Dragon Age discussion

Gorth

Just don't go Dalish Elf. It sucks halla balls.

I've been playing a Dalish archer and it's been pretty good. My only gripe is a general one, namely that playing as a rogue is pointless as one is forced into combat no matter what. One can't even sneak past enemies since opening doors "in combat" is impossible & otherwise one just triggers an avalanche of enemy spawns.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Just don't go Dalish Elf. It sucks halla balls.

I've been playing a Dalish archer and it's been pretty good. My only gripe is a general one, namely that playing as a rogue is pointless as one is forced into combat no matter what. One can't even sneak past enemies since opening doors "in combat" is impossible & otherwise one just triggers an avalanche of enemy spawns.

Playing as a rogue can be pointless if you don't abuse the horrible riposte+coup de grace+momentum(+lethality+etc.) combo. :) The dozen backstabs kill most things so I don't even have to try to remember where I bound Punisher... So yeah, I wouldn't call rogues pointless, stealth gameplay is just not the thing :/

So far just as far as the origins go, the dwarf noble has been my favourite, with the human noble and city elf coming close behind... Of course, I've never been too partial to dwarves, so subjectively I probably prefer the latter two for a character I have to live with for 70-80 hours. :o

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I've taken a break from the game. First of all, my video card bit the dust. Second of all, the holidays got in the way. Third of all, and related to the video card, I don't buy anything for myself during Christmastime until after the first of the year. I didn't figure that anyone would buy me a new video card, but you never know. Anyhow, I don't like to put my games on the wife's computer and the laptop would melt if I tried to play DA on it.

Video card will be here this week and then I can make fun of Walsh's puny character. Bwahahaha

So yeah, I wouldn't call rogues pointless, stealth gameplay is just not the thing :/

Materializing in front of an enemy and dumping an Arrow of Slaying into the enemy's face, then cloacking again and waiting for Arrow of slaying to recharge is a winning tactic.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Happy New Year, Tunnel Warriors.

Anybody got Return to Ostagar yet? Or has the 'We Won't Pay For Half-an-Hour of DLC' movement gathered momentum.

Have been too busy playing Company of Heroes to pay as much attention as perhaps I should.

Toodle pip,

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

Happy New Year, Tunnel Warriors.

Anybody got Return to Ostagar yet? Or has the 'We Won't Pay For Half-an-Hour of DLC' movement gathered momentum.

Have been too busy playing Company of Heroes to pay as much attention as perhaps I should.

Toodle pip,

MC

It's only coming out tomorrow, toots.

^ In which case I'm confused... I took a look at the DA website:

All new gameplay coming your way on January 5th, 2010 in BioWare' s latest addon for Dragon Age:Origins - Return to Ostagar. Get all the details here.

With reference to Darkspawn Duncan --- as long as he's romance-able and you can down-load his hairstyle the Bio drones will be more than happy.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Random rumours of a real expansion, but may be bogus, or just a DLC bundle.

I certainly wouldn't mind a real expansion pack with actual gameplay improvements as opposed to this pointless 'play for 15 minutes and get a nice sword' crap.

Officially here: http://pc.ign.com/articles/105/1058169p1.html

Well, well. I am, indeed, colored surprised.

^ In which case I'm confused... I took a look at the DA website:

Return to Ostagar Delayed

"We're sorry but the planned Return to Ostagar downloadable content scheduled to launch on January 5th has been delayed for all platforms."

As am I. I guess the rumors were right.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Awakening raises the level cap of the game

Hope they get that right, the character development system was clearly set for a ~20 level cap.

Random rumours of a real expansion, but may be bogus, or just a DLC bundle.

I certainly wouldn't mind a real expansion pack with actual gameplay improvements as opposed to this pointless 'play for 15 minutes and get a nice sword' crap.

That was quick, the must of been working on it for the last 6 months. Either that, or this is the fastest made expansion in gaming history.

Players will also have the option to import and revise their characters from Dragon Age: Origins, expanding on the customization of their heroes.

Interesting, wonder how they are going about this? Using the auto save that reverts the game to just before the final battle?

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

That was quick, the must of been working on it for the last 6 months. Either that, or this is the fastest made expansion in gaming history.

Interesting, wonder how they are going about this? Using the the auto save that reverts the game to just before the final battle?

Well, I guess during the PC->console porting phase more things took place than the reimplementation of Shale. Or this is the elusive Montreal studio at work. Seems like they've got their timetable pretty well perfected (apart from the limping of Return to Ostagar, but the plan's good, if not the execution)...

Players will also have the option to import and revise their characters from Dragon Age: Origins, expanding on the customization of their heroes.

Interesting, wonder how they are going about this? Using the the auto save that reverts the game to just before the final battle?

Probably that, or whatever save you've created afterwards for playing DLC. That's the way they've announced importing is going to work from ME2 to ME3, and if they know THAT in this phase, they've probably prototyped it somewhere else to 'great success'. :aiee:

Exporting 'final saves' has been a very standard feature of video gaming this decade, so I'm not worrying.

My point was that at the moment, it would appear they're making the system DLC-friendlier by allowing people to import any post-storyline completion save game - so it's not locked to a specific (type) of savegame. :aiee:

It's nothing major, but a nifty feature in its own right, and looking at the amount of confusion the importing function in ME2 has created, probably a great idea to simplify it.

SO, it's a matter of time before they release a gold edition which will include the expansion and all the dlcs...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

SO, it's a matter of time before they release a gold edition which will include the expansion and all the dlcs...

Yes. How MUCH time is going to be interesting.

"So it basically cost about the same as original game but ain't stand alone game. It better have the content of the full game with that price."

Huh? The original was about $80, and no, the difference between Amerikan and Kanadian money is not that big of a difference.

"I'm trying to work out the math --- it's allegedly 15 hours + 5 new NPCs (+1 oldie which has to be Morrigan)."

WUT!?! We're not getting access tom all of the old familiar npcs? That sucks. I'm betting at least some of the new npcs are popular non joinables from Origins.

New specializations are neat but Im sure most people already took 2 so it's good they likely will give the option to edit characters. I wonder what new spells, talents, and skills there'll be...

"Historically, Bio XPs aren't generally a rip-off,"

This. SOU was the worst by far yet it was from worthless. The other theree were simply awesome.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.