Yahtzee reviews

Gorth

This doesn't happen often, but by the mere description of the gameplay in SP: Conviction sounds horrible. Not, "bad", "mediocre" or "avarage", but really horrible.

I tell you this, it is not worth the money.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

A new game by Square Enix that i haven't heard about at all until i saw this review. Did they fire their PR department?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That was a good pne.

Twattycakes. Awesome.

Bethesda take note.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Nier was fairly high profile.

Not high enough for Joystiq to bother reviewing it.

Minigames FTW!... not

Some day, some human rights organisation will start a campaign to have mini games banned and there will be much rejoicing.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I can't disagree more with him (not new, at all) about Tri. For a very, very long time, I've suspected that Yahtzee is A) not very good at skill based games and B) plays games for about 3-5 hours. Talking about Monster Hunter Tri without talking about the epic boss monster fights that you're going up against on a constant basis is like talking about a mario game without mentioning the platforming.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

I can't disagree more with him (not new, at all) about Tri. For a very, very long time, I've suspected that Yahtzee is A) not very good at skill based games and B) plays games for about 3-5 hours. Talking about Monster Hunter Tri without talking about the epic boss monster fights that you're going up against on a constant basis is like talking about a mario game without mentioning the platforming.

I think Yahtzee is like reality television. Ultimately, the entertainment is much more important than the reality.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The original Neverwinter Nights was made by Bioware, and was a fun, deep, and immersive game, held together with an interesting story.
:):p:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Damn I'm laughing so hard I barely found the quote button.

*waits for Volourn*

Fair point about Obsidian taking on projects with hectic schedules, hopefully with the sheer experience in writing for this world they can really nail New Vegas in time, also Bethesda for all their faults are moderately consistent about things being released 'when they are done'.

Fair point about Obsidian taking on projects with hectic schedules, hopefully with the sheer experience in writing for this world they can really nail New Vegas in time, also Bethesda for all their faults are moderately consistent about things being released 'when they are done'.

Except that the only thing they made with a stupidly short cycle was Kotor2. And that was artifical.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Except that the only thing they made with a stupidly short cycle was Kotor2. And that was artifical.

Yeah I'm not being specific, just saying their games aren't the epic four year development time ones.

Hey, I like Obsidian, but I have to admit I'm as worried as anyone about whether or not they'll come out with a polished and completed game. They're sort of known for bugs and incomplete stories.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"