Commentary re DLC

alanschu

"either neutral or supportive, about 15% being kamikaze Bio-shills who'd buy anything Bio make anyway"

YAY! I'm NOT one of the 15% since I most certainly don't buy anything BIO makes. HIP HIP HOORAY!

"Bottom line I don't think finger pointing with 'well they do it too!' is a very legit excuse which is in essence your retort."

Hilarious since you've used that same retort...

Quote me please. I don't recall. Unless, as usual, you are taking what I said out of context and applying it to something different.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

It's the "EA PR department" as much as it is the "BioWare employees that are now working for EA because EA bought BioWare." A lack of transparency among software developers is hardly isolated to Electronic Arts however.

Now its my turn to say 'very enlightening' comment.

So since floodgate screwed bioware over in the SoU expansion pack its ok for bioware to screw someone over too with that logic? Or even more basic anology if I jump off a bridge you going to follow too because I did?

Bottom line I don't think finger pointing with 'well they do it too!' is a very legit excuse which is in essence your retort.

How is BioWare screwing anyone over if they don't confirm a yes or no on an expansion pack at this moment?

Edited by alanschu

It's the "EA PR department" as much as it is the "BioWare employees that are now working for EA because EA bought BioWare." A lack of transparency among software developers is hardly isolated to Electronic Arts however.

Now its my turn to say 'very enlightening' comment.

So since floodgate screwed bioware over in the SoU expansion pack its ok for bioware to screw someone over too with that logic? Or even more basic anology if I jump off a bridge you going to follow too because I did?

Bottom line I don't think finger pointing with 'well they do it too!' is a very legit excuse which is in essence your retort.

How is BioWare screwing anyone over if they don't confirm a yes or no on an expansion pack at this moment?

You are taking my comment too literal and not as its intended, figurative. But anyways...

World of Darkness News

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

My commentary has always been with regard to an expansion pack. Since you mentioned Shadows of the Undrentide and BioWare getting screwed over, I'm not sure exactly where you were going in even discussing the issue with me if you didn't think I'd take your post to be some sort of comment that BioWare is screwing someone over by not making a definitive statement about an expansion pack.

Is the "very enlightening" comment in regards to the one I made in your WoD MMO thread or something?

You have a good reason to be displeased about a lack of confirmation for or against an expansion pack? I'm confused now. Would you be happier if BioWare came out and said "Yes" or "No" to questions of an expansion pack?

No, I don't. I don't give a toss about the confirmation or non-confirmation of an expansion pack as long as my copy of DAO is in limbo and unlikely to work as it should when it gets there. You know, being annoyed I decided to get it for the better platform that gets the worse games, ie. PS3 over x360. :lol:

Stealth-edit: My whole point was that people make these wild assumptions based on "ZOMG THEY HAVEN'T DENIED AN EXPANSION PACK" when the fact is that nobody can say anything either way. Then you got all hung up on the two letters and it went to the toilet from there. :)

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

My commentary has always been with regard to an expansion pack. Since you mentioned Shadows of the Undrentide and BioWare getting screwed over, I'm not sure exactly where you were going in even discussing the issue with me if you didn't think I'd take your post to be some sort of comment that BioWare is screwing someone over by not making a definitive statement about an expansion pack.

Is the "very enlightening" comment in regards to the one I made in your WoD MMO thread or something?

I was using the floodgate mess as a example. I do not think bioware is, activly, 'screwing' anyone to be honest. Sadly you are taking my comments in a wild direction that was never my intent. Forget I said anything, my appologizes.

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

From publishers perspective it'd be stupid to release expansion pack. Expansion pack is
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

From publishers perspective it'd be stupid to release expansion pack. Expansion pack is

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

Its funny gaming is such a huge industry yet for so long its been allowed to be run into the ground by terrible businessmen. This situation is being characterized as "Oh gaming may have to grow up! The honeymoon is over!"

When it is actually a case of completely inefficient practices and a lack of proper business management. The men running the gaming industry don't understand gaming, and it shows.

One of the huge issues from my perspective is how many of the gaming industry CEOs are completely clueless about the nature of the business and culture their business is par of. They were attracted to the boatloads of cash that the industry was making and nothing else. Maybe this is something that happens more often in the entertainment industry as you also see it in the music industry.

Executives of these struggling giants who have less knowledge of the current playing field than your average 18 year old and yet are given the keys to the castle and immediately try and run these companies like Shipping Company A from their favorite finance book from their MBA program. And on top of it all they ignore, then lash out, then finally find someone to explain to them anything new: the internet, for example.

"Its funny gaming is such a huge industry yet for so long its been allowed to be run into the ground by terrible businessmen. This situation is being characterized as "Oh gaming may have to grow up! The honeymoon is over!""

That's funny since the gaming industry is more successful than ever.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

That's funny since the gaming industry is more successful than ever.

Maybe that's the reason why big corporate companies in the industry are bleeding money and are kicking people out of their work left and right...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Game comaonies are always failing. Heck, even Atari, one of the longtime 'stalwarts' crapped over the decades even during their heydey. Heck, the current Atari isn't even really the same Atari of old.

Sorry, but all you prove is that gaming is a tough business to survive long term since it doesn't take much to fail. Just to elt you know a little secret, EA cna 'bleed' all the money they wnat, it isn't going anywhere. Let's also not forget one of the reasons EA 'bleeds' money is because it spent a billion dollars on two companies (one of which they just threw in the trash). EA will live on.

EA still employs how many people? Quite a bit. Even MS fires people left and right. *shrug*

Look at Blizzard. Successful company but certainly not the same company as it was 10 years ago.

Bototm line is the gaming industry is making lots of money. IIRC, a recently released game just broke entertainment records... Go figure.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

1) no one talked about EA in this one

2) MW2 is exception, not a standard for gaming industry...

3) industry might have record revenues, but you know revenue != profit...

with biger and bigger budgets they need more and more revenue to turn in profit... that is the FAIL of the managment... all they do nowadays is to cry about piracy and second hand sales lowering their profits, and only thing which lowers it, is their opinnion that, the more they invest into development, the better it sells... at some point you hit a turning point, where you can't accumulate more profits despite bigger investments, that's basic economics...

if you need to sell 2 million copies to turn in profit, you fail, only 1 in 100 games are able to achieve this, i realy wish sometimes there would be zero piracy, but yes, then they would find another scapegoat...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

The Stone Prisoner and Warden's Keep done when the game was completed but surprisingly it was not in the game but used as a DLC instead to make more money off the consumers. You must work for one of these companies to be so pro towards them.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Unless you've been a part of a software development team, you have no idea what you're talking about.

What you think you know, is wrong. Face it sister, you're ignorant to the situation. You just see it, make stupid assumptions, and are just wrong. It's your MO.

Unless you've been a part of a software development team, you have no idea what you're talking about.

What you think you know, is wrong. Face it sister, you're ignorant to the situation. You just see it, make stupid assumptions, and are just wrong. It's your MO.

Why would he need to be part of a dev team ? Also for DLC done wrong, see Dragon Rising, looked at the other day and apparently 50% of the maps are just empty maps (one in day, other in fake-night) that you could do in the editor. In CM's case, it's just a case of milking the customer. Then again, the CM employees argue differently.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra