Any other way to stop TSLRCM unhandled error?

Guest The Architect

Guest The Architect

I just tried installing the mod with WinRAR and basically this "unhandled exception/unhandled error" crap keeps coming up not even 5 seconds into the installation of the mod and so it stops and fails and decides to be a wanker, so I look around on the net and find out that if you change "PlaintextLog=0" to "PlaintextLog=1" on TSL patchers changes.ini file and try installing the mod again, it'll work, but the only problem is, it won't let me save the changes and it just keeps going back to =0 because WinRAR shows a diagnostic message saying it can't create some rar crap and basically it won't change to =1 on the .ini file, so I'm pretty much screwed, right?

Trust me it's on run as admin, I did the other "read-only" thing and put the mod in the override folder, as instructed, but I just can't change that plaintextlog number. I even tried creating a replica of the file and doing it and it still failed. Why does WinRAR hate me?

Is there any other way to stop this error from happening?

Guest The Architect

I tried whacking it with a stick, but it didn't work, but then again, the stick was quite small, so if I use my ah.. stick instead... ;)

Exactly the same problem occurred with WinACE. Once again I couldn't change the plain text data on the change.ini file, so I tried 7Zip as well, and that program said it can't even find the changes.ini file, even though it's in the patcher file, so I couldn't even open the page to try installing the mod with that.

If someone can figure out how I can change the plain text number in the changes.ini file and not change it, save it, then open it up and it goes back to 0, like it did this time with WinACE, then I will make your babies beautiful... even if I have to shack up with your horse of a girlfriend to do so.

I don't play PC so I'm no expert, but it seems to me that you should try extracting first.

And this thread is hilarious.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Guest The Architect

It doesn't let me extract anything.

Basically what happens is, "Cannot create specified folder blah blah blah I hate you you **** stop trying to install me I don't like you **** off leave me alone go feed your dingos you wanker."

I could try creating a new folder and trying the extract again, but I know I'll still be stuck with the changes.ini problem.

If it has problems on every extractionprogram, I think that's the most likely possibility.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Guest The Architect

Don't worry guys, I'm just a ****wit. You see, I never tried extracting the files somewhere other than the override folder, so when I tried that, the extraction worked, and the mod installed, with 457 piss weak nonexistent (don't speak too soon mother****er) warnings to go with it, and I did this a few days ago and have been playing the game and it's been great so far. Up to Dxun, the second planet I go to, after Nar Shaddaa. The only complaint, albeit minor, I have with the mod, is that they changed the music for the scenes at Atris' polar bear inhabiting academy that melts shortly after the game due to global warming, caused by vast quantities of fail emissions emitted by all the corpses that won't be coming back any time soon as Force ghosts to talk ****. But I just turned the music off for that part - problem solved.

Edited by The Architect

You also posted this at deadlystream, no? 457 errors sound familiar after all.

Also; since you complain about the musicclash, I think you haven't installed any of the patches. They fix quite a load of issues, so I would suggest getting them (you need all in order).

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Guest The Architect

Yeah that was me, figured I should ask the people at the forums who made the mod, since I wasn't getting anywhere.

Sure thing, but will the patches not be compatible with my current play-through that I began without the patches? I'll find out one way or another anyway.

Edited by The Architect

You can just use them on a game in progress (unless you're on Malachor, but it doesn't sound like you are)...

^