Dragon age discussion

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

I haven't found a merchant that sells dragon repellant... need to keep searching. Bioware is throwing big omen sized hints at me :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The scene with Leliana after the Dalish section is one of my favorites.
I'm dumbfounded why you can't ask her to sing it again.

It's included in the soundtrack :)

But the soundtrack doesn't have every song in the game, like loitherings explore/combat music. I liked both.

Niten Ryu

corrupt queen

?

virumor no i wasn't romancing her, well not anymore. I told her once she started being jelaous, that we should just be friends and then she accpted that,... but i still got her up to 100.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I just started a second game, I wanted to try the rogue class. Female elf, rogue. After doing the beginning of the game, I can see why there would be a lot of dislike and hatred that elves have towards humans. When I played my first game as a mage I didn't really get that but playing the City Elf Origins I can see the distrust between the two races.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I think my approval with Lel was decent at the time, but not especially high. (I had given her some appropriate gifts, including that flower from the forest, but hadn't had any in-depth conversations.) It also might be relevant that she was knocked out in the fight

against Baldy McFishhooks

The scene with Leliana after the Dalish section is one of my favorites.
I'm dumbfounded why you can't ask her to sing it again.

Huh? I just wrapped up the main Dalish-area quest with her in my group, and there was no singing.

You have to speak to her in camp and she brings it up. Dunno about approval, we're lovers.

Niten Ryu

corrupt queen

?

It was more of the roleplaying thing then obvious plot hook from Bioware's writing team (thus even better). It was just that every move queen made, served her own best interests and not greater good (important for my idealistic utilitarian character). To lure me into "rescuing her" and not giving information right away. Then just minutes after the rescue, she sold me to guards and not very subtle way either. When I fight and sneak my out of prison, I'm not sure if she's more happy then sad to see me or the bastard heir. She tries again to persuade me to support her. I was (from roleplaying purposes) strongly supporting bastard to the throne but we worked out compromise - political marriage. It was solid deal and all parties agreed on it. Finally we meet her father in landsmeet and she gives nice speech how power has changed her father. It don't help much and we have to fight over who "won" the landsmeet. Then duel. Then justice and father is rightfully executed for his multiple crimes. Queen backs down from her deal and I want to execute her too but heir to the throne show mercy. Last words of the queen are most interesting "thank you for showing me mercy that I wouldn't have shown to you". For my character that it clear signal that she would be just like her father. Everything is acceptable, even killing Gray Wardens, to stay in power.

In the final battle, it was important for my character to save the king and keep right person in power. Someone who could potentially fight against next Blight (if it would come soon after this one). Thus my character had to be one who makes ultimate sacrifice.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Yeah, the first week on the new social networking forum was full of people literally tearing their hair out at the difficulty of the combat - people have simply forgotten how to play non-screensaver games (and I include myself in that to a certain extent - normal difficulty was a handful for me to begin with).

sonsofgygax.JPG

1.1b is out and it made easy mode easier... So yes, so far they've taken an easy mode, made it easier in the first patch, and then made that easier mod even easier in the next one. :thumbsup:

I'm not so sure about that, the changelogs in 1.1a and 1.1b are almost the same. It looks to me that 1.1b is just a hotfix for 1.1a.

Yeah, the first week on the new social networking forum was full of people literally tearing their hair out at the difficulty of the combat - people have simply forgotten how to play non-screensaver games (and I include myself in that to a certain extent - normal difficulty was a handful for me to begin with).

That honestly amazes me. I'm no whiz with these games, nor am I an exploiter or cheater, but even hard difficulty is sometimes too easy for me. There's only been a handful of fights which have caused me problems:

the final blood mage fight in the blood mage hideout in Denerim, the Wynne-collapse random encounter, Flemeth, and the chamberlain in Redcliffe castle (because the suits of armor didn't attack until I stepped into the chamberlain's room).

Other than that, I've found combats to mostly require some good use of abilities, some tactical thinking, and the ability to adapt.

Found some bugs.

I've done the completely good ending in Redcliffe Castle, but the journal still says

"at the cost of his mother's life"

. This could be a messed up translation, like how there are 2 'fifth revenant' vials.

Death Blow doesn't seem to work either.

About console difficulty - I was reading a hint guide about how best to defeat a very tricky boss monster. I wondered if I was actually playing the same game (just put a melee smackdown on the sucka and it'll go down!) and I realised I was reading a console help guide. Trust me, I've tried variations on that theme three times and still got whupped.

Edited by Monte Carlo

sonsofgygax.JPG

The most trouble I've had in the game was during some random encounters where you are suddenly thrown in the Battle of Agincourt. On the French side.

Or encounters where suddenly mooks rise up from the floor or out of thin air and one finds oneself surrounded. But luckily I haven't come across the old "Boss cutscene" trick yet.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

That honestly amazes me. I'm no whiz with these games, nor am I an exploiter or cheater, but even hard difficulty is sometimes too easy for me. There's only been a handful of fights which have caused me problems:

the final blood mage fight in the blood mage hideout in Denerim, the Wynne-collapse random encounter, Flemeth, and the chamberlain in Redcliffe castle (because the suits of armor didn't attack until I stepped into the chamberlain's room).

Other than that, I've found combats to mostly require some good use of abilities, some tactical thinking, and the ability to adapt.

Didn't you also put a fair bit of research into your character though, in order to properly min/max it?