Dragon Age discussion

Gorth

Yeah, my mage PC... the little ****... ended up in bed with both Zevran and Alistair. Both are now madly in love with her. When I talk to old Zev, he keeps telling me that I have to tell Alistair. I keep agreeing, and don't tell Alistair. I'm keeping them both, damn it. I might as well, because

after I put Alistair on the throne to rule alone, the louse gave me the "you realize that I have to have an heir, and two tainted parents couldn't possibly produce an untainted child, so this is it for us, we have no future" speech.

I thought, "well you son-of-a-bitch! And after I

already sent Morrigan away, deciding to sacrifice myself rather than forcing you to debase your seed in such a vulgar manner, too!

Okay, okay, so I cheated on the guy. If I'd known what an ungrateful prick he was going to be, I'd have gone after Lelianna too!

;)

What a bum. I guess I'll be sticking with Lelianna.

Er... things didn't turned out the way I'd planned, actually. After the drudgery that is the "final battles",

Alistair and I finally downed the archedemon. I was already wondering what wonderfully repentant things he'd say about me at my funeral.

Suddenly, before I could take a single step, a cutscene started and

Alistair declared he loved me too much to let me die. This, after dumping me??? Arghhh... I used every possible line of dialogue to stop him, but eventually he became the newly-deceased hero of Feraldan while I stood there with my mouth open, and that backstabbing b*tch Anora was giving me a smug grin.

:ermm: Damn, was I ticked off!

am thinking that we is more disturbed by Di reaction than we is by the bio implementations. the two-timing trollop character she decides to play manages to be perturbed by allistair's selfishness AND by his unalterable sacrifice and confession o' love.

is not that Di's reasoning is incomprehensible, is just disturbing in the same way we find much of female reasoning to be... peculiar.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I sold Alister's armor because of cash needs earlier in the game and then just parked him in camp, seeing as how I couldn't stand listening to him. It was rather humorous to watch him try to wrestle the crown of Fereldon away from the queen in his undies. Thankfully he left on his own accord and I didn't have to take him along on the final fight.

Having to fend off the Darkspawn at the gate with Zevran and what'shisname the barbarian both in their skivvies for much the same reason and all my weapons having the wrong requirements, that was somewhat harder.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Having to fend off the Darkspawn at the gate with Zevran and what'shisname the barbarian both in their skivvies for much the same reason and all my weapons having the wrong requirements, that was somewhat harder.

Turns out that I'm apparently jaded enough to keep the second string armed and equipped to at least a decent standard, just because I suspected that at some point I'd have to use them. :ermm:

Not sure how somebody can actually be strapped of cash in this game, though.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Some of the best stuff can be bought, and it's not cheap :ermm: The most powerful ones are quick to empty one's pocket completely! It's not like Baldur's Gate 2 where three to four items that are sold are among the best in their category, and their price isn"t that high when compared to the amount of cash one cam make in that game!

So... is Dragon Age better than Jade Empire?

It's actually nothing like Jade Empire, which was meant to be a fight game with RPG elements, and did that very well. I enjoyed the Asian atmosphere, found the story fun if predictable, and rather a non-serious fun romp.

Dragon Age is an immense game, very powerful in spots, and much closer to BG2 than any other game I can think of. Others may disagree, but I did find Dragon Age to be a spiritual successor to BG2. There's much interaction between companions... one wrong move and you may have to kill some of them, or watch them leave forever. The story interested me, the side quests ... there are tons of them... were usually fun and interesting. I think it may be GOTY. It's certainly good enough, in my opinion.

Tremendous replay value as well, btw.

Yeah, my mage PC... the little ****... ended up in bed with both Zevran and Alistair. Both are now madly in love with her. When I talk to old Zev, he keeps telling me that I have to tell Alistair. I keep agreeing, and don't tell Alistair. I'm keeping them both, damn it. I might as well, because

after I put Alistair on the throne to rule alone, the louse gave me the "you realize that I have to have an heir, and two tainted parents couldn't possibly produce an untainted child, so this is it for us, we have no future" speech.

already sent Morrigan away, deciding to sacrifice myself rather than forcing you to debase your seed in such a vulgar manner, too!

Okay, okay, so I cheated on the guy. If I'd known what an ungrateful prick he was going to be, I'd have gone after Lelianna too!

:)

Er... things didn't turned out the way I'd planned, actually. After the drudgery that is the "final battles",

Alistair and I finally downed the archedemon. I was already wondering what wonderfully repentant things he'd say about me at my funeral.

Suddenly, before I could take a single step, a cutscene started and

Alistair declared he loved me too much to let me die. This, after dumping me??? Arghhh... I used every possible line of dialogue to stop him, but eventually he became the newly-deceased hero of Feraldan while I stood there with my mouth open, and that backstabbing b*tch Anora was giving me a smug grin.

:ermm: Damn, was I ticked off!

am thinking that we is more disturbed by Di reaction than we is by the bio implementations. the two-timing trollop character she decides to play manages to be perturbed by allistair's selfishness AND by his unalterable sacrifice and confession o' love.

is not that Di's reasoning is incomprehensible, is just disturbing in the same way we find much of female reasoning to be... peculiar.

HA! Good Fun!

*shrug* It's a role playing game. I was role playing. My first PC, a human noble, had a much different morality code and was heads over heels in love with Al. My mage, finally let out of the tower in which she'd spent her entire life, was a wild child. She cared deeply for Al, but couldn't resist temptation with the sexy elf. But in the end, having sampled the life she'd been previously denied, she realized that duty to her country trumped her own happiness and her own life. She didn't want Anora on the throne. She believed Al would be a great king, a king who should not be coerced into the "dark deed" that an unhardened Alistair would take badly. She didn't consider Alistair's rejection of her to be selfish, by the way. She saw it for what it was, him choosing his duty over her... just as she was choosing duty, to sacrifice herself, over her own desires. When all of her plans went "poof", the man she cared about, the man Fereldan needed, was dead and the woman she despised on his throne, you bet she was upset... at herself. She went through the rest of her life convinced that she was responsible for Alistair's death because

it never occurred to her that Alistair would choose her over his duty after the "we have no future speech" and because she wouldn't let him sleep with a swamp witch.

The truth is that Alistair died because

the dumb player controlling her listened to Riordan and took him to the archdemon without realizing that dispite having dumped her earlier, his honor would force him to make the ultimate sacrifice. Blah.

So that's the actual rationale I used on that playthrough, and the ending I'd hoped to achieve. The rest of the descriptions I gave were deliberately kept humorous and exaggerated for effect in response to the discussion of how others had romanced more than one companion in the same game. Then again, I AM a female... damned that peculiar reasoning of mine! :*

Edited by ~Di

So any idea when this Return to Ostagar DLC comes out?

Let's hope its better than Bio's last ME DLC. Pinnacle Station my ass. :ermm:

Jan. 5. Unsurprisingly, PS3 is 'later' again.

Many thanks my good chap.

I think I'll simply hold out for ME2. For one thing the Blood Dragon Armour is not aesthetically nauseating. But just because there won't be any vomit on my armour, doesn't mean it won't be stained with blood. Oh, expect blood. Rivers of it.

Blood_Dragon_Armor.jpg

manthing2.jpg

Nonsense.

Leliana deserves a proper man, not some tainted box fairy.

A real man wouldn't know what to do with Lelianna. A real man can go romance Zevy. :lol:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Nonsense.

Leliana deserves a proper man, not some tainted box fairy.

A real man wouldn't know what to do with Lelianna. A real man can go romance Zevy. :lol:

Sure we do. We'd simply charge our cargo up her loading ramp.

And you have keep nancy-boy. We don't want him.

manthing2.jpg

Some of the best stuff can be bought, and it's not cheap :lol: The most powerful ones are quick to empty one's pocket completely! It's not like Baldur's Gate 2 where three to four items that are sold are among the best in their category, and their price isn"t that high when compared to the amount of cash one cam make in that game!

Ok, sure, maybe it's the inverse - the sale value of all the loot you pick up is so low that I can't see a point in not keeping everybody outfitted at least to a tolerable degree. Especially with the amount of sneaky forced NPCs you get.

the Anvil is definitely the hardest sequence in the game to me just because I have to take Oghren there every time, completely wrecking my mojo.

Many thanks my good chap.

I think I'll simply hold out for ME2. For one thing the Blood Dragon Armour is not aesthetically nauseating. But just because there won't be any vomit on my armour, doesn't mean it won't be stained with blood. Oh, expect blood. Rivers of it.

Blood_Dragon_Armor.jpg

I love it that they nerfed the DAO Blood Dragon Armor to get its set bonus with just the helm (the original version had somewhat better stats and didn't require the helm). It actually looked pretty good without that glowing bucket. (Ok, so maybe pretty good is relative when it comes to DAO armor, and the fact that barring the Chevalier Armor, basically all the good-looking armor isn't gettable in the base game, including but not limited to Warden Commander's armor, King's Armor and the Red Steel variant of it Ser Perth sometimes wears. Grr. And don't even get me started on the helmets, this: http://social.bioware.com/wiki/dragonage/i...le:Massive1.jpg better be in return to ostagar... :))

OTOH, armor looks wise, ME2 seems to be a vast improvement over the first installment (phoenix and colossus armors, 'nuff said), but that's not really for this thread...

OTOH, armor looks wise, ME2 seems to be a vast improvement over the first installment (phoenix and colossus armors, 'nuff said), but that's not really for this thread...
Most of the armor I saw weren't ugly, just not as good looking as some others (turian phantom armor <3).

Most of the armor I saw weren't ugly, just not as good looking as some others (turian phantom armor <3).

ME armor? No, there was a lot of good-looking armor in the game too, most of the mid-tier stuff Hahne-Kedar etc. stuff was pretty sweet. But of the top-tier human armors, of which there were essentially just 2, Colossus and the Predator L/M/H range, I basically had to go with the Predator each time because of the 'red panties on top of black armor' look of the Colossus. :lol:

And, well: http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2...onthavetime.jpg

ME armor? No, there was a lot of good-looking armor in the game too, most of the mid-tier stuff Hahne-Kedar etc. stuff was pretty sweet. But of the top-tier human armors, of which there were essentially just 2, Colossus and the Predator L/M/H range, I basically had to go with the Predator each time because of the 'red panties on top of black armor' look of the Colossus. :)

And, well: http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2...onthavetime.jpg

:lol:

I did prefer the predator over the colossus too, but the medium col VIII was simply better than the light pred VII.

Some of Tali's amors look just plain badass, almost evil since it tints the visor red and you can only see her glowing red eyes behind the helm. Perfect armor for a sith, I say. :lol:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The quarian Colossus armor looked great.

It did, and the Krogan and Turian variants weren't too shabby either.

Human, almost as bad as Phoenix. :p

Both my 'main' playthroughs, I wound up going with Predator L/M/H for everybody, just because I liked the idea of my Spectre squad having uniform camo armor, and Spectres using Armax Arsenal gear even made sense from a story point of view. :ermm:

Edited by Nepenthe

Random rumours of a real expansion, but may be bogus, or just a DLC bundle.

I certainly wouldn't mind a real expansion pack with actual gameplay improvements as opposed to this pointless 'play for 15 minutes and get a nice sword' crap.

Random rumours of a real expansion, but may be bogus, or just a DLC bundle.

I certainly wouldn't mind a real expansion pack with actual gameplay improvements as opposed to this pointless 'play for 15 minutes and get a nice sword' crap.

Interesting, but color me sceptical. That would be 15 hours of game coming basically out of nowhere - either the best kept secret in gaming, or a 'seekret' team :/

Yeah, this is what it burning me out on DLC's. For now, I'll just wait a year, then finally d/l all the DLC's that are available for DA.

I guess I will just wait for the gold edition then...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

It was rather humorous to watch him try to wrestle the crown of Fereldon away from the queen in his undies.

Oh, I have seriously got to try that! :sorcerer:

The only thing worse than a short crappy add-on to the main campaign would be an insubstantial alternative campaign. If the coming expansion pack doesn't enhance the Grey Warden's story, then what's the point of it? Mask of the Betrayer would be a good model, also Tales of the Sword Coast, but not Shadows of Wossname.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I just got the game. That is all.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.