Yahtzee reviews

Gorth

If you use ZP as your main source of reviews, it doesn't seem like you'll buy very many games... I think he's only liked 3 games that he's reviewed (Bioshock, Portal, and... something else)...
Psychonauts, you heretic.

Ahh, that's it... No wonder I didn't remember it... Its rather ironic, of those, I only liked Portal.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

....and another that i will not bother with, thanks to mr. Yahtzee.

Been plenty of other reviews to base a decision on. I go to Yahtzee for laughs, not for actual game reviews I'll base a purchase on.

This. Just to be redundant.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

If you use ZP as your main source of reviews, it doesn't seem like you'll buy very many games... I think he's only liked 3 games that he's reviewed (Bioshock, Portal, and... something else)...

He doesn't review a lot of games, and the reviews are always negative :thumbsup:

He gave Prince of Persia an "extremely tentative recommendation", I don't know if it counts as positive or not...

Psychonauts, you heretic.

Also Dragon Age and Batman: Arkham Asykum.

Well, he is not the main reason behind deciding a purchase or not, but if he actually enforces the very points that made me vary of a particular game to begin with, i usually just skip it. I actually bought several games that he didn't like for their respective reasons, but those were reasons that i found to be redudant for my gaming experience.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Not true. It seems like his approach is to treat every game as first class manure and then see if it gets better. Some do and don't get ripped as much, kinda like this one. Some he kinda likes and has to really nitpick to find flaws. Some are gems. Overall, so far I only disagreed with 2-3 of his reviews. So yeah, when I need a review, I go to ZP.

That actually sounds interesting. I might take a look at it after finishing FFXIII and DA:The awakening and God of War III. So, practically, this summer/fall. Of course, there's Alpha Protocol, down the line....

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yahztee is still a real game reviewer. He's unique, and he's certainly not a good single source for deciding whether to play a game, but he makes a lot of poignant points other reviewers fail to grasp or are too scared to touch on (****ing Oblivion)

The dust thing was hilarious :ermm: I hope he will make a review of Alpha Protocol, that should be fun, especially with "inside" knowledge (hearing his review after playing the game). Of course, he has to make a comment about how he was among the first to receive the game, for once :)

He will probably just hate it and drive all you people into another 5-page hatefest...

Well, he'll drive some people into another 5 page hatefest. Others will find the whole thing hilarious and egg them on until the thread goes down in a blaze of flames and moderator warnings handed out left and right!

Or it'll fade off the first page in 2 days because no one cares anymore...

:lol:

Your faith in Obsidianites is misplaced.

I disagree. This is a pretty balanced and rational board. So much so, it's almost boring. :)

Anyway, it's the internet. Beating dead horses and what not is part of the game.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I'd quite like a 5 page hatefest. It would be useful in bringing us all together.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I could act a little more irrational if you guys want? I could bring in the whole crowd to! Sand, Ares Draxus, Judge Hades, and Six Foot Rabbit. We could have a blast!

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

I could act a little more irrational if you guys want? I could bring in the whole crowd to! Sand, Ares Draxus, Judge Hades, and Six Foot Rabbit. We could have a blast!

I think the only one you remember the password for is mine.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"