What you did today

Gorth

Thank you :ermm:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I guess to someone who hates the short hours of winter and counts the days until late Spring, 7 minutes more light is a lot? I never really notice until mid-Feb....

i think you tend to notice more when you have something you have to do every day right at sunset in the winter. late december time-frame it's dark, then suddenly in january it's light, only a few weeks later.

in the mountains it's really noticeable because the sun actually "sets" much earlier due to the peaks, so the transition from sunlight through sunset to dark can be rather rapid.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Last month I made an offer to buy a small (2 acre) plot of land next to me. I heard nothing for months then today got a counter. It's wooded, isolated, has no hard road access or utility access unless I grant an easement, and to top it all of it's not even level (not by a long shot). I offered $9K, $4500 per acre. That is more than generous because lots without all of those issues are going for that price. The owner countered with $14K. He can go pound sand for that price. Oh well. Cold Creek runs along it's entire southern border and thats where I go fishing and I had a few ideas for that land.

Vineyard?

If you've abandoned ideas of buying at 14k you could set out precisely why you chose to offer 4.5. Comparisons, issues, etc. Let him see why, he may shift.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Vineyard?

If you've abandoned ideas of buying at 14k you could set out precisely why you chose to offer 4.5. Comparisons, issues, etc. Let him see why, he may shift.

Not Vinyard, Moonshine! Good Tennessee river bottom land, that is what its good for. I'll plant corn and sorgum for the mash up by the house and build a still by the river! Kidding of course. I would like to build a dock to fish from plus the plot is a natrual flood barrier for Cold Creek and I'd like to ensure it never gets developed which would increase the chance of my place flooding. I sent him a email explaing why I was not going to meet his price and how I came up with 9K. Another 10 acre plot closer to Raliegh Millington Pike (the nearest hard road) sold for $4800 per last November. And it is ready to build. This patch of dirt has the river and the Hatche Management area on one side, and me on the other. He cannot develop the lot unless I grant an easement for utility access and if he is a total A-Hole about this I will not be inclined to ever do that.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I want to bash my head on a rock. This is freaking ridiculous.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

You going to elaborate on that or just let us stew in the non contextual anger of interweb madness?

I had another date with girl today. We went for sushi, the place was pretty small, crowded and loud and the service was bad and the sushi was only subpar at best. However the tone and date in my opinion certainly went over a hell of a lot better than our first two but there is still something wrong and it is pissing me off. I have very little experience with female relationships but this is starting to get out of hand. It's pretty obvious were going out on dates, I tell her I like meeting up with her and that shes interesting and stuff to be complimentary and nice but while together it feels like the only thing running through her mind is like "why did I agree to this", she just seems kind of bored and doesn't want to be there and then afterwards we start chatting through text/facebook and all the sudden its all puppy dogs and squirrels, good times, etc

I wasn't even expecting us to go out on this last date, I kind of put out a vague want to hang out type thing just as a formality last week and then I get a text a few days ago reminding me and that she was interested. I don't know anymore, I'm thinking maybe shes stringing me along to be nice (and get free stuff >:() or something. I told her kind of straight up that it feels like she doesn't want to be there but she said she has fun. I'm just totally confused and I don't want to play games and she doesn't really want to open up. But I don't exactly have any other prospects either. This sucks.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I had another date with girl today. We went for sushi, the place was pretty small, crowded and loud and the service was bad and the sushi was only subpar at best. However the tone and date in my opinion certainly went over a hell of a lot better than our first two but there is still something wrong and it is pissing me off. I have very little experience with female relationships but this is starting to get out of hand. It's pretty obvious were going out on dates, I tell her I like meeting up with her and that shes interesting and stuff to be complimentary and nice but while together it feels like the only thing running through her mind is like "why did I agree to this", she just seems kind of bored and doesn't want to be there and then afterwards we start chatting through text/facebook and all the sudden its all puppy dogs and squirrels, good times, etc

I wasn't even expecting us to go out on this last date, I kind of put out a vague want to hang out type thing just as a formality last week and then I get a text a few days ago reminding me and that she was interested. I don't know anymore, I'm thinking maybe shes stringing me along to be nice (and get free stuff >:() or something. I told her kind of straight up that it feels like she doesn't want to be there but she said she has fun. I'm just totally confused and I don't want to play games and she doesn't really want to open up. But I don't exactly have any other prospects either. This sucks.

Just my $.02 but from what you said she sounds very comfortable over facebook, IMs/etc but not so much face to face. It sounds like she is not accustomed to dealing with real people who are right in front of her. I've heard this is becoming fairly common amonst younger people, girls in particular. It is more likely that she is self concious of her own social skills rather than anything you are doing wrong. If that is the case then I suggest double dating with two of yours or her friends to take some of the pressure off of her. See how that works then try for some alone time afterwards. Above all keep it light and fun especially in the beginning. There will be plenty of time for heavy relationship stuff later.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Despite quite a lot of experience I can't pretend to know how to fix the awkwardnesss aspect. There are all sorts of reasons. GD mentions one. Maybe she's also keen on someone else and is wondering which to go for. Or it could be that she enjoys different sorts of dates. Exploration can be fun, as in walking or art galleries, new towns or neighbourhoods. That gives you a chance to compare and contrast how you look at stuff.

If GD's right and she's awkward then you can go for more practical task centred dates like canoeing, or shooting the president.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm just totally confused and I don't want to play games and she doesn't really want to open up. But I don't exactly have any other prospects either. This sucks.

It sound alot like she is stringing you along for some reson or other. Maybe shes not sure about the whole deal, or shes just scared to say "not interested" so she goes out with you to be nice. I would start looking for other opportunities, you should come off a date thinking "Ive got a good feeling about this" not going home pissed and confused.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I'm just totally confused and I don't want to play games and she doesn't really want to open

Kaftan has a point. But it sound to me like she's confused as to why you haven't made a move yet.. if you are just talking and she wants to go back to your place.. no wonder she feels bored!

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm just totally confused and I don't want to play games and she doesn't really want to open

Kaftan has a point. But it sound to me like she's confused as to why you haven't made a move yet.. if you are just talking and she wants to go back to your place.. no wonder she feels bored!

Like Rosbjerg I have no wish to be crude, but young ladies sometimes just want to have fun. :p

-Elwood Blues

I sprained my shoulder at some point over the last two day, probably from using the crutches. It's a shame because my broken leg is healing very well and feels pretty good, so it's been a crappy setback. I'll probably have to take a couple more days off work to make sure I don't make it worse, but I'm going to wait until next week because I'm giving an exam this week.

Apparently the rod in my leg can come out in a year or so. Did I post a picture yet? This has the staples, which they actually took out a couple days ago. The swelling has gone down but the bruising is still lovely.

img2731q.jpg

Nothing. Still waiting for school to start again. I should get a job soon. Hopefully. Maybe.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

First of all, keep plugging away TheSlug! I don't have any grand insight, other than to agree with GD. Just because she's awkward or won't open up to you is probably more a sign of how she feels about herself than you. Dunno, but good luck my friend.

As for you, Hurlshot, OUCH! Dude, get better.

You going to elaborate on that or just let us stew in the non contextual anger of interweb madness?

Really crappy week... Stressed out if my goddamn mind...

@Hurlshot: That looks extremely painful. Good luck recovering.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

last night a couple of friends and i went on an adventure

decided to go for a walk to find a nice spot to watch the sunset and ended up walking up some tiny bush trail for about 2 hours until we got to the top of the hill

we missed the sunset, though we did find some glow worms next to the trail :(

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Vineyard?

Not Vinyard, Moonshine! Good Tennessee river bottom land, that is what its good for. I'll plant corn and sorgum for the mash up by the house and build a still by the river! Kidding of course. I would like to build a dock to fish from plus the plot is a natrual flood barrier for Cold Creek and I'd like to ensure it never gets developed which would increase the chance of my place flooding. I sent him a email explaing why I was not going to meet his price and how I came up with 9K. Another 10 acre plot closer to Raliegh Millington Pike (the nearest hard road) sold for $4800 per last November. And it is ready to build. This patch of dirt has the river and the Hatche Management area on one side, and me on the other. He cannot develop the lot unless I grant an easement for utility access and if he is a total A-Hole about this I will not be inclined to ever do that.

Sounds like the right tack. :sorcerer: If he doesn't go for it it's either

a) He thinks he can do better elsewhere

b) He's in a crappy mood.

In the case of a this would complicate matters. It could be some poor fool is considering buying who knows none of the complications with the land. Have yous een anyone else checking it out?

In the case of the latter perhaps you could invite him over for some steaks and bourbon? Or even better help clear up whatever's bothering him.

-Elwood Blues

In the case of the latter perhaps you could invite him over for some steaks and bourbon? Or even better help clear up whatever's bothering him.

I had to do a little research to even find out who owned it so my offer to buy was out of the blue for sure. I think he figures since I approached him the seller sets the price. The truth is it's worthless to him and I think he figures it's worth something to me so he's playing a little hardball. However, he's wrong, this is one of those things that might be nice but no big deal if it dosen't happen. Either way, $9K is all I can pay without mortgaging the lot and I don't want to do that. I explianed my reasons and the issues with the property. He told me he'd think it over.

Whatever heppens, happens. I am looking to do a little real estate investing this year anyway. I was looking at a house in Covington that was on sale for only $20k on a 220X140 lot (about average sized). In good shape it's worth about $70k but this place hasn't seen "good shape" since before the turn of the century. I'm going to meet the realtor up there tomorrow to see what all is wrong. Maybe I can fix it up. I've gotten pretty good at that kind of thing over the past few years.

Thomas Sowell

Holy Crap. 20k? Houses over your way are really cheap. If I ever decide to chuck in the towel and just live off my savings and investments I will have to come live in the US. Liquidate my property here. :)

-Elwood Blues

Holy Crap. 20k? Houses over your way are really cheap. If I ever decide to chuck in the towel and just live off my savings and investments I will have to come live in the US. Liquidate my property here. :)

Heh, the US has plenty of sky-high real estate markets as well. I paid $355,000 for my 850 square foot condo.

Covington is a VERY small town in west central TN. It is notable for only three things, the largest Truck Stop west of Nashvill on US 51, its the county seat of Tipton County and the western headquarters of the Tenn Fish & Game Service, and hunting and fishing in the Hatchie River and Anderson Tully management area. This place is locaed pretty close to both so I was hoping with the right kind of fix up it might be attractive to a hunting club. Otherwise this place is rual and to call it poor would be accurate.

I was also looking at a 900 sq ft place in Bartlett that needed some work. They are asking $160k. Gotta research that one some more.

Thomas Sowell