King Arthur

alanschu

There's about ~40 games that work like that with Steam as well.

How is Steam any harder to remove than Impulse?

Also, you do realize that you can use both, right? This isn't a all or nothing deal.

This is why my PC runs like a charm. I don't install a ton of invasive software. I have read steam is very invasive on several tech forums.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

I only use impulse. Its less invasive and easy to remove if I so choose. Plus the cool thing about impulse (and may be the case for steam don't know) is if I buy a DVD ver of a game and install it, and its for sale by impulse, impluse will flag it on my impulse account. So if I ever got to reinstall it again it will then show up on my 'purchased' list of games on impulse. Never have to install via the dvd again. This has happened for 3 games so far. Its a cool and useful feature.

Steam is the same way.

Impulse has advantages, though, the most notable of which being not having to start Impulse to play a game. Also, it's much, much lighter Steam. Assuming the price for a game is the same on both platforms, it's better to get a game on Impulse than on Steam.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

This is why my PC runs like a charm. I don't install a ton of invasive software. I have read steam is very invasive on several tech forums.

Well some other people said that Impulse causes cancer, I'm staying away from that.

They are different, but "invasiveness" is not really one of the differences.

Well some other people said that Impulse causes cancer, I'm staying away from that.

They are different, but "invasiveness" is not really one of the differences.

As said above your post I dont need to start impulse to play a game. Right there impulse wins IMO. Its a very light client, lighter then steam.

World of Darkness News

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

I dony really get how something being lighter than Steam on modern computers is a huge bonus. It's not like Steam is exactly heavy on resources.

Thats the attitude I deal with all the time as someone in IT. 'Well I got a pretty decent box so what if I got 9 apps running at start up?' and then in the next breath 'why does my app keep crashing?'. Wish I charged by the amount of start up apps I disabled when working on a clients machine not hourly. I'd be rich.

The more non-required apps you have running in the back ground the larger odds you will run into some kind of conflict. Plus why give those resouces to apps that have nothing to do with the game you are playing and are not using?

Also most games still take advantage of only one core so all those background apps are taking away from your game.

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

Hey, less Impulse Vs. Steam, more King Arthur.

Has anyone bought it, already?

Heja Sverige!!

I dony really get how something being lighter than Steam on modern computers is a huge bonus. It's not like Steam is exactly heavy on resources.

Thats the attitude I deal with all the time as someone in IT. 'Well I got a pretty decent box so what if I got 9 apps running at start up?' and then in the next breath 'why does my app keep crashing?'. Wish I charged by the amount of start up apps I disabled when working on a clients machine not hourly. I'd be rich.

It's a single program that I actually do use while playing games. It's not really THAT heavy, sure it could be made a bit lighter but when my CPU speeds rarely go over 50% (of which 25% is always folding@home) I don't really see why a program taking 5% or something is a big deal. Same with my ram, the amount Steam uses is insignificantly small.

The more non-required apps you have running in the back ground the larger odds you will run into some kind of conflict. Plus why give those resouces to apps that have nothing to do with the game you are playing and are not using?

Wait, how is this relevant at all? It's not like 1 app is gonna make the difference. Besides, I run a ton of apps all the time and get crashes rarely. On 32 bit Win XP.

Also most games still take advantage of only one core so all those background apps are taking away from your game.

You know you can shut off Steam if it's too heavy for your computer right? You don't NEED to keep it on, only when you're playing an online game that uses Steam as copy protection.

New patch.

It seems like they are properly supporting King Arthur. I really am this|| close to buckling and buying this on Steam. If it wasn't for Dragon Age I would have bought it already.

Heja Sverige!!

Waiting for it to come to impulse then picking it up! -_-

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really enjoying this game.

Good:

Great Art

Fantastic Music

Loving the Story (Might be biased here since I've always enjoyed the tale of Arthur)

Great Graphics

Runs smooth

Hard. Very Hard

Interesting Adventures

Replayability(Old faith/Christian Rightful/Tyrant)

Bad:

Fighting Animation

Limited Tech Tree

Small campaign map

No Arthur as a General

Super Archers

Very Hard

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

It's also now available on Impulse and Gamersgate, as well.

Heja Sverige!!

• 1 month later...

So someone please explain to me how to replenish troops. I seem to grasp everything so far but that.. :/

Thanks!

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

Oh, it's out elsewhere too? 40USD is out of my budget at the moment, but I'll pick it up when it gets cheaper. :wacko:

Well I figured out the issue I was having before.. you cant recruit until you finish the excalibur quest then all the recruiting options open up for you.

That said this game is pretty cool. However the way quests get tossed to you almost non-stop makes things difficult especially when some are time sensitive. How ever my only major gripe is the victory locations (VL) on the combat maps. Its seems to degrade the 'tactical' aspect to whack-a-mole. Grab most of the locations first and you will prob win. The enemy AI rather then attack you seems to spend most of their time running around grabbing as many as they can first. So you in turn just end up running around beshind them trying to take them back. Seems like the AI never wants to engage you until it has all the VL's. Its quite annoying and IMO takes away from the game. I would love a option ot tone down or disable VL's on the maps.

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

getting the demo. a bit skeptic towards the game

The game as a whole is awesome and they do change up some of the traditional RTS elements to give it a unique feel. Alao the sound, music and artwork is amazing as well. Are there a few elements that bother me? Yes but nothing game breaking. If you like CRPGs and RTS's you should like you are in heaven. As a whole I'd give this game a solid 85% rating.

Edited by TheHarlequin

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente