What you did today

Gorth

Looks like it will be a white Christmas this year. I just heard the weather for West Tenn. light rain and falling temps for today and tomorrow and snow flurries on Friday. Since a certain good looking blonde nurse will be spending Christmas with me this year I had to by one more christmas present. So I went to Tiffanys website and made a last minute buy and had it sent overnight. It got here today. And no it is not an engagement ring. Been there, done that.

So, here is the dilemma. I don't know where things are going with this girl. We dated for a few months after the accident and she really helped me with a lot of the BS I was going through back then. But, we also had some fundamental personality conflicts. We just sort of got back together a week ago. I wanted to get her something nice but not too suggestive so I settled on this: http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?...n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

Is this ok? Does it send the wrong message? It seems pretty neutral to me but I gurantee she will have experts in male psychology from all over the world analyzing what I meant by it. The irony is it meant nothing.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

woah man, that's a bit fancy

you just slept with her, it's not like you're going out with her again - right?

She was not just a one nighter because we have history. Plus after talking the past few days we're going to give it another try but take it slow. Was that too much? I can still hit a mall somwhere tomorrow and just hold on to that. Jeez, it would have been a hell of a lot less complicated had I just not taken her to lunch!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Gag gifts can be fun, Red lady, but just on the safe side you should also get him a real one as well.

Oh I will...not doing so wouldn't be funny, that'd just be mean. :)

He mentioned the Makita...guess I can look at them. To me they're all just...y'know...tools. :p

Is this ok? Does it send the wrong message? It seems pretty neutral to me but I gurantee she will have experts in male psychology from all over the world analyzing what I meant by it. The irony is it meant nothing.

I'm as far removed from a romance/gift expert as you can get, but to me that seems a bit much for the situation. Especially if it comes in a Tiffany box. :(

Design wise, it's fine...but price wise it seems a bit high. Not that you'd tell her the price, I assume, but if she knows the store it came from she could find out. I dunno...it'd probably make me a little uncomfy because of that.

Then again, like I said, I'm not a gift expert. Maybe that's normal these days. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

She was not just a one nighter because we have history. Plus after talking the past few days we're going to give it another try but take it slow. Was that too much? I can still hit a mall somwhere tomorrow and just hold on to that. Jeez, it would have been a hell of a lot less complicated had I just not taken her to lunch!

just seems a bit full on considering you're only gonna be taking it slow

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

why not just woo her with a nice candle lit dinner with a beautiful boxed wine and then hot sex.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Looks like it will be a white Christmas this year. I just heard the weather for West Tenn. light rain and falling temps for today and tomorrow and snow flurries on Friday. Since a certain good looking blonde nurse will be spending Christmas with me this year I had to by one more christmas present. So I went to Tiffanys website and made a last minute buy and had it sent overnight. It got here today. And no it is not an engagement ring. Been there, done that.

So, here is the dilemma. I don't know where things are going with this girl. We dated for a few months after the accident and she really helped me with a lot of the BS I was going through back then. But, we also had some fundamental personality conflicts. We just sort of got back together a week ago. I wanted to get her something nice but not too suggestive so I settled on this: http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?...n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

Hmm, that is pretty fancy. The item and design itself aren't too serious, but going through Tiffany's is big time in my eyes. I mean if you'd bought it at Macy's for a hundred bucks it'd be no big deal, but Tiffany's is pretty high end.

Just my initial impression, otherwise it is a very nice gift, You could probably phrase it to be more of a friendship gift, like saying thanks for helping you through a rough time in your life.

Crappy day... Viva dest... Oh well, 48 hour Mass Effect marathon= initiating forthwith...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Not sure how helpful my perspective would be given the age gap GD, but on the back of Hurlshot I'd say it does seem a bit too fancy. If you think she might be the sort to get the wrong message (i.e. 80% of all women), maybe hold on to it.

Crappy day... Viva dest... Oh well, 48 hour Mass Effect marathon= initiating forthwith...

And now, on top of everything else, my beloved mass effect disk died. :skull::ermm: :ermm: :(:verymad::aiee::nuke:

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Just my initial impression, otherwise it is a very nice gift, You could probably phrase it to be more of a friendship gift, like saying thanks for helping you through a rough time in your life.

keep in mind, hurlshot is probably on some very serious drugs right now. :ermm:

it does seem like more than just a "thank you," however.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Ugh. What a ****ty shift at work. Usually, on a good day, we do about 130-150K in sales. Today we did nearly a quarter of a million. At least I was never bored.

edit:Happy Festivus!!

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Make sure you got a real sure thing going with her before you blow 600 bucks man!!

keep in mind, hurlshot is probably on some very serious drugs right now. :lol:

it does seem like more than just a "thank you," however.

taks

:thumbsup:

These drugs are pretty great.

My mum gave us a bit o' money...a kind of early, partial inheritance I guess...which on the one hand is cool, but on the other hand is kinda melancholy because it came from one of my dad's IRA's that he'd created for us kids...one he'd made very early when he first was diagnosed with MS and worried about his young kids futures if he died early. Luckily, he didn't...so in the end, the happy and the sad...it all balanced out.

Life definitely has a balance to it. And it's all so interesting.

Happy Holidays, everyone.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I killed presents, they dropped mostly greens, one unique to be DE'ed and a pair of epix.

<3 new graphics card and batman the animated series season 4

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Merry Christmas everyone

Thomas Sowell

Great day so far, have not done anything, watched my son open presents this morning "This is just what I wanted" for every gift. Drinking my first beer in months, my wife loves the Bud Light Lime so I am stuck drinking that oh well still tastes good with lots of lime and salt. Watching the Chargers take apart the titans, also cooking a Honey Baked Ham that has taken 3 hours, gonna serve it with stuffing, Au Gratin potatoes, salad, and cranberries. Just love to cook. Mmmmmmmmmm

Merry Christmas to all.

Edited by Kelverin