The Pot Topic

Lare Kikkeli

I just stumbled upon this site (yeah yeah, coed magazine but their sources are legit) that disproves a lot of things for example Wrath Of Dragon seems to believe. http://coedmagazine.com/2009/11/12/the-5-b...myths-debunked/

I can't wait for marijuana to get legalized or at least made available via prescription here. Feel free to post any questions you have or experiences you've had with this wonderful, safe drug. Feel free

Also any medical marijuana users here? I'd really like to hear some feedback about the MM system in the states since that seems to be the way the EU is headed, sooner or later.

Here's a pretty fun slideshow of the latest Cannabis Cup where the worlds gnarlest potheads fight for stoner supremacy.

http://www.sfweekly.com/slideshow/view/28776370/1

devilcannabis.jpg

Edited by Lare Kikkeli

One of the funniest (excluding the carrot pipe) and most effective ways of smoking is the Gravity Bong.

Here's a diagram of how it works:

gravity1bp.jpg

The air pressure shoots the smoke straight into your lungs. Good way to get your first timer friend hallucinating. Word of warning though, this is ups the potency of your **** a lot so if you have premium bud and haven't ever smoked from a gravity bong, take a smaller hit first.

I've usually used a plastic bottle and a bucket, but have succesfully used a gravity bong with snow, a lake and a water fountain.

Edited by Lare Kikkeli

I wonder if this is what alcoholics were doing during the prohibition era?

DRINK SCOTCH EVERY DAY 420 YEAAAH!!!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Nah I doubt it since alcohol is a bad drug that ****s up your brain. No one who drinks daily or even more than once or twice per week is really enjoying it. Pot on the other hand is a wonderful substance that enhances your creativity and positivity, not to mention it makes all music sound so much better. Alcohol does that too, to an extent but the cons far outweigh the pros.

Bongs are uncivilised, the dose you tupically get puts you to sleep unless you are smoke too much already.

The gentleman rolls his own joints, which is something of an art as well, in order to savor both the flavor and the effect.

I agree with that to an extent. While I usually smoke joints due to their easiness I do enjoy a good bong session now and then. It's kind of a different high, good for example when you're going to have a Conan marathon with a bunch of friends or just want to space out with a good record. Joints are more for when you just casually want to get high before going to the movies or a gig, not too high but just enough.

Pipes have their own place, too. There's this one old hippie here who makes pipes. Only the bowl is glass, the stem is actually a wild reed. It's the softest hit I've ever had and there's something really cool about going to the beach and taking the stem straight from nature.

Here's a pic:

runningpipe4.gif

I heard a funny story that the prohibition of Cannabis started in the late 18th century, where certain elements of the very rich and powerful ropeindustry around thw world (for warships) were tired of the new wonder ropes from America being made from cannabis, and wanted to kill off the competition by making it illegal to grow.. I don't know if it's true, but it's a good story none-the-less..

There are a lot of myths surrounding Cannabis, but don't think for one second that it is completely harmless, because that is foolish. I worked at a rehab for a while and saw first hand what effects smoking can have on you, it's only a small percentage that experience severe problems (much like with alcohol), but they get more *****ed up than most other mild drugs. Things like total degredation of the short-term memory, an eternal high that never goes away and a withering of minor parts of the frontal lobes, which makes planning and motivation extremely difficult, are quite common among the worst effects.

So while I want it to be legalized as well I want people to know the truth as well, it's not a killer drug, but it's not completely harmless either.

Fortune favors the bald.

I don't know Lare, I drink almost every day, although very seldom to any kind of excess and I do enjoy it.

Here is a fast fact for you though. No one has ever smoked weed and killed their wife/husband. Alcohol can not not say the same. In fact they might have gotten stoned and decided NOT to kill their wife/husband.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I am indeed grateful for the energy and trust in sharing in one's experiences. Unfortunately, due to the range of member in this community in respect to both nationality and age, demographics and accountability for OBS, I am going to have to close this thread as it is a wee bit beyond what is acceptable for a commercial fora.

with respect,

Fionavar

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: