Dragon Age discussion

Gorth

I think you can use the tavern in Redcliffe as a permanent storage facilty. You have to talk to Bella (I think that's the waitress' name), not sure if you have to get in her favor and/or arrange that she runs the tavern.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I think you can use the tavern in Redcliffe as a permanent storage facilty. You have to talk to Bella (I think that's the waitress' name), not sure if you have to get in her favor and/or arrange that she runs the tavern.

Not exactly a particularly useful storage facility if you have to track all the way to freakin' Bella to retrieve your robe & wizard hat. I can't believe the dev's oversight in failing to provide you with one at camp. Even your army has a storage chest. Bet you they intentionally left it out just to aggravate you. The bastards.

manthing2.jpg

But remember, you get an out-of-the-way, inconvenient storage chest in their day-one DLC! So there is a chest, you just have to shell out money for it! :p

Or you could install a mod that adds one to your camp.

:o

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I installed the "camp chest" mod, and I'm so glad I did. The only time I have to run to Warden's Peak now is to buy grandmaster ruins that cost 3 sovereigns less than anywhere else, and oogle some of the specialty items that I've saved up for.

So i was in camp and had sex with morrigan and then i tried to have sex with leliana and i was like yeah baby i love you more :p and then she broke into this full length song and i didnt get laid and i was sad :'(

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

So i was in camp and had sex with morrigan and then i tried to have sex with leliana and i was like yeah baby i love you more o:) and then she broke into this full length song and i didnt get laid and i was sad :'(

Cool story, bro. :p

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

So i was in camp and had sex with morrigan and then i tried to have sex with leliana and i was like yeah baby i love you more o:) and then she broke into this full length song and i didnt get laid and i was sad :'(

Cool story, bro. :p

I guess he had no problems finding the "camp chest".

manthing2.jpg

Those romances are completely borked.

When my female PC suggested some tent business to Zevran and it didn't work out since his approval wasn't high enough at that point, Leliana still suddenly started to scold my PC about "what had happened with Zevran" and my PC found herself faced with a choice that shouldn't even have existed in the first place.

A similar thing had happened with Leliana on my first playthrough. After telling her ten times that my PC had chosen Alistair, near the end of the game she still scolded my PC for "playing with her feelings". WTF?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

When my female PC suggested some tent business to Zevran and it didn't work out since his approval wasn't high enough at that point, Leliana still suddenly started to scold my PC about "what had happened with Zevran" and my PC found herself faced with a choice that shouldn't even have existed in the first place.

A similar thing had happened with Leliana on my first playthrough. After telling her ten times that my PC had chosen Alistair, near the end of the game she still scolded my PC for "playing with her feelings". WTF?

I'd guess that the game sets a variable for "romance initiated" that flips to "on" when you first make a pass at an NPC and that starts the "love triangle" dialogue as soon as you've tried to start more than 1 romance. I don't see why Lel shouldn't be mad at you making a pass a Zev, regardless of his shooting you down, but if the dialogue doesn't account for that, then it probably is a weakness in the writing/scripting.

You think that's broken?

I kept telling Alistair how I would sacrifice myself so he could be king, and he was telling me how he was going to be the best king evar, even though it's been long since decided Anora would rule. And what's with my character nodding while Alistair murders Loghain? I was going "You stupid bonehead, now you screwed everything up!"

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I'd guess that the game sets a variable for "romance initiated" that flips to "on" when you first make a pass at an NPC and that starts the "love triangle" dialogue as soon as you've tried to start more than 1 romance. I don't see why Lel shouldn't be mad at you making a pass a Zev, regardless of his shooting you down, but if the dialogue doesn't account for that, then it probably is a weakness in the writing/scripting.

In my previous game, I managed to bring both Zevran and Leliana into my tent (so to speak). First Zevran had my undying love and then towards the end game, something seems to have "reset" a variable somewhere and I could fast forward Lelianas dialogue to the point of sharing sleeping bags (which I did). I suspect it was a bug, but quite amusing anyway.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yeah, my mage PC... the little ****... ended up in bed with both Zevran and Alistair. Both are now madly in love with her. When I talk to old Zev, he keeps telling me that I have to tell Alistair. I keep agreeing, and don't tell Alistair. I'm keeping them both, damn it. I might as well, because

after I put Alistair on the throne to rule alone, the louse gave me the "you realize that I have to have an heir, and two tainted parents couldn't possibly produce an untainted child, so this is it for us, we have no future" speech.

I thought, "well you son-of-a-bitch! And after I

already sent Morrigan away, deciding to sacrifice myself rather than forcing you to debase your seed in such a vulgar manner, too!

Okay, okay, so I cheated on the guy. If I'd known what an ungrateful prick he was going to be, I'd have gone after Lelianna too!

:)

Edited by ~Di

Yeah, my mage PC... the little ****... ended up in bed with both Zevran and Alistair. Both are now madly in love with her. When I talk to old Zev, he keeps telling me that I have to tell Alistair. I keep agreeing, and don't tell Alistair. I'm keeping them both, damn it. I might as well, because

after I put Alistair on the throne to rule alone, the louse gave me the "you realize that I have to have an heir, and two tainted parents couldn't possibly produce an untainted child, so this is it for us, we have no future" speech.

already sent Morrigan away, deciding to sacrifice myself rather than forcing you to debase your seed in such a vulgar manner, too!

Okay, okay, so I cheated on the guy. If I'd known what an ungrateful prick he was going to be, I'd have gone after Lelianna too!

What a bum. I guess I'll be sticking with Lelianna.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Er... things didn't turned out the way I'd planned, actually. After the drudgery that is the "final battles",

Alistair and I finally downed the archedemon. I was already wondering what wonderfully repentant things he'd say about me at my funeral.

Suddenly, before I could take a single step, a cutscene started and

Alistair declared he loved me too much to let me die. This, after dumping me??? Arghhh... I used every possible line of dialogue to stop him, but eventually he became the newly-deceased hero of Feraldan while I stood there with my mouth open, and that backstabbing b*tch Anora was giving me a smug grin.

:) Damn, was I ticked off!

Nonsense.

Leliana deserves a proper man, not some tainted box fairy.

manthing2.jpg

My local store is selling Dragon Age for 42 euros.

Shall I buy it now or wait for an updated version that would be including all the downloadable add-ons and maybe an eventual expansion?

I don't have time to play it right now and I have a couple of unfinished games installed on my pc (Witcher, Nwn2 Soz).

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

My local store is selling Dragon Age for 42 euros.

Shall I buy it now or wait for an updated version that would be including all the downloadable add-ons and maybe an eventual expansion?

I don't have time to play it right now and I have a couple of unfinished games installed on my pc (Witcher, Nwn2 Soz).

I've only tried it at a friend place but I'd wait for the eventual gold version. Seems like the DLC add enough to be worth it, but not enough to be worth their price if bought individually.

I was extremely disapointed with Jade Empire, yet I liked Mass Effect. I don't know what to think about Dragon Age... if its going to be another return to Jade Empire territory...

I think I'm just going to wait to get a used copy around 30 bucks or so. Says a lot considering how few Western RPGs hit the market and I can't even build up excitement for Dragon Age. I think the meh feeling is not just due to Jade Empire, but NwN OC was pretty meh too and the whole 'this is the new ****' build up has all been a big turn off. :ermm:

So any idea when this Return to Ostagar DLC comes out?

Let's hope its better than Bio's last ME DLC. Pinnacle Station my ass. :ermm:

Jan. 5. Unsurprisingly, PS3 is 'later' again.

Personally, I'd like them to sell Warden's Keep 2.0, where after you secure the Keep, you can actually go inside of it again. Maybe buy fish for your aquarium.

Yes, me too.

The Intai'sei pad, half-assed as it is, made pinnacle station worth it. While the phat lewt in warden's keep carries it, I can't just help but wince at how totally it fails on the 'base' side.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I'd rate Dragon Age a good deal higher than Jade Empire. DA was fantastic.

Of course I personally enjoyed them both, so keep that in mind. The difference between the two for me was in the world creation and lore. JE came across as smaller and not as well developed. Of course that is probably just because it was a more foreign concept to me to be in an Asian fantasy than a medieval fantasy.

I felt like Jade Empire was such a wasted opportunity. The visuals of the game-world was absolutely fantastic but the content felt the same ol'. it had all the potential in the world for a really fun action-RPG combat system but it was so pitifully easy that it came across as really flat.

If they had created something with the Jade Empire type of visuals and inserted some of the political machinations, darkness and grit (oh yeah) of Dragon Age then it could've been an extremely cool game.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0