What you did today

Gorth

no work today so had a really chilled out day having beers in the sun on the roof at a mate's place

thankfully not sunburned, even though it was an intensely bright sunny day today and i was out there for a good couple of hours without a shirt on

really gotta feel sorry for you guys who are in the middle of winter :*

I thank you for your sympathy, but not for the reason you intended it. It's January and it's above freezing! Where the hell are my -20C temperatures and all the damn snow?! Which one of you bastards is stealing it all?! >_<

today i slept in for ages, got bought breakfast, went to visit a friend, got a tattoo, watched a wicked move, got given a genuine and pretty damn kick ass Vatican priest's coat, and had a beer waiting for me when i got home

it was a good day :lol:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Where the hell are my -20C temperatures and all the damn snow?! Which one of you bastards is stealing it all?! :lol:

Sorry mate, I think we are.. it's the coldest winter I can remember for the last decade and the snow has stayed for the better part of a month now.. which is unusual. Come by and pick it up anytime.. but make it soon!

Fortune favors the bald.

Up betimes and did three sodding hours of ironing. Watched the fresh fall of snow and watched starwars.

Off in the evening to some Army training and had great fun with a command exercise where we had to plan and brief each other. Not sure what the point was besides showing that officers don't have it totally easy. I scored top marks, and it felt great to be back having been warmly welcomed.

Just played some good old Star Wars Supremacy (the strategic win95 game) then got unfortunately depressed by reading this horrifying account of yet another children torturing children case. This sort of thing ruins my sleep.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Went to feed my pet redback with a fresh caught fly. It usually hangs around outside one of my living room windows, but it seems to have left me :shifty:

Ungrateful arachnid.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Ungrateful arachnid.

Aren't those rather poisonous? :shifty:

Yeah, I thought redbacks were so dangerous that if you gave them a colt .45 they'd actually become less deadly.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Ungrateful arachnid.

Aren't those rather poisonous? :shifty:

Yeah, I thought redbacks were so dangerous that if you gave them a colt .45 they'd actually become less deadly.

It is not as bad as its reputation. Yes, it is venomous, fatally so if you are unlucky, but it is not an "aggressive" species and seems generally reluctant to leave the safety of its web :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Watched Mass Effect 2 trailers. I want.

Edited by I want teh kotor 3
In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

met a girl on guy fawkes and though at the time i thought she was pretty cool i didn't make any effort to get her number and thought i'd never see her again

evidently i was wrong, as i encountered her at a gig a couple of weeks ago and we ended up staying up all night together doing stuff.

last night i met her after work for a casual coffee, and next thing we know it's 2am and we've just been chatting and hanging out for nearly 9 hours

tis a pity she's leaving the country in a couple of months :sorcerer:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I am drinking a Manhattan. A rather strong one: Wild Turkey Rye roughly 4:1 with M&R sweet vermouth, and a few dashes of Angostura bitters. I think the standard recipe is closer to 2:1, but I like rye. It's 2/3rds finished now, and my toes are starting to get nice and warm.

Can I drink with you one day Enoch? Just one day. And wals would be there. And we'd share stories of our exploits and I'd stoke the fire under the stars and all would be well in the world. And then I would slip peacefully into that good night, happy, for the first time in a long time.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

My brother and his wife welcomed a baby girl into their family early this morning. I'm just looking at the few pics he's sent along so far. It's nearly bringing a tear to my eye.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

My brother and his wife welcomed a baby girl into their family early this morning. I'm just looking at the few pics he's sent along so far. It's nearly bringing a tear to my eye.

So that makes you an uncle? congrats! I mean, it doesn't make up for the Oilers losing in the final 30 seconds but that's alright :lol:

That ugly, eh?

Congrats. :lol:

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I think those sonic(?) pictures, where the baby is still inside, are even worse. What are you supposed say, really? I said "that looks like a spaceship" and she never showed me another baby picture.

I

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Can I drink with you one day Enoch? Just one day. And wals would be there. And we'd share stories of our exploits and I'd stoke the fire under the stars and all would be well in the world. And then I would slip peacefully into that good night, happy, for the first time in a long time.

And then the zulus attack! :p

-Elwood Blues

I think those sonic(?) pictures, where the baby is still inside, are even worse. What are you supposed say, really? I said "that looks like a spaceship" and she never showed me another baby picture.

I

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Today I went to school and sat in the library reading for a test I have on Wednesday from 13:00 till it closed at 18:00. After that I moved to the reading room and read there until it closed at 22:00. I'm currently sitting in my school's computer room, which is open 24/7, researching for and writing an essay on Advertising and product placement in video games.

And then the zulus attack! :p

Quite so!

Did I ever tell you that a Great-Great-Grandfather of mine fought in the Boer War? Cornwall Light Infantry, if I recall.