Volournian Ideal DA2 Vaguely (minor DA1 soilers)

Volourn

My ideal sequel for DA is probably too expansive for BIo to even attempt thoguh I wish they would. I don't think BIO has the inlincation to do what my ideal D2 would be. It's wishful thinking.

1. It would START with a new PC, and have various origins just as in DA1.

2. Depending on your choices in DA1, and early on in DA2, you'd have the potential to meet and even recruit your DA1 PC - due to my planned plot, this would be possible for story reasons even if your PC

sacrificed himself

in DA1.

3.Depending on choices in the game, there might actually be a potential for the DA2 main PC to die, and you would continue to play with the DA1 PC as your 'main'.

4. It would be set 25 years after the end of DA1.

5. Planned Origins: Dwarf Noble, Dwarf Commoner, Dwarf Citizen (other dwarf city, can't recall name), City Elf, dalish Elf, Tower Mage, Outcast Mage, Human Noble, and 3 origins for the other countries (I think they are Tevinter, Sten's, and Zevran's).

6. Returning Characters From DA1 That Are Party Recruitable: Sten, Leliana, Shale/Ogrhren (BUT AS A GOLEM FOR STORY REASONS!, only one or the other)& Morrigan.

7. Morrigan's

Blood Ritual Baby (no longer a baby though, obviously)

would play a huge role in the game.

8. The last two archdemons would make appearances.

9.The last encounter could be one of 6 different possibilities.

10. Rogue would be cut, and there' just be Warrior & Mage classes.

11. Some New Specializations: Grey Warden, Runemaster (dwarf only), Nature Magist (elf only), Tower Mage

12. There'd be a 3rd line of classes, but this would not only require certain class combinations, and stats, but would not be easy to get.

Example: Melicar (or whatever those really evil mages are called). You would need to be a Tower Mage who gets the Blood Mage specialziation AND betrays your tower in order to minimally qualify for it.

So, it looks like this: Mage = Tower Mage + Blood Mage = Melicar

13. Major side quests would include a (potential) war between the two remaining dwarf cities, dalish elves rediscovering their old magics (hence Nature Magist), &really getting down and dirty learning ALL the real nasty grey Waden secretes, and boy, some of them are NASTYYYYYYYYYY.

14. Major quests would include the two archdemons, dealing with the aftermath of

Morrigan's Blood Ritual

, Learning What Happened To the PC Grey Warden from DA1.

15. DA2 main PC would NOt have to be a GW but with it being added as a specialization plus some story specific stuff that's cool for them, they'd definitely be worthy of choosing.

16. New Monsters are: Darkspawn (Troll, Blood Wyvern), Giants (various types)

17. New talents, and skills of course. Also, rogue stuff would be shared/split up between the two remaining classes.

18. Major choices in DA that would effect DA2 in some way (usually major):

Dwarven King + Anvil, PC sacrificed/did not sacrifice himself, Feraldin throne situation, any romances (even though Zevran isn't in DA2, a romance with him has interesting story to be told in the game so those people won't be left out), Morrigan Blood Ritual choice, & The Urn.

19. The Epic Finale sets up DA3 nicely with a potential for THAT sequel to seque into the mystery of the Black City, and the Maker Myth.

20. Potential DA2 New Recruitable NPCs: A Demon, Dog (human)/Deep Road Ox - whatever it is called (Dwarf)/Fancy Dalish Deer (elf), Tevinter Mage, and more...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Excellent ideas, Volo. ;(

On top of that, however, I would like to see the Barbiaran & Human Commoner origins that Bio unfortunately seemed to have axed in DA1. Especially barbarian, as going all Conan the Destroyer as a Chasind or an Ash Warrior would be a riot. What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

Exploration of teh Maker myth/Black City would make for an epic finish for DA3. And thanks to not being pigeon holed into kowtowing to the needs of an external license (i.e. D&D), we'd be able to actually have an opportunity to usurp godhood rather than merely being teased with the idea (ala Mask of the Betrayer).

And a Beast Handler specialization would be awesome. It should make your Mabari dog/Halla deer/Dwarf bunny-pig more uber...and perhaps even offer synergy combos between Handler and Animal. Spell synergy was cool, and I'd like to see that combo system extend to other classes as well.

manthing2.jpg

Morrigan's Blood Ritual Baby (no longer a baby though, obviously)

would play a huge role in the game.

At least on paper, the

offspring

sounds like a good bet for tying the two games together. Would be nice if it was set completely in a different part of the game world though, Orlais, Antiva or whatever. Something completely not figuring darkspawn at all would be nice ;(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Some interesting ideas you have. I like the new class ideas alot.

Although I'm not completely sure I wouldn't prefer a completely new story set in the world of Thedas. I for one think the world they created is pretty interesting.

Hey, I warned people this would be a spoiler thread. One should only read this thread if they beat DA1 since it's about an (unlikely) potential DA2. It's not like I went into a random unspoilery thread to ninja spoil people. This trhead is about disucsisng stuff for DA which, obviously, includes DA1 spoilers....

"Would be nice if it was set completely in a different part of the game world though, Orlais, Antiva or whatever. Something completely not figuring darkspawn at all would be nice"

My ideal plan would have most of Thedas avvailable on the world map but only the major places highlighted. In fact, if it could be manage, have it set so you could potentially complete the game as a dwarf never reaching the surface, or a surface never heaidng below... But, that won't happen, as no company has the ballz to give that kind of freedom, and have potential areas completely skipped over.

"the Barbiaran Origin"

Yeha, that could work. Don't want too many human oriented ones though as they already have the 3 non Feraldin, feraldin Noble, and 2 mage ones.

"Although I'm not completely sure I wouldn't prefer a completely new story set in the world of Thedas. I for one think the world they created is pretty interesting. "

Oh, i wouldn't mind a whole new story too; but I think for a direct sequel, the current DA should continue so we can see how C&C from DA1 continues, and keeps the arc going.

If they plan to continue the whole DA thing, though, surely they could do other stories. Afterall, eventually, our DA1 PC will be super silly powerful to make any potential challenge either non existent or into the realm of absolute cheese.

Edited by Volourn

"Would be nice if it was set completely in a different part of the game world though, Orlais, Antiva or whatever. Something completely not figuring darkspawn at all would be nice"

My ideal plan would have most of Thedas avvailable on the world map but only the major places highlighted. In fact, if it could be manage, have it set so you could potentially complete the game as a dwarf never reaching the surface, or a surface never heaidng below... But, that won't happen, as no company has the ballz to give that kind of freedom, and have potential areas completely skipped over.

I guess there are pros and cons for having most of Thedas on the map. Sometimes larger is better, but I liked the focus on a select part of the world. I keep imagining Ferelden as what celtic Brittany might have been without being occupied by the French (Orlesians). That is, without magic, darkspawn and other fantasy elements. If other parts if Thedas were given a similar treatment... as the names on the map suggests, it seems losely based on real world cultures.

The main "villain" was probably the single most uninteresting aspect of the game though (imnsho). It felt like that not very compelling reason that forces your hand to go to the four planets potential allies and gather the pieces of the star map armies that enables you to go to the final encounter :aiee:

Hence, it's on my wishlist to see them elaborate on the political intrigues, corruption, religious conflicts, cabals of maleficar, assassinations and treason that made up the "fun" parts of the game. Lets have much more of that :)

Not much point in guessing/wishing for particulars of origins/classes/skills etc. without having the context in place first (unless we assume it isn't too different from Ferelden).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I would personally prefer a more personal story about the PC rather then another save the world story. With the Origin's being what you decided to do at the end of DA. Spoilers

Origin Chancellor

(When you decide to stay in Denerim)

Origin Warden

(Rebuilding the Wardens in Ferelden)

Origin Adventure

(When you choose to leave immediately)

Origin Search

(If the MPC can't take being dumped, or Alistair can't handle having a child out there)

Then 2 other origin choices that can only be chosen based on race that tie into the previous 4:

Origin Elf

Origin Dwarf

Then 2 sub origin choices that change parts of the base 6.

Origin Noble

(Origin Chancellor, can change into King/Queen)

Origin Maleficar (Requires Blood Mage specialization, Origin Adventure/Origin Search/Origin Elf)

The game itself is set in Orlais(which is heavily hinted at in DA) and Tevinter. It's a more personal story, with the beginning arc being the blood ritual caused the taint inside the participating warden to accelerate it's process, giving the warden years instead of decades. They find out from a former Warden, that there is indeed a way to cure yourself of the taint(from the DA books) and the warden/Alistair set off to find it. The level cap is raised to 40.

Of course this assume that players chooses to participate in the blood ritual, but I think the sacrifice ending will be ignored much like the king of shadows ending in NWN2 for the sake of any continuing story of DA, whether or not the PC is continued.

If they don't continue with the Warden, the main thing I want to see is a full Maleficar Origin and the only thing I don't want to see,

is the PC as the god child.

:aiee:

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

As long as there is lots of fighting, in tunnels, I could care less.

Big thumbs up for barbarian (Chasind / Ash Warrior) origin. Fighting in tunnels, savagely, is even better.

Think about it, a post-blight Korcari wilds, like a PA fantasy game with tribes struggling to survive. Cool.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Cool ideas, but regardless of some new bells & whistles (new classes, another part of Thedas) it'll probably be something like this:

DA2:

flash forward 200 years in the future, cue Blight #6

DA3:

flash forward another 200 years in the future, cue Blight #7

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I think most interesting new plotline would involve a war between the two Chantries. But that would probably be too complex for BioWare. They like to focus on their ancient evil thingie.

Still, I'd like to be surprised.

Something concerning a Qunari invasion is probably a bit too near in the future as well.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Cool ideas, but regardless of some new bells & whistles (new classes, another part of Thedas) it'll probably be something like this:

DA2:

flash forward 200 years in the future, cue Blight #6

DA3:

flash forward another 200 years in the future, cue Blight #7

Actually DG said if the was a sequel it wouldn't be about another blight. It also would not make sense to move the story too far ahead, because it would no longer be the dragon age.

I also would like a more personal story as I find those types of adventures more entertaining.

Yep DA:MOTB would please me, however no killing all the companions with rocks thank you.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I hope we're not limited to just one nation like DA1. And, I'd love to see the darkspawn play some sort of role even if there is no blight. DA:O's story could often be very personal, too.

"I think most interesting new plotline would involve a war between the two Chantries. But that would probably be too complex for BioWare."

How is that complex? Sounds rather simple, and boring to me. Just like Orlais 'invading' Feralden. A complex happening would be a '3 way war' between Orlais, Feraldin, and Tevinter while a duo blight is going on which occured because of SPOILER having an unforseen cost while the PC also has to deal SPOILER who is at the cusp of changing the world for better or the worse largely dependent on choices the PC makes...

P.S. the one blight per game sounds super dull.

For the next DA I wish that they make Denerim more crowded in the sense that there are more quests to do. It would also be nice to go a bit deeper into the lore of elves, and the struggle with their human enslavers. There's some serious drama that can be exploited.

Definitely. The undercurrent of racial subjugation was addressed in The Witcher. I'd like to see it expanded upon in the DA universe.

manthing2.jpg

1) Horses and climbing

2) RPG, not just mindless grinding

3) The possibility to turn off the permanent in-built cheat-mode - i.e the insta-heals and insta-rezz

4) Replace the endless chests full of useless vendor trash with the *occasional* interesting treasure

5) No more traps, unless they kill you - dead - permanently. The rogue's hand should be trembling.

6) More zoom out

7) Full custom party, no forced companions

J.

anyone else think the real DA2 will feature the pc as the bloodritualbaby?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

" No more traps, unless they kill you - dead - permanently. The rogue's hand should be trembling."

This doesn't make sense? A trianed rogue shouldn't be termebling when doing this, and if he is he should get major negatives. And, non lethal traps are logical.

" anyone else think the real DA2 will feature the pc as the bloodritualbaby?"

I hope not. I'd rather it be a joinable npc that you cna hevay influence determining its effect on the world espiically if you happen to be the actual daddy.

Edited by Volourn

its funny thats exactly why i thought they were gonna do it. "spiritual successor to baldurs gate" = rehashing same storyline

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.