Dragon Age discussion

Gorth

I'm trying to work out the math --- it's allegedly 15 hours + 5 new NPCs (+1 oldie which has to be Morrigan). It's just over half the price of the original (in UK

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

My Meh! Gland is working overtime at the fact that you have to be a Grey Warden. Again.

And I think it's hilarious that they let you re-specc your original character, I suppose it is the most popular DA mod! Mine will presumably be a lich re-animated from his casket at the Weisshaupt Fortress.

Bio needs to get a grip of it's web operation. The lack of info and confusion over the release of Return to Ostagar is pretty shabby, and the new networking site is a nightmare to read and navigate. DA:O's web presence never got over the Marilyn Manson makeover experience.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Where's this ONE oldie thing coming from? I swear I've read all the previews and all I'm seeing is that 5 new NPCs are involved, and not the amount of comebacks.

On the Bio social site thing. I'm not surprised you haven't found it, the place is a mess.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Oh, please. It's only a mess if you are a simpleton. All that expansion info can be found in one thread sticky in the official forums with handy links. Not complex at all.

And, why are people still insistent on whining about being forced to be a GW. It's part of the game. Don't like it, don't play it. This feature is one of those that won't change no matter how much one whines.

Just wonder who the old ally will be. Probably won't be Morrigan or else the expansion will be overloaded with major stories at it already has seemingly 2-3 major ones.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

So Monte isn't a person, but a whole people?

Yes indeed. Mwuahahahahaaaa!!!

I thought he was a river to his people? Weird.

So, ME1 had DLC debacles, and now DA:O's first post-release DLC has been pushed back for the second time. Yet, Bioware wants to continue the DLC stream with ME2? I hate to be a doomsayer, but if I were eagerly anticipating ME2 DLC (no longer really anticipating ME2 at all, TBH, due to the resurrection spell), I would start feeling quite a bit of trepidation.

^ FWIW, my view is that because DA has such a strong, linear narrative it makes convincing bite-sized DLC (story-wise) an issue. Where does it all fit in? Not a problem for an XP.

DLC for a more open-ended game? sure, no problem, you could visit Durlag's Tower and it had no impact on anything else you did. I don't get the feeling that this is Bio's vision for DA:O. A shame, a big just-for-the-sake-of-it dungeon in the middle of Ferelden, four hours game-play, five bucks? Why not?

Alternatively, you could download my mod, which is heavily tunnel-based.

Cheers

MC

Edited by Monte Carlo

sonsofgygax.JPG

The bad guy in Awakenings is called the Architect!

Will he wear a white suit, sit in a room with lots of tvs, and use big words: "concordantly, vis-a-vis"?

Will we discover that this is not the first time that Thedas has been destroyed by a blight?

All of this has happened before, All of this will happen a - oh wait, sorry, wrong cyclical series of events.

Edited by newc0253

dumber than a bag of hammers

Ok, I see the one old favorite now. Considering the way the trailer rams Alistair down my throat, I have a strong suspicion who that might be. :blink:

This goes on the 'wait and see' list. Not exactly ecstatic so far (of course I got my preordered copy weeks late because EA Nordic messed up the PS3 collector's editions, the PS3 patch is MIA and fixes haven't been announced and return to Ostagar is in the 'postponed until further notice at the last possible moment' phase.)

Damn, it better be worth it for that price. Hm, tempted to just wait for a GOTY pack though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"it better be worth it for that price."

Shouldn't anything be worth it no matter what it's priced at. Besides, it isn't that more expensive than your typical BIO expansion. Heck, TOB was practically priced like a full game with basically as much content. *shrug*

The full game was $80ish, after all. $45-$50 ain't too bad.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Weird, I paid $55 before tax for the original game.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Don't mind Volo, he's just being Volo. He'll say '80' eighty times before the xpack is out. :blink:

I don't know about 'value for money' but I'm pleased they're actually getting something of a decent size out, even if I have to pay more I'd rather get something that actually takes more to play than it does to install (and fix). I'll see whether they actually introduce gameplay improvements and sensible 'epic' levels though.

i think an expansion pack in march for a 100+ hr game released 4 months earlier is pretty sweet myself.

as for value for money, most folks here paid for wardens keep, so everyone's expectations will be suitably lowered...

dumber than a bag of hammers

I believe 'the Architect' is from the Dragon Age: The Calling. He's an intelligent darkspawn who wants to end the Blight by making everyone in Thedas a Grey Warden.

Ok, I see the one old favorite now. Considering the way the trailer rams Alistair down my throat, I have a strong suspicion who that might be. :blink:

What trailer?

Oh, I found it.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I believe 'the Architect' is from the Dragon Age: The Calling. He's an intelligent darkspawn who wants to end the Blight by making everyone in Thedas a Grey Warden.

What trailer?

Oh, I found it.

EA Germany had a trailer up on their Youtube channel earlier. It got 'removed by user', which is why I didn't link it. :)

Obsidianites might find it interesting that Ferret Baudoin was apparently the lead for this project.

Edited by Nepenthe