What you did today

Gorth

Well, I worked a shift today, have to go back tommarow. I had two customers I wanted to beat...

One decided to pick her kids up a 360, two games, and a second controller, ok, not a big deal... but the kids want me to find the case without putting in any effort (it's in a dump bin with about 400 other game cases). THEN they decide as the credit is being authroized they want to trade in some wii games to add to chop the price down a bit, so I have to do ANOTHER transaction, but I have to do yet another simply because I can't do a return and a trade in at the same time... overall these two kids and their mother took about 30 minutes of my register with the line going to the back of the store and vasslated between four positions.

Then the other had purchased 6 games 10 days ago. There is a grace period for the christmas gifts of used that means that the 7 day satisfaction guarantee starts on december 26. But this lady's kid had played the games, and didn't like three of em so they brought them into return them. The games had been purchased on a buy two, get one free sale, and thus I had to do probably 15 minutes of work to get the stupid thing to go through AFTER fighting with another co-worker about when the 7 days worked (on reflection I should have said "can't do it now, it's for christmas gifts, and obviously this isn't a chirstmas gift, the 7 days is right after the purchase and the week after the 26th).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Stupidly dangerous thing I did today:

We'll be flying to Cali to visit the in-laws for x-mas tomorrow. I've become increasingly worried about how the roof is going to handle the large mass of snow sitting on it, melting slowly (and refreezing every night). The slate roof in the front and the high part of the roof over the bedroom (asphalt roll-roofing) are beyond my help-- I'd have to have a death wish to go climbing up there. But I can do something about the relatively flat metal roof over the sun porch on the back of the house. So after work tonight (and after dark), I climb out the bedroom window onto the sun porch roof (which also handles half the moisture from the high part of the roof) and shovel the snow off. I had my 'good traction' boots on, but it did get quite slushy after I had removed most of the snow from an area. The neighbors must have seriously thought I was crazy, but I got it done.

Also, best wishes for a speedy recovery, Hurlie!

Also, best wishes for a speedy recovery, Hurlie!

keep this roof nonsense up and you'll be joining him in a wheelchair.

ooh, i see a CRIPPLE FIGHT in the future! :)

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I went on a semi-date with this girl from one of my accounting classes. All in all it was kind of bad. We got coffee and talked for like an hour or so which was actually going pretty good until this family sat down like 2 feet away from us and started eating mcdonalds, so I thought we'd go to a nearby bestbuy to get away but at that point things were kind of awkward since I'm a horrible conversationalist and I think she was tired of trying to save me. It was crazy in the store and we didn't really talk after that and then there was this awkward good bye in the parking lot and I didn't even give her a hug or anything. I just don't know anymore. I'm so depressed.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I went on a semi-date with this girl from one of my accounting classes. All in all it was kind of bad. We got coffee and talked for like an hour or so which was actually going pretty good until this family sat down like 2 feet away from us and started eating mcdonalds, so I thought we'd go to a nearby bestbuy to get away but at that point things were kind of awkward since I'm a horrible conversationalist and I think she was tired of trying to save me. It was crazy in the store and we didn't really talk after that and then there was this awkward good bye in the parking lot and I didn't even give her a hug or anything. I just don't know anymore. I'm so depressed.

You might not appreciate nerd advice but maybe suggest she go home with you and play call of duty, I mean I know some girls that dig that game :*

Why not tell her more or less what you said here? Like things didn't go quite as intended and the outside interuptions made you nervous. How about a second date and invite her to the movies or some such. Remember to bring a box of filled chocolates.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Why not tell her more or less what you said here? Like things didn't go quite as intended and the outside interuptions made you nervous. How about a second date and invite her to the movies or some such. Remember to bring a box of filled chocolates.

yeah I ended up apologizing and she played coy about the awkwardness, either way crisis was averted and we started texting back and forth about stuff for a while and i'll probably ask her out real soon but this time actually plan it out. Now I need to sleep. I have doctors appointment early becuase I'm like half deaf in my left ear and I slept like 3 hours last night.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

yeah I ended up apologizing and she played coy about the awkwardness, either way crisis was averted and we started texting back and forth about stuff for a while and i'll probably ask her out real soon but this time actually plan it out. Now I need to sleep. I have doctors appointment early becuase I'm like half deaf in my left ear and I slept like 3 hours last night.

this made me smile :*

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Holidays, families, spouses.....I'm a mean one, Mrs. Grinch.

Unrelated: hubby was helping to put up a curtain rod when he said "I deserve a cordless drill." I, of course, said "So go buy one."

To which he replied that I should know he's too cheap to make himself buy a really good one, and since I'm not as adverse to spending a little more, that I should go shopping and get him one for Xmas. Since it all comes from the same bank account+I know nothing about tools myself, I found this really amusing. Then an acquaintance suggested I should buy hubby a Fisher Price drill, which was even more amusing.

So much so, that I just might do it. :*

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Today is the last day of work until 4 Jan (and we will be getting off early) and I got a kickass bonus from work (even though the boss hasnt gone through the ceremony of handing us each an envelope yet, I already checked online). WOOHOO! Gonna stop on the way home and get Mrs. Gfted1 a little something extra since shes a real swell gal and then Im going to get hammered on a free bottle of Jack I got for my birthday.

WOOHOO! Gonna stop on the way home and get Mrs. Gfted1 a little something extra since shes a real swell gal

KY Intense. i've read good reviews.

and then Im going to get hammered on a free bottle of Jack I got for my birthday.

sounds like a perfect plan.

taks

Gag gifts can be fun, Red lady, but just on the safe side you should also get him a real one as well. Black and Decker is a really good brand and last I checked have a lifetime warranty. Sears tend to have them in stock, but any reputable hardware store should have one or know where to get one.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

So I went to the doctor today for the ear thing and I'm really glad I did. They flushed my ear out and this gnarly and ominously massive piece of wax came out and now I can hear pretty well though it still feels a little weird.

I feel like such a freakin idiot tho, I've lived in agony and constant fear (of death and social anxiety) for a good portion of the last decade and within 5 seconds I now have 2 prescriptions and a follow up for various testing. I've heard getting prescription medication is easy but sweet jesus I said half a sentence and now I can pick up my paxil in 2 hours. Can't wait to enjoy my slice of modern medicine.

In an hour I'll be starting my last shift before I get five or six days off for Christmas. I'm glad, because work has been an absolute bitch the last few days. As I like to say, 'there's no stupid questions, just stupid people'.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Can't wait to enjoy my slice of modern medicine.

i certainly did not enjoy it when i was on zoloft. got rid of the anxiety, for the most part, but totally sucked otherwise. now i'm drug free and anxiety free (for the most part) and much happier overall. unfortunately, withdrawal from zoloft caused tinnitus, which has yet to disappear (over a year now). "it's ringing in my ears" sung to the tune of "singing in the rain."

taks

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to do christmas shopping. I might be postponing it this year a bit.

Still not done? I hit Amazon for everything this year. I had it all delivered gift wrapped to it's recipient. Not real personal I know but by God it was easy. You should get a pass this year though, not like it's easy for you to get around right now.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Had the worst day in a while.

Started off with me scraping the front of my car and destroying the light I just had installed last week. Then I worked christmas retail at gamestop for 6 hours, then came back home and nearly got hit, and then run off the road by a granny in a carrolla..

I just wanna hit something right now.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.