What you did today

Gorth

We have a tree outside my house that's always filled with birds. Today however there's a blue jay in there that's being very loud and scaring all the other birds away.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

We have a tree outside my house that's always filled with birds. Today however there's a blue jay in there that's being very loud and scaring all the other birds away.

Fling a few rocks at him, problem solved!

I spent the day building a new fence around an area I'm prepping for a garden. This spring i'm going to try my hand at growing veggies. Now I'm going to make a Lynchberg Lemonade and go sit by the creek.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

jays are simply mean birds. i envy you, GD. sounds like a nice afternoon. of course, even if i were otherwise able to sit out by the creek and have a drink, i'm too hungover to consider it. pool night was pretty rough.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

How's the leg doing?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Can I drink with you one day Enoch? Just one day. And wals would be there. And we'd share stories of our exploits and I'd stoke the fire under the stars and all would be well in the world. And then I would slip peacefully into that good night, happy, for the first time in a long time.

And then the zulus attack! :)

Quite so!

Did I ever tell you that a Great-Great-Grandfather of mine fought in the Boer War? Cornwall Light Infantry, if I recall.

No you didn't! :) Did I ever mention that back in the late eighties I met an ancient Boer farmer who actually fought in the war as a child? I rather pleased to report that I was able to get along just fine with him, on showing the proper respect, and equally refusing to be ashamed of British behaviour. My main memory is us toasting each other with beer. The subordinate memory is him insisting we watch that strange black and white TV comedy about the duchess and her butler who gets progressively more drunk as he plays all the old guests at dinner.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

This particular gentleman was from Kidderminster in Worcestershire, and alternated between his army career and employment in the carpet mills in his hometown. Sometime in the nineteen-aughts, he emigrated with a wife and a few kids to Canada. During WW1, he served with the Canadians in a training capacity, but moved down into the States in the '20s, to work at a carpet mill in NJ.

This makes him rather unique in my family history-- the trend in my family has been escaping rather than volunteering for military service. One of my ancestors on my father's side left Denmark for the U.S. as a teenager to escape conscription in one of the mid-19th-century wars.

How's the leg doing?

The doctor wants me off it for one week, but it feels good. The swelling is almost gone and I've been stretching and putting about 50% on my weight on it at a time.

I'm thinking about buying a bike to help with the rehab. Jogging will probably be a bit tough, and I've been thinking about getting one for awhile now anyways. I think I can get back out on the ice by mid-February, and hopefully get back to playing games by the end of that month.

My armpits are killing me though :D

My friend went to blockbuster to get Mass Effect but somehow got Mass Effect 2. How do you get that kind of luck?

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Took the SAT. Think I did well.

I WANT MASS EFFECT!!

My friend went to blockbuster to get Mass Effect but somehow got Mass Effect 2. How do you get that kind of luck?

Damn. I envy this person.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Going snowboarding tomorrow. Technically it's my second time but I'm under the impression the first one shouldn't count because I wasn't actually snowboarding but rather falling down the mountain. God, I hope I'm infinitely better this time around because I'm hopefully going to bring girl with me the next time and oh how I want to impress her and then snowboard off to a remote tree gathering and knock snow boots.

I want mass effect 2 as well!

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Ahh the glory of incompetence.

That said, I need a translator of russian to let me figure out wtf this means:

stalinhitler3vw.gif

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I was quite drunk last night and on arriving home I cooked a very hot curry, and ate it whiole drinking about 2 litres of green tea and playing Red Orchestra.

"Break! Break! I have eyes on an unidentified russian tank at the barracks. I mean I say unidentified. I can see it perfectly clearly but I'm too drunk to tell which sort it is."

I didn't realise I could get so drunk I was unable to identify different types of tank.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

still hungover. even after eating twice, drinking water all day, and taking a mixture of advil and nyquil (not at the same time). oof.

taks

They hurt more as we get older don't they.

Today I started to do some more work on the barn and garden but after two hours and three cups of coffee I'm still at my computer.

Thomas Sowell

yeah, but differently, i think. maybe it's because i'm really not getting as drunk as i did years ago and i'm just feeling worse off of less alcohol. i don't get those super pounding headaches anymore, i just feel awful for a whole day. when i was 18, i could be done with it in a few hours with some advil and a gallon of water. not anymore.

i could use some coffee right now.

taks

i think i need to drive down to wolf creek to ski for a few days. 67" of fluffy stuff in just over 3 days. unbelievable.

taks

Yeah we had like a week of rain in vegas last week and me and a friend went snowboarding today, plenty of snow. We left pretty early and still had to wait in a long ass line and then after a few runs on the bunny hill because I'm a noob we hit up the real runs and by that time it was packed. I'm so incredibly exhausted its ridiculous. But alas, I think I did relatively decent considering the circumstances. Not sure I'll go again this season, even with girl, becuase it was honestly kind of a hassle for not a whole lot of fun. :'(

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

i live in CO springs, we get neither rain nor snow, at least, not much of either. oddly, we actually had probably 20 days of snow before the first of the year (2 or 3 since), which adds up to maybe 3 feet total. of course, our snow is typically between 30 and 40:1 snow to liquid ratio, which means it's still been dry. it is a desert here.

the southern mountains have been predicted to get pounded, which is what is happening. the northern mountains, particularly those along I-70, are expected to have an average year, but that has not been the case. unfortunately, the southern mountains average 4 hours from my house, and the northern mountains average about 2 hours. guess where i ski. grrr.

taks

oh, and for the record, i've been out maybe 10 or 11 days so far. my buddy and i are probably going to go up sometime this week, and again with our families on sunday (to copper mountain - season pass). another friend has a condo in aspen and my buddy and i will be out there sometime next week for a few days of fun on ajax mountain, too. i'm more interested in the party, however, since ajax is a pain when the snow is old. aspen is a pretty kickin town.

taks

Edited by taks

Preparing for a job interview. One of these BS-laden experiences where I have to be 'excited' to work in a dreadful field like finance :aiee: The technical ones are always more fun than this.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Decided that whatever I'm doing today is a waste of life. Midnight launch later. Its gonna be an epic-*** ******-****ing game.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Being an old fart or something, I'm becoming more and more annoyed when everyone's response to my saying something like "I have to go to insur. offices/DMV etc. to renew" is: "Renew online, why don't cha."

Because I don't want to, that's why. Gar!

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts