We need an ignore feature on these boards

Darque

I would only ignore one person who constantly posts "Gothic sucks" in every thread I participate in/start. It really feels like I've already heard everything his simple brain can come up with.

You haven't heard everything. If you want to hear everything on things I feel strongly about I can PM you a novel or two. (tee hee) :p

By the way, Gothic 2 sucks. I never played Gothic, but if the sequel sucks it stands tp reason that the previous game does as well. Just thought you should know since you were expecting me to say that. (BWAAHAAAHAAAAA! :( )

An ignore function might be a good idea. Sometimes Karzak can me a little annoying with his Cain worshipping, but with V:tM Bloodlines coming it has some sort of irony with the whole Children of Cain mythology built into the setting.

Oh by the way, Gothic 2 sucks. :D

Ok, this post was actually kind of funny. Maybe I should rethink my ignore-choice? Naah.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

There have been times when I would have done bodily harm to Vis if he had been in my presence. ...Or gone to my fate trying. For the most part, he's an okay fellow. I can't think of a single problem he has. Vis is a pretty good guy. I don't know what I could possibly find irritating. I like Vis alright. What could I say against him. Vis is pretty good old dog. There's nothing bad I could say about him.

B) Sorry, Hades.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

...bah...most o' da peoples who whine 'bout "yer goin' on me ignore list!!" ne'er stick ta theys guns, anyways, jus' in case they misses somethin'...damn, there still be a few peoples 'ere from da ol' BIS Boards that's been sayin' theys puttin' me on theys ignore list fer o'er 2 years now, yet theys ne'er has yet...I imagines theys has more fun jus' whinin' 'bout it... :(

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

The best feature, in my opinion, is being able to block certain posters from using PM's for harassment. That's a feature I've used with great relief. :wacko: So if the Obsidian powers-that-be are considering enhancing board features, an ignore option that has a PM blocking feature would be helpful.

Just a thought.

The best feature, in my opinion, is being able to block certain posters from using PM's for harassment. That's a feature I've used with great relief. :wacko: So if the Obsidian powers-that-be are considering enhancing board features, an ignore option that has a PM blocking feature would be helpful.

Just a thought.

...well, I does imagine all da love-PMs ya gits from Grommo da Klown be makin' yer hubby jealous... :p

I know on the old BIS boards, and on the Iply boards, there were more than a few times when the mods/admins would have to tell people to place others on their ignore list, because they would have such problems.

Yes, I think that being able to block from PM is a great help, as there have been times when I've seen posters being perfectly civil in public, but are total jerks in private - to the point of being downright rude.

I know on the old BIS boards, and on the Iply boards, there were more than a few times when the mods/admins would have to tell people to place others on their ignore list, because they would have such problems.

Yes, I think that being able to block from PM is a great help, as there have been times when I've seen posters being perfectly civil in public, but are total jerks in private - to the point of being downright rude.

...hehehe...that be why I gits me "downright rudeness" outta da way in public...saves time... :p

I don't think anyone's even threatened to ignore me even under my more infamous accounts. Perhaps I need to rethink the whole arch-villain role and go for straight annoyance posting.

Then you'd just be a troll :p

Just say no to trollness. :)

Then you'd just be a troll :p

Just say no to trollness. :)

Racist! :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

For some odd reason I am in a playful mood. To bad Mistress Lair is down and I'm banned from Interplay. I wanna play!

Go to bio's board!

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

Hmmm, ignoring Mods. Ya may not have to be told when to quit, but then ya wouldn't have any explanation when the account poofs.

Well, it isn't like any explaination would matter, is it?

Ignore is to keep you from being harrassed, right?

Mods should be able to be ignored.

Why Bio Why?

if you feel you are being harrassed, that needs to be addressed. The mods are not here to harrass posters, and if that is happening, then something else needs to be done. In a case like that, placing a mod on ignore isn't going to solve the problem really without the mods/admin knowing that you are going to ignore the mod.

if you feel you are being harrassed, that needs to be addressed. The mods are not here to harrass posters, and if that is happening, then something else needs to be done. In a case like that, placing a mod on ignore isn't going to solve the problem really without the mods/admin knowing that you are going to ignore the mod.

Ignoreing a problem never helps, I have never put anyone on ignore myself, I personally consider it a feature for cowards and the inept.

As long as mods post non mod posts and give opinions they should be ignorable.

Why Bio Why?

Quick answer: Ignore button is coming to our boards soon!

No-so-quick answer: Once our board software is RTM, we'll be upgrading. Unfortunately that doesn't look to be true until the summer sometime.

For those of you receiving offensive PM's of concern, please report them - PM's follow the same content rules as posts when it comes to discriminatory or antagonistic messages.

Some posts are like train wrecks.  You want to ignore it and walk away, but there is a morbid curiousity that makes you want to look.  An Ignore function will solve that.

What are you talking about? Is your will that weak?

Ignore is for cowards who keep losing debates, they ignore their betters rather than face up to their own failings.

Why Bio Why?