Happy Thanksgiving

Aristes

We get our Thanksgiving on some other day here. So ha.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

A happy day to you too Aristes :ermm:

I don't remember what Thanksgiving is about (read it a while ago), but it seems to involve turkeys somehow.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Us Kanadians celebrate this a month before those Yanks.

So THAT's why I'm confused.

I dated a couple of Canuck ladies. One of them had lobster at thanksgiving. Sounds much better than bloody turkey.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Happy belated Thanksgiving to you north of the border folks.

Anyhow, about the food. I like Turkey, but we have tons of different dishes on Thanksgiving. Stuffing is probably my favorite, but I also like the ham, potatoes, and candied yams.

On Christmas Eve, I have either steak or filet mignon. This tasty tradition started when I was younger and we were poor (as in food stamp poor) and we splurged every Christmas and had steak. Later, of course, we worked out of our monetary misfortunes, and so things like steak and lobster weren't quite so impressive anymore. I'm not really a huge steak fan. I mean, I like the stuff, but it's not like it's something special anymore, but I still have it every year because I remember scraping the bottom of the peanut jar because it was the only food in the house for three or four days. I also have it because I want to remember that there are folks in this world who would see that jar of peanut butter that was all I had a couple of times as a kid and see it the same way I did that steak.

Yeah, happy Turkey Day to all the Americans here. I love Thanksgiving- food, food, and more food.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Happy Thanksgiving all. Mine went pretty well this year, compared to some in the past at least. I'll put it this way, there was no "family" trouble this year and my dinner guests held the absolute perfect conversation level....

The only downer of today is that all three NFL games were snoozers.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Zee natives were nice and helped people out once upon a time, and they repaid the favour with a big banquet or something similar. That's the not so remembering version >.>

We repaid them through the stealing of their lands and the near genocide of their people.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Zee natives were nice and helped people out once upon a time, and they repaid the favour with a big banquet or something similar. That's the not so remembering version >.>

We repaid them through the stealing of their lands and the near genocide of their people.

Thanks for the cheery rendition.

It's not necessarily a religious holiday, although it can be one and for many it is. The good thing about Thanksgiving is that folks can think of it as "turkey day" and have fun feasting. They can think of it as a time to give thanks to one another for boons and bounties and friendship. They can even think of it as a time to be generally thankful and contemplative for the good things in life. Some of us think of it as a religious holiday where we thank the Lord for his blessings. ...But I specifically meant my happy thanksgiving to fit each and every celebrant in whatever way they enjoy celebrating. Thanksgiving is pretty much over, but it was a good one here, smaller than most years, warmer than many, and quite worth the effort to come to Nevada.

I've been lurking here for a while and I know how Killian can be a curmodgeon. I hope he had a good feast also. Happy thanksgiving, KK! :lol:

I strive to maintain a certain continuity.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

I strive to maintain a certain continuity.

Continuity you DO got.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

We pagans don't have any kind of a holiday here today :lol:

No annoying family get-togethers either, so it's kind of ok.

It's not really a religious holiday in any way.

I wasn't implying that it was. I meant that we have a ton of weird old pagan holiday here that no one else has.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you fellow Americans out there!

...And a happy day to folks from other countries. We'll try to enjoy a good meal and toast you also for the hell of it! :grin:

Indeed. Wonderful holiday built upon the decimation and exploitation of the native american peoples... ermm wait..

Edited by TheHarlequin

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

We pagans don't have any kind of a holiday here today :grin:

No annoying family get-togethers either, so it's kind of ok.

It's not really a religious holiday in any way.

I wasn't implying that it was. I meant that we have a ton of weird old pagan holiday here that no one else has.

Pagan holidays > then the xian ones IMO (that were stolen from the pagans to start with... xmas, easter, may day, all saints day all orginally pagan holidays)

Other words be happy you have some pagan holidays still and not force fed the fictional xian garbage.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente