What you did today

Gorth

I just found out, an old NWN module I made eight or nine years ago made it into the Hall of Fame over on the NWN Vault. I hadn't thought about that thing in a while. I'll have to DL it again and run through it.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I've been bumped to first class before. I'm a cheap ass, so I don't fly anything better than coach if I pay for the ticket myself, but I have had benefactors who have paid for first class or business class tickets. Well... I'm cheap and I don't have a lot of money.

We often don't do much for New Years, and this year we actually did nothing. At midnight, we had a rum and coke.

Right now, I'm thinking about the crazy assed three months I've had, what with my week in the hospital and all. I was supposed to take a big exam and now I've put it off until the next cycle. Could have taken it in December, but the wife was griefing me so I didn't.

BTW: congrats, Guard Dog. And sorry to see you leave our fair land, Walsh, but at least you didn't get molested by Sluggie.

Edited by Aristes

Well, I guess it could be food poisoning. The symptoms (nausea, diarrhea, body- and headache, dehydration) are quite similar. I haven't puked yet, but the nausea has gotten close to pushing me over the edge from time to time. This sucks.

if it is food poisoning, you would know it. you would also be spending much more time in the bathroom on your knees, too. i had to be taken to the hospital the one time i had it. it doesn't typically result in a fever or other aches, as i recall (going on memory from what the doctor told me... probably could check wiki but i'm hungover and not feeling investigative right now). anyway, they gave me a shot that cleared up the nausea in half an hour, and immodium will always plug the back-end rather quickly. add in some saline drips through an IV and i was fine in under 2 hours though i felt out of sorts for a day or two afterward.

technically, there's no such thing as the stomach flu, though i've read that the flu itself can cause nausea and diarrhea (as well as the other symptoms, obviously). i haven't had anything like that in a long time, fortunately, and i certainly don't envy you.

Well, the reading I've done told me that for both maladies, symptoms can include stuff like vomiting, nausea, et cetera... I took that as meaning that people respond differently to the bugs, and that food poisoning could be any one of a number of possible toxins that have a range of effects. Rather than try to get to see a doctor on a holiday for a definitive diagnosis, I decided to just rest and force fluids for a day.

Anyhow, the important thing is that I am feeling a good deal better this morning. The nausea is gone, the fatigue (which was awful yesterday) is improved, and although I still don't have much of an appetite, I'm in the midst of eating an entire piece of toast. (Solid food forced down yesterday: 6 saltines and a half cup of applesauce.)

And sorry to see you leave our fair land, Walsh, but at least you didn't get molested by Sluggie.

I dunno tho. I suspect that while crudely executed it would have been the most surreal experience of my entire life. And my life is pretty surreal.

I actually hugely enjoyed my trip to the US. Much more so than in years past. But that's because this time I treated it like a foreign adventure. We share a language, but we are so different in many ways. I think the thing I liked least was the docile acceptance of corporate bum-tadgering in every aspect of life. But I couldn't help admiring the spirit of personal independence in every other way. Weird. Also, everything seemed to be far more shiny and better presented than over here.

I awoke about ten minutes ago and was startled to discover I'd been asleep for 13 hours. This is a great sign that the holdiay helped my stress levels.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

And sorry to see you leave our fair land, Walsh, but at least you didn't get molested by Sluggie.

The day is still very much young my good man. :sorcerer:

I was kind of hung over yesterday but still persevered and worked out which I'm really glad I did. I got home and then went to sleep for like a solid 10 hours and now I feel pretty great. For a day or two I was really depressed because things aren't really working out between me and this girl but I'm kind of over it now becuase I realized there was nothing between us anyways. But I'm feeling pretty good now, meeting old friends and actually reconnecting is a great mood booster.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

It's cold here today. Damn cold. This global warming is just too much!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Brazilian steakhouse. Epic freaking win. I couldn't move for hours.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Which one? The one on Oakland Park and US1 was incredible. I can't remeber the name but it was great.

Thomas Sowell

I have some sort of toe fungus. It hurts. This sucks.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

I'm currently recovering from the Bella Morte concert I went to last night. Fun times were had before, during, and after. :)

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

11-****ing-percent chance of snow on Thursday. IN FLORIDA!!!!! Suck it, Al Gore.

EDIT: That's not for my part of Florida. Fail.

Which one? The one on Oakland Park and US1 was incredible. I can't remeber the name but it was great.

It's called Chima. Its on Las Olas.

Edited by I want teh kotor 3
In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I know it happens in every relationship, but I really hate fighting with my significant other, because I hate it when she's sad or angry. :mellow:

I realised a while back that I have to accept fights will happen. Mainly because

a) I'm pretty insensitive

b) I date fiery women

c) I enjoy a good fight

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It's January and it was almost 70 degrees yesterday. Suck it in-denial anti-global warming peoples! :mellow:

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

It's January and it was almost 70 degrees yesterday. Suck it in-denial anti-global warming peoples! :mellow:

It's Florida, and it was barely 50 degres yesterday. Suck it in-denial global warming peoples! :sorcerer:

Weather does not equal climate. Suck it, everybody who tries to politicize the one remaining neutral topic of conversation available in this country! :mellow:

Not the last one. You're forgetting football. Speaking of which, how did the Giants make out today? :sorcerer:

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

I know it happens in every relationship, but I really hate fighting with my significant other, because I hate it when she's sad or angry. :)

I realised a while back that I have to accept fights will happen. Mainly because

a) I'm pretty insensitive

b) I date fiery women

c) I enjoy a good fight

I vote for A (I'm really insensitive) and B, but I only vote for C when it's anyone else. I enjoy a good fight, but not with her because I have a tendency to say things that really hurt when I'm angry.

I can only think of one reason that makes fighting with her worth it, because the cliche is true: make-up sex is great. :o

Actually I do know what you mean. I hate hurting people, and yeah fights sometimes hurt. I think I just like the honesty that often comes with anger. You don't know how much someone likes you until you've made them really really mad at you and they forgive you.

*ahem*

Continuing the theme I couldn't sleep last night, thinking about romance and true love etc. If you've seen the film Chasing Amy and know what I mean... you'll know what I mean. Woke up too late to do a proper day's work, so pottered around, doing admin and making New Year business calls to various people.

Tried to play some Dragon Age, but it keeps crashing. Maybe I need a new PC? :shifty:

Roads are too icy to run on, so I'm going to do some circuits around the house.

-Elwood Blues

Suck it, everybody who tries to politicize the one remaining neutral topic of conversation available in this country!

you need a sarcasm tag, badly, for this statement.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

The oil fragrance 'infusers' (sticks placed in the oil) are kinda cool...subtle scent in a room without having smoke/fire from candles. But on the other hand, you can't just blow the infuser out when you don't want the fragrance.

About one week after the official first day of winter, hubby told he that me thought he could already tell that the days were getting longer again. I guess to someone who hates the short hours of winter and counts the days until late Spring, 7 minutes more light is a lot? I never really notice until mid-Feb....

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Last month I made an offer to buy a small (2 acre) plot of land next to me. I heard nothing for months then today got a counter. It's wooded, isolated, has no hard road access or utility access unless I grant an easement, and to top it all of it's not even level (not by a long shot). I offered $9K, $4500 per acre. That is more than generous because lots without all of those issues are going for that price. The owner countered with $14K. He can go pound sand for that price. Oh well. Cold Creek runs along it's entire southern border and thats where I go fishing and I had a few ideas for that land.

Thomas Sowell

I spent some of my christmas-money and bought this:

000028985.jpg

Judging by the looks of it, it probably made out of the blood of a thousand virgin angels or something.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Most excellent Mes!

Thomas Sowell