What you did today

Gorth

I just got home from spending the afternoon and early evening with my parents and the in-laws. I don't think I'll eat for another day or so..

Now it's time to take advantage of all the people who received Modern Warfare 2 for Christmas!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Haven't been in this thread in a while. Happy Christmas to one and all. Hey, GD, maybe you can run for congress this upcoming year. You might have a chance. ;)

Heh, no thanks, I do NOT want to go through THAT again! :p

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Nearly got into a physical altercation with my brother due to his disrespect for me... I threatened to punch him, he threatend to snap my neck and leave me in the back yard... of course, he couldn't actually pull off such a feat but *shrugs*

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Spent the entire day sick in bed, it's weird because I haven't gotten ill in years. Forgot how much of a bitch it is swallowing with a soar throat. I'm passing the time watching the first three dvd seasons of House I got for christmas.

Edited by Syraxis

ugh horrible day at work so far today

but thankfully i finish in 20mins then get to go play with a 7 week old kitten and a fire rope

not at the same time obviously :)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Spent the entire day sick in bed, it's weird because I haven't gotten ill in years. Forgot how much of a bitch it is swallowing with a soar throat. I'm passing the time watching the first three dvd seasons of House I got for christmas.

Funny. I've had all the seasons on DVD for a while. I'm watching the first season again. It starts to go down hill in season 4 and then hits the skids in season five. Season six has some good things going, but a lot of crap also. We'll see. I'm not making the mistake of buying it when it hits the shelves this year.

Currently watching House Season One. After this, we'll watch the entire series of the Twilight Zone that I just received this Xmas.

Enjoying the last day of my US trip. Some good professional contacts made. Treated very warmly by all. Had only a coupleo f political discussions, which I sidestepped since I'm also a bit on holiday.

Not looking forward to going back to bad food. Looking forward enormously to going back to a country which drinks for fun.

Don't think I'll have time for meets in Chicago, due to elevated security checks.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Enjoying the last day of my US trip. Some good professional contacts made. Treated very warmly by all. Had only a coupleo f political discussions, which I sidestepped since I'm also a bit on holiday.

Not looking forward to going back to bad food. Looking forward enormously to going back to a country which drinks for fun.

Don't think I'll have time for meets in Chicago, due to elevated security checks.

Man tea and drugs are awesome. I just wrote this incredible entry about our exploits if you came to vegas but decided to edit it out becuase it was a little hardcore.

Tomorrow I see Avatar with this girl I like. Hopefully all goes well.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Played 24 consecutive hours of Smash Brothers, ate, saw Avatar again, played more Smash Brothers. All in all, a good day and a half.

Looking forward enormously to going back to a country which drinks for fun.

:po:)

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Christmas was nice. She stayed at my place until Sunday morning. Bowing to the advice of folks here and the little voice in the back of my head I kept the Tiffanys thing hidden and hit the Germantown mall on Thursday for a few gifts that were nice but not so....much. It may make a reappearence on Valentines day depending on how things work out. Then again i may just return it. You can buy a lot of beer and dog food for what that thing costs.

I'm off work for the rest of the year and it is a clear and beautiful day so I'm going to take a walk over to Cold Creek and do some fishing. I'm bringing my camera this time, maybe I'll finally get a shot of that otter that only shows up when you don't bring a camera.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I think if I could talk to Morgan Freeman, he could tell me the secret to extended youth. I swear...he's 72 and beyond the grey hair, only recently started to seem like he's truly aging. Some folk have all the luck.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Morgan Freeman has tapped into the power of Awesome. That's what.

Today one of the buddhist monk guys took me to see a chiropractor. I've never had it done before and when he bashed my neck I swear to God I nearly jumped up, shouting "OH SO IT'S A FIGHT YOU WANT, IS IT?"

I feel really weird now, and I think one of my eyes isn't tracking at normal speed.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'd really like to gauge my eyes out right now.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Went to a local jazz club, where I had a gin gimlet with hazelnuts in it. Not as mad as it sounds, in fact.

Afterwards had far more srprising argument with my host about the nature of press responsibility and the fact that witnesses on the abortive bombing flight are talking to the media. FFS we don't need to know who they saw or didn't see at this stage in the investigation. We deserve an insight into the failures in a fortnight's time. Not while FBI and CIA agents are trying to chase up leads!

Madness.

Am now drinking Sierra Nevada christmas ale.

-Elwood Blues

I spent half the afternoon and the evening lying on the couch and watching my husband play Borderlands. Occasionally calling out help and directions here and there. It's almost as fun watching him get all panicked/running around as it was playing myself.

Vacations & lazy days...I love them.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I spent half the afternoon and the evening lying on the couch and watching my husband play Borderlands. Occasionally calling out help and directions here and there. It's almost as fun watching him get all panicked/running around as it was playing myself.

Vacations & lazy days...I love them.

Man I hope I get a wife who is either a spur to really hunting the badlands, or is happy to sit on the couch shouting encouragement. :)

-Elwood Blues

Went to avatar with girl. It was sold out so we saw sherlock holmes instead. I actually enjoyed the movie however the night was pretty much a waste. I'm pretty certain she is no longer interested in me whatsoever, at least romantically. First she was late 10 minutes which doesn't really bother me and then when I was walking her to her car afterward I did the whole "well I had a good time, etc etc sorry for fault, etc lets do this again" and her response was just a cool semi withdrawn "cool see ya" type thing and then I initiated hug and got one limp arm. I suppose that's just how it is, can't force something that isn't there.

Like my will to live. zing. Well school begins anew very soon, I suppose I will have to keep a look out.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.