the first place was that most Grey Warden's where not the most noble people to begin with and that their focus is on the blight, not helping old ladies across the street. However for some reason Alistair seems to care mostly about his honor and in his hero worship of Duncan he seems to have forgotten he did what it took to get the job done. Somehow I doubt Alistair would have what it took to make some people go through the joining on his own.

Ser Jory's death seem to hit him somewhat hard and he still seems upset *ONE* person died when he joined the Grey Wardens. Somehow I think they should be happy if one person survived.

Then we have the whole thing with Loghain again where his honor once again got in the way of doing whatever it took to end the blight. Honestly why did Duncan want this bastard in the first place? I think he would have made a far better Templar that spent his life hunting blood mages. Somehow Alistair's view of the Grey wardens seems to be a fun organization that jokes and enjoys each others company while drinking beer and he never quite seem to get a blight was here so it was time to stop bitching and just do their duty whatever it took - Not necessarily while upholding a paladin's code.

Edited by zazei