Hey, it's a new AP blog!

Check it!

Sorry it took so long to get this one up; I had a little vacay-shun in between the last one and this one. This time around, we have our Audio Producer, Mikey Dowling, tell us all about the process of taking a script and making it into an interactive cinematic sequence. Enjoy!

Matthew Rorie

image005.png

Holy crap!

:grin:

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I love how these conversations look so much more complicated than Mass Effect's.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Right at the start, in the upper left part of the flowchart, there are what seem to be pairs of dialogue options that lead to one reply, each. What's the difference in outcome between these options?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'm betting a small boost to influence/whatever other number they use for relations with NPCs at best, otherwise something it might be story related, like getting an advantage for later levels that they don't display on that dialogue tree.

It's not like they can reveal the story now. :grin:

image005.png

Holy crap!

:(

I think that

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That would change nothing for me. I'm still going to want a banging option.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Wow, those animators are just... awful.

EDIT: That mute chick is hot. >_<

In the video of course.

They might not be funny, but the lady was kinda cute.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: