What you did today

Gorth

i think monte carlo and i have a competition going to see which of us has played BG the most (well, i think he's strictly a BGII guy while i play both). if there's a combination of major mods that i haven't played at least twice, i'd be surprised. personaly, i prefer the BG trilogy mod. it seems to be more stable than tutu.

taks

edit: for the record, i did most of my remaining xmas shopping today, and waxed our skis. john's final december scooter's class is saturday and we're ready to go, though, unfortunately, there is no new snow predicted till monday.

Edited by taks

comrade taks... just because.

I believe I just received the greatest chat message of my life:

"sooner cut off your **** and mail it to a hispanic woman [than buy a macbook air]."

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

back to work tomorrow, but had an awesomely chilled out couple of days off

i suppose i should have caught up on the lack of sleep from the last week, but screw sleeping in when there's a nice day in the park in the sun to be had :lol:

also already made a couple of new years resolutions

1. shave off the goatee and grow a big beard and dye it blue again

2. stop smoking

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Yes, you do that you impossibly charismatic bastard. I'd like to see how you score with a massive blue pervert beard.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Off to the doctors to continue chemotherapy for the second time in 2 years, I seem to have acquired cancer. As a good and wise man once said cancer sucks. Stay away from the cigarettes boys and girls they'll kill ya, if not they will make your life miserable.

Damn, I hope you'll be all right.. Cancer sucks indeed..

Fortune favors the bald.

Oh man. That sucks. Hope you get better. Too many people don't. :lol:

I once tried to grow a beard. I failed.

I can never get past the bit where it starts to itch really bad. I start scratching and I end up with my face covered with red bumps. Also, I often rest my chin on the back of my hands and if I have stubble it also gives me itchy red bumps. Like I'm allergic to my facial hair or something.

Sorry about the news Kelv but I believe in you champ and I believe in modern medicine. We all pray in our own ways, mine is going to involve some coffee and english muffins. Good luck man I know you'll come out on top.

Edit: Oh yeah how could I forget. Early christmas miracle in the form of a B in tax. Hells yeah. Also I think I'm going to ask this girl out either today or tomorrow. I suppose I'll just do the stupid coffee thing since I have no other alternatives since I have no outside hobbies or interests and my life is a complete void. Damn depression has seriously destroyed life. Le sigh. Hmmm need to find a star bucks or something. Get on that Wals.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Off to the doctors to continue chemotherapy for the second time in 2 years, I seem to have acquired cancer. As a good and wise man once said cancer sucks. Stay away from the cigarettes boys and girls they'll kill ya, if not they will make your life miserable.

Holy crap. If it makes you feel any better - and it should - large percentages of people beat cancer. Maybe not all of them, maybe not the majority, but some do. If you want to know anything I'm more than happy to lay down what I know from my mom's battle. Just PM me.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Wow all thanks for the support, it tough to share but everyone has been real supportive and it's greatly appreciated.

Agreed, fight the good fight Kelverin.

So, if its not too personal, since you mentioned smoking, is it lung cancer?

Might be worse, tongue cancer. First they wanted to cut it out. Then do radiation and chemo, or just chemo and radiation. I would like to keep as many body parts as possible so I will avoid the surgery if at all possible. Lost a ton of weight, could not eat or talk for months, but getting better all the time the chemo is kicking it's ass so far, but I know it's not close to being over for me. Like someone said it's tough to get rid of.

Yes, you do that you impossibly charismatic bastard. I'd like to see how you score with a massive blue pervert beard.

i have had a blue beard before - didn't change things :sorcerer:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I was thinking if it wasn't lung cancer, maybe the throat ....cancer of the tongue...ouch. :/

And I agree, I'd avoid surgery if possible as well. Maybe if they just wanted to cut a little bit off but...glad the chemo seems to be working enough so far.

...after a busy last couple days I'm having a slow period, where the most active thing today, so far, has been chasing a few squirrels out of the house when they all decided to squirm through the hole in the screendoor looking for my stash of walnuts. Need to fix that.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Would you also feel sorry for someone who shot themselves while playing Russian roulette?

....TinMan. :)

If one isn't a murderous criminal etc. I have sympathy for anyone or anything in pain, because pain sucks no matter the cause.

But I'll remember to not send you a get well card if you ever need a new liver because of long-term daily consumption of alcohol or a new colon from eating too much red meat. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I got myself a new computer today which works wonderfully. I can play Mass Effect and Crysis on high and still get double digit FPS in the 30 to 60 range!

YAY ME!

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Good luck. I didn't even know there was tongue cancer.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS