Legal drugs in Mexico

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I have to say I recently got picked a copy of a very similar article recently to look at. It seemed to go under the radar at the time. I agree it's a good idea. Needs to go further, in my opinion, with addicts everywhere given totally free access to their drug of choice. The addicts probably get shafted under my plan, but they stop committing crime, and their criminal 'bosses' lose 80% of their revenue. Then we cut funding to our enemies worldwide, and countries like Mexcio, Brazil, Afghanistan and Colombia get a much needed break in their struggle against corruption and criminal violence.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

If they don't have to steal your **** to support their habit who cares what they do.

I do. Because I don't want to be bothered by drug addicts on the open streets, bars and wherever else.

How decadent must you be to allow legalizing hard drugs? Come on.... Why not legalizing guns to kids? Who cares huh?

Edited by Morgoth

If they don't have to steal your **** to support their habit who cares what they do.

I do. Because I don't want to be bothered by drug addicts on the open streets, bars and wherever else.

How decadent must you be to allow legalizing hard drugs? Come on.... Why not legalizing guns to kids? Who cares huh?

...Because banning them means no drug addicts, doesn't it?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Tue Apr 28, 2009

Late to the party much?

SMH

I recently read about it in the newspaper, so I assume the "issue" is still relevant.

Sounds like a good(ish) idea to me. Sure, it gets rid of the drug lords but at some point you have to limit drugs like these.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The point at which I changed my mind was when a friend's father, who worked in the prison service pionted out that we can't stop people in maximum security prisons from getting drugs. What hope do we have of stopping regular people from getting them? They're too small, too easy to hide, and too valuable (so long as they are illlegal). For christ's sake, a hit of heroin now costs less than a pint of beer!

-Elwood Blues

Ah Wals, Queen love you, but youre a nut. How do you think these "free drugs" are paid for? Ill tell you, by the law abiding taxpayers. I know youve never seen a social problem that cant be cured by throwing all laws out the window and having the general citizenry shoulder the load, but me paying for your (not you) drug addiction is not the answer.

...Because banning them means no drug addicts, doesn't it?

Think how many losers would be inclined to take advantage of this? This could easily escalate into a huge healthcare problem.

Yes, it's very cheap to give people free drugs. You realize now you have to provide total support for a completely dysfunctional human being, who can't hold a job or function in society. Drugs used to be legal, they were doing so much damage they had to be criminalized.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Pure heroine or coke is a lot less dangerous long term than street stuff laced with who knows what, but sure yes, there are health implications. It's the balance sheet you have to consider, making drug lords and terrorists have to go look for real jobs, freeing up immeasurable police resources to go after real crimes.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

You don't know that. Besides I thought you Americans were in love with the concept of freedom. That's what this is.
Freedom is not the same thing as anarchy. A society must regulate itself in some ways, freedom isn't possible among chaos.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan