Oh Look There

Pop

They don't seem to be on the original site anymore, but we got some in-Onyx shots of environments from Aliens: Crucible, as well as what appears to be a visual design document.

aliens04.jpg

aliens05.jpg

aliens06.jpg

aliens08.jpg

aliens09.jpg

aliens02.jpg

aliens01t.jpg

Naming an area "Roanoke" was certainly a nice touch.

Edited by Pop

Looks... kinda bad to be honest. Maybe I've just been spoiled by Dead Space.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Still so disappointed that this was cancelled. Could've been a really interesting RPG, bleh.

Anyways, shots don't look amazing from a technical standpoint but the lighting is really nice. That and the architecture are definitely evocative of the movies.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Still so disappointed that this was cancelled. Could've been a really interesting RPG, bleh.

Anyways, shots don't look amazing from a technical standpoint but the lighting is really nice. That and the architecture are definitely evocative of the movies.

I'd have to imagine that the engine was in a pre-alpha state, so on a lot of the objects noticeably lack anti-aliasing. The lighting is very good, as you said. I bet it would have looked nice at the end of it.

Graphics don't look anything special, but they are old and 'work in progress', so fair enough. I'd also imagine lighting had a big part.

I wonder how Onyx will look in the next Obsid game to use it though.

looks like an aliens game. color me disappointed as hell it got canceled

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I seriously do not see the point in making an Aliens RPG. Wasn't Aliens some terrible sci-fi action movie that tried too hard to be horror?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

But it's such a generic setting. :grin:

But it's such a generic setting. >_<

Maybe we are thinking of "generic setting" differently, but to me it seems there's nothing generic about the setting(s) of the first 2 movies.

The seetings are somewhat limited (we don't know much about the world beyond the movie, although we are given some clues in both of the films), but the settings as used in the films is hardly generic. Geiger's work alone in the first film is about 180 degree opposite of generic.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

But it's such a generic setting. :(
No. It's just that it became such a cult icon that its influence has been felt in sci-fi/horror works ever since.

"In space no one can hear you scream"

It's "genre-defining", rather than generic.

Shame about the game.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.