Dragon Age discussion

Gorth

I guess I'm going to need a playthough where Alistair doesn't die. But it's so tempting to kill him one way or another.

Personally, I found the "Al ends up as a lonely desperate drunk" ending more satisfying.

require Dragon Age: Origins and will cost $39.99.

So it basically cost about the same as original game but ain't stand alone game. It better have the content of the full game with that price. If not, I'll wait for some Steam megasales.

According to Gamestop, who EA link to from their official Dragon Age site it's $30 for PC.

that makes sense, it was my assumption when i saw the price that the pc version would be cheaper

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

How does turning everyone into Grey Wardens stop the blight?

Everyone would be immune to the taint.

I thought Grey Wardens weren't immune to the taint but rather were special individuals that could withstand and use the taint to some degree. The taint would eventually overcome them driving them insane, hence the self exile of older grey wardens to the Deep Roads.

I thought Grey Wardens weren't immune to the taint but rather were special individuals that could withstand and use the taint to some degree. The taint would eventually overcome them driving them insane, hence the self exile of older grey wardens to the Deep Roads.

Thereby dealing with the whole problem of looking after the aged and decrepit in society.. When everyone hits that age..they wander into the deep roads to fight deepspawn until they die.. No need to support them in the thriving kingdom above ground.. :ermm:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I didn't read the book.

I suppose if everyone were a darkspawn, the Blights would no longer be a problem.

* Choices in Origins definitely are recognized in the expansion.

* You do import all of your gear from Origins, but not from the chest in Soldier's Peak. But you can always pull out what you like, save, then import that save.

* You can't play an Orlesian Grey Warden in Origins.

* Amaranthine is indeed the coastal arling that once belonged to Rendon Howe. And, of course, everyone will speak with a Jamaican accent. OK, maybe that last part isn't true. :ermm:

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Thereby dealing with the whole problem of looking after the aged and decrepit in society.. When everyone hits that age..they wander into the deep roads to fight deepspawn until they die.. No need to support them in the thriving kingdom above ground.. :(

But some of those aged citizens won't go quietly into the good night of fighting in tunnels. So elite police units are formed to track down those who attempt to elude their pre-ordained fate. Thus sets the scene for Dragon Age 3: Loghain's Run.

I guess I'm going to need a playthough where Alistair doesn't die. But it's so tempting to kill him one way or another.

Maybe Anora is the NPC if Alistair dies? Otherwise they're making the ritual canon for a surviving Warden, which would send the social site into a frenzy. Oh and Oghren is the returning party member.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Maybe Anora is the NPC if Alistair dies? Otherwise they're making the ritual canon for a surviving Warden, which would send the social site into a frenzy. Oh and Oghren is the returning party member.

No, they're not making anything canon. The devs have said that if Alistair is dead in your game then he's dead in the expansion.

I saw a red-headed dwarf in the trailer, but the picture was too blurry to make out if he was Oghren or not.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I just cheated my way into the Alister romance. .

20 - something old virgin who has to be gently coaxed into letting my pc touch his special place.

. CRPG romance equivalent of fingernails grating on a blackboard. I wish there was some way to go completely dark side on his ass, turn him into an abomination or something.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Reinstalled Dragon Age on the reformatted comp, and my social network profile seems to have lost my redeemed Shale code. So now I can't get Shale and my code is invalid, unless I resort to 'workarounds'. Screw that, I can live without Shale since he'll probably bug out before the game's done anyway.

When it comes to the user, keep it simple, doofus.