Fallout

TwinkieGorilla

That was in the press release, but depending on development progress I predict the real date will be sometime in Q2-Q4 2011.

I'd be surprised if they were really allowed that much time. I'm guessing, much like KotOR II, they are expected to have a quick development cycle so they can capitalize on Fallout 3 still being a recent release.

Quick development = buggy as hell game.

Lol, Fallout 3 was was buggy as hell, and how long was that bun in the oven?

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

LOLZ. True but its still enjoyable, when it doesn't crash on you. Then again its following tradition of the other Fallouts.

Agreed, although for some reason the old FO bugs didn't bother me as much.

Well, except for the inventory bug. *grumble*

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

Bugs typically don't bother me too much unless it is crashing issues. This makes me not particularly fond of Bethesda as I have had pretty severe crashing problems with both Oblivion and Fallout 3, though probably more in Fallout 3. I hope OEI can figure out whatever causes that before they release New Vegas because it is extremely annoying.

I do hope New Vegas can at least be shown off a bit fairly soon.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Compared to Daggerfall, Fallout 3 is the most stable, polished game ever released.

That said, Oblivion never crashed on me, neither did Fallout 3. Just some occasional freezing when I first got the game, which was fixed by uninstalling some audio codecs.

Morrowind... crashed every half hour or so.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Compared to Daggerfall, Fallout 3 is the most stable, polished game ever released.

That said, Oblivion never crashed on me, neither did Fallout 3. Just some occasional freezing when I first got the game, which was fixed by uninstalling some audio codecs.

Morrowind... crashed every half hour or so.

FO3 crashes every half to full hour for me. About half the time it's a CTD, the other half it's a hard lockup and I have to hold down my tower's power button for a forced shutdown. :\

Compared to Daggerfall FO3 is a tiny little unresponsive blip of a game.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Fallout 3 on the PC was painful. Almost as painful as KotOR on the PC, which was honestly an awful console port.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Fallout 3 is the only game that has crashed and hard locked my system in quite a long time.

I didn't even think that was possible on post win98 operating systems

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Daggerfall is an all-time favorite for me, but I'm not sure I can really agree with that. It was an amazing game for its time, but I don't think it can stand up to the big games of today.

Daggerfall is an all-time favorite for me, but I'm not sure I can really agree with that. It was an amazing game for its time, but I don't think it can stand up to the big games of today.

Graphically and in some areas of presentation sure, but otherwise I think it remains one of the most astonishing crpgs ever.

Fallout 3 on the PC was painful. Almost as painful as KotOR on the PC, which was honestly an awful console port.

Both of them were better on PC.

Yes, never mind the constant crashes, the lack of interface scaling, the big blocky inventory that always stays the same, annoying size even at higher resolutions, etc. Speaking of which, I don't think the game supported anything bigger than 1024x960 for a long time. Then you move on to KotOR 2 which for some reason felt like a bad PC port on the Xbox and worked flawlessy for me, except for three or four occasional crashes.

Fallout 3, though... have you even played on the PC? My computer restarts completely with no warning every half hour when playing.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"