Diablo III or The elder scrolls 5

urielrose

Both to some degree.

Bethesda's work on Fallout 3 made me a lot more interested in seeing what happens with the next TES game. Not that FO3 was great, but the improvement over Oblivion was huge. Perhaps Oblivion was merely some sort of freakish anomaly or terribleness.

I loved Diablo 1, was bored with Diablo 2, so who knows with D3. But I am interested.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I look at it like this:

Diablo III, whenever it comes out, will be polished to perfection, a delicacy of gameplay that will make most other games hang their heads in shame. If that gameplay isn't up your ally, no harm no foul.

TESV is pretty much a wild card, it could be decent, but at the same time it could take years of modding to be decent. It will be interesting to see what Beth will do with it, but I'm not excited for it in any way.

Diablo's world is actually more interesting than Oblivion's to me.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I enjoyed D1 & D2 back in the game, but I'm no longer terribly interested in Diablo-style stuff, so it's an easy pick for me. Elder Scrolls. I've enjoyed previous games in the series well enough. Beth improved on their formula with F3 and I'd be interested in in seeing how they continue with 5.

Diablo 3.

I've tried the TES games starting from Morrowind and the initial idea was exciting, but I quickly found myself bored and the game seemed to have no point. Never finished Morrowind or Oblivion, but I did enjoy Fallout 3, so its a maybe.

Diablo 3 is definitely a must buy. I enjoy the setting and I'm interested into where they're taking the story after the 3 prime evils have supposedly been destroyed (or banished back into Hell). Of course it will eventually turn into a click fest, but I've always greatly enjoyed my few initial playthroughs of D1 and D2.

Diablo 3 is definitely a must buy. I enjoy the setting and I'm interested into where they're taking the story after the 3 prime evils have supposedly been destroyed (or banished back into Hell).

Well, a theory that has been gaining ground for a while now is that the game is all about trying to

stop Diablo cultists from resurrecting, via sacrifice apparently, Diablo at least, not sure of Baal or Mephisto

, which is fairly apparent from the concept art, featuring said cultists. However, I hope they completely forget the Richard Knaak tie-in books, since the whole proto-Prime Evils thing wasn't all that interesting. And, frankly, I'd prefer more new opponents instead of the old ones like the already featured

Skeleton King Leoric

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

There's also some theory about

Tyrael going evil for some reason.

TBH, the story isn't exactly important here. I mean, your character had three lines of dialogue in Diablo 2, which were usually something along the lines of "It smells awful in this cave".

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

D3 will probably be a much better experience, gameplay-wise. But last I heard, the game was shipping without a LAN multiplayer option, so that's a big minus for me.

TES, on the other hand:

I, uh... I... I... first became aware of its effects during the physical act of love. Yes, a uh, a profound sense of fatigue... a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I... I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence. I can assure you it has not recurred. Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence. I, uh... I do not avoid women, but I do deny them my essence.

So I may end up getting neither.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I, uh... I... I... first became aware of its effects during the physical act of love. Yes, a uh, a profound sense of fatigue... a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I... I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence. I can assure you it has not recurred. Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence. I, uh... I do not avoid women, but I do deny them my essence.
?

There's also some theory about

Tyrael going evil for some reason.

TBH, the story isn't exactly important here. I mean, your character had three lines of dialogue in Diablo 2, which were usually something along the lines of "It smells awful in this cave".

That said, the Diablo 2 game manual story and lore section was massive. And they've already shown that D3 will include dialogue trees and unique motivations for each of the characters.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Oh I agree about the lore, Diablo's universe is surprisingly good with that, but the game manual story? Look, no offense, but if your story is mostly in the game manual it doesn't count.

Well... yes? I don't see your point.