Assasin's Creed 2

vault_overseer

Got to see it last night, so far looks really awesome - a lot of stuff to do, no mandatory repeating missions(viewpoints still exist though), voice-overs are great, story looks promising and the game is gorgeous.

How many hours in are you?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I think I'm 7-8 hours into it now. There's only one future part so far, otherwise the story is more linear within the game and yes, desmond does fight.

One thing I've noticed is that they REALLY amped up the sexuality. You learn how to be invisible from prostitutes, one of the first things you do is get ezio laid, and you can hire prostitutes to distract guards. also there is a LOT more complexity in leveling your character and how things work, they actually incorporated a lot of GTA stuff (earning money, improving property, buying weapons and armor)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I think I'm 7-8 hours into it now. There's only one future part so far, otherwise the story is more linear within the game and yes, desmond does fight.

One thing I've noticed is that they REALLY amped up the sexuality. You learn how to be invisible from prostitutes, one of the first things you do is get ezio laid, and you can hire prostitutes to distract guards. also there is a LOT more complexity in leveling your character and how things work, they actually incorporated a lot of GTA stuff (earning money, improving property, buying weapons and armor)

There better be A LOT of sexy Kristen Bell then...

There better be A LOT of sexy Kristen Bell then...

not really, there was only ONE section of the future that I've seen thus far.

So far, I'm not sure whether the sequel will necessarily change most peoples' minds who didn't like the first at all. They took complaints about the mission structure to heart, and the social stealth is handled much better IMO.

That said, in combat it's still fairly possible to counter-kill your way through an army. The game will occasionally throw a curve your way, but nothing too huge. That may be just enough for the skeptics to feel like they're actually "playing" the combat this time around, or it may not.

Personally, I'm enjoying the heck out of it with what I've had a chance to play so far. Though I'm unsure whether it will convert haters to the cause, it's a worthy sequel in its own right.

Reminds me, aren't they making a fifth Hitman game ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That said, in combat it's still fairly possible to counter-kill your way through an army. The game will occasionally throw a curve your way, but nothing too huge. That may be just enough for the skeptics to feel like they're actually "playing" the combat this time around, or it may not.

Actually they made it so that the counters you pull off can be dodged, you can be countered, and there are uncounterable opponents (the weapon used is so friggin big you couldn't counter it effectively).

I finally got to the first major Desmond bit, took me quite a while (7 hours IIRC) as I had Ezio running to Venice. Basically you're in the Animus this time because the assassins are trying to get desmond back up to "I can kill any man" levels of skill and are using ezios experience to do it.

Use spoiler tags, please.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The "modern times" story can seriously die in a fire. There's absolutely nothing stopping them from just showing different assassins of the same bloodline doing stuff in different ages, the animus is just stupid.

Edited by Purkake

Actually they made it so that the counters you pull off can be dodged, you can be countered, and there are uncounterable opponents (the weapon used is so friggin big you couldn't counter it effectively).

That's my definition of "occasionally throwing a curve your way, but nothing too huge." I didn't want to tell people how to play the game in my post since that might take away what few surprises the combat has in store for them. Oh well, here goes.

Your counters didn't necessarily kill in the first game either, and you could be countered. People still bitched about the combat.

Brutes can be countered, you just have to do so empty-handed.

eh, I figured something mentioned in the first 5 minutes didn't need tags.

Well, you mentioned 7 hours, so I assumed it was important. :lol:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

the countering fighting style of AC was my favorite part of the game, it made me feel like a real badass swordsman when i could kill 10-15 soldiers without taking a scratch (not to mention the myriad awesome kill animations).

i also thought the fighting system in batman arkham asylum was brilliant for similar reasons. i dont think EVERY game should have that style of combat, but it makes sense sometimes.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

eh, I figured something mentioned in the first 5 minutes didn't need tags.

Well, you mentioned 7 hours, so I assumed it was important. :(

Well, I'm pretty deep overall in the game, but the reason you're playing as Ezio is given in the very start of the game. The future part of the story is actually building (supposedly anyway) to the culmination that is in the third game where you play as desmond in the future, probably hunting for the pieces of eden.