Vampire: The Masquerade

alanschu

It would be but OTOH I am not holding my breath. I am looking forward to the WoD MMORPG however.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

**** vampires in every form of fiction

The vampires of fiction are HIGHLY more entertaining then those of reality. Perhaps not as interesting however.

World of Darkness News

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

I am looking forward to the WoD MMORPG however.

Who would have ever guessed that? :wowey:

Anyways, I think that there's a few good vampire stories out there - although I will agree that the majority is rubbish. :lol:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I'm getting sick of vampires.

Whats so cool about monsters that combust in sunlight, can be killed by wooden stakes, have garlic allergies and are totally ineffective for half the day. There is a reason they hide. They would be annihilated by humans. :skull:

Werewolves FTW!

Whats so cool about monsters that combust in sunlight, can be killed by wooden stakes, have garlic allergies and are totally ineffective for half the day.

All of those depend on your mythos - hell, even Dracula only used one, maybe two of those and it's often cited as the base of most modern Vampire stories. :skull:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Whats so cool about monsters that combust in sunlight, can be killed by wooden stakes, have garlic allergies and are totally ineffective for half the day.

All of those depend on your mythos - hell, even Dracula only used one, maybe two of those and it's often cited as the base of most modern Vampire stories. :skull:

You mean they might not have a weakness to garlic? Damn, I thought I was safe because I love me some garlic.

All of those depend on your mythos - hell, even Dracula only used one, maybe two of those and it's often cited as the base of most modern Vampire stories. :p

You mean they might not have a weakness to garlic? Damn, I thought I was safe because I love me some garlic.

Clearly you didn't read my blurb on vamp history. If you did you'd know garlic has been thought to be ward of vampires long before the victorian era. However the running water, sunlight, crosses and mirror adversion are more recent weaknesses. The traditonal ways to ward off or slay a vampire were garlic/salt, blessed oils/water, digging up the corpse the buring the body or/and cutting off its head or/and stake in the heart*.

pre-victorian era these were the only known way to harm a vampire.

*Orginially the stake wasn't to kill the vampire put was to 'pin' the body into the coffin to prevent it from rising at night. This is where the whole stake only paralizes vampires comes from.

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

All of those depend on your mythos - hell, even Dracula only used one, maybe two of those and it's often cited as the base of most modern Vampire stories. :p

Clearly you didn't read my blurb on vamp history. If you did you'd know garlic has been thought to be ward of vampires long before the victorian era. However the running water, sunlight, crosses and mirror adversion are more recent weaknesses. The traditonal ways to ward off or slay a vampire were garlic/salt, blessed oils/water, digging up the corpse the buring the body or/and cutting off its head or/and stake in the heart*.

*Orginially the stake wasn't to kill the vampire put was to 'pin' the body into the coffin to prevent it from rising at night. This is where the whole stake only paralizes vampires comes from.

In dracula didn't they make a point that basically the vampire has to run around with the soil he was buried in in order to rest? The entire third act was the characters finding and eliminating Draculas hiding/resting places until the come across the last one (where he's resting)?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

In dracula didn't they make a point that basically the vampire has to run around with the soil he was buried in in order to rest? The entire third act was the characters finding and eliminating Draculas hiding/resting places until the come across the last one (where he's resting)?

If I recall correctly, that was a victorian invention as well. I do not recall anything like that in my readings of vampire mythos until about time the victorian writers starting in on it. May even be a bram creation or taking the concept of the existing lore one step further. ie If the vampire returns to his grave after he feeds makes sense to say he can ONLY return in the place he was orginially buried.

If you wish I'll crack some of my books open and find the exaxt source of that lore if you are so inclined.

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente