Dragon Age Tactics

Monte Carlo

Give her another Two hander and she can fly!

The endgame boss should've been a giant Darkspawn version of Cauthrien dual-wielding Summer swords. That would've been epic.

There was a revenant in the mage tower? I don't recall fighting one there. Where was it at?

On the third level, there's a broken statue with a black phylactery, IIRC.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Keep in mind I'm playing on Nightmare, that could change what kind of strategies you need to use. The mobs deal more damage, so maybe crowd control is more important?

I would not at all be surprised if CC was of the utmost importance on Nightmare.

I'm finally at the point with my DW juggernaut of destruction (now has two runed, full size swords) that I'm having to crank up difficulty to hard for everything.

Have all DW talents by level 12 with the statuory 36 DEX (you have to do the Fade early, I suppose).

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

There was a revenant in the mage tower? I don't recall fighting one there. Where was it at?

On the third level, there's a broken statue with a black phylactery, IIRC.

Yep.

kinda makes you wonder why they even have the tab function. is relative easy to miss books and phylacteries and other such stuff, so Gromnir is pretty much holding down the tab key every few seconds. why even bother? why does game seeing reward people with ocd?

if stuff were genuine hidden (required a skill or talent to identify hidden stuff) then am seeing a reason for tab key... but otherwise it simple seems like some way for biowarians to make game slightly more tedious, and am doubting that were the goal.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Are there other options aside from always displaying the text?

display text, glow, whatever... corpses with 1007 glow and have sparklies. could make options menu toggle that would do something similar for objects capable o' interaction. for folks bothered by floating text or glow they could turn-off... and for those o' us who not see a genuine game purpose for rewarding constant tab depressions, we could have floating text or glow.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Then you run into the issue of suddenly spending a lot of time on a system, for increasingly diminishing returns. The changes you suggest are stuff that'd be best decided early in the project (early being a fairly figurative term, since I have no idea what the process for Dragon Age has been given its unusually long development time).

I know there's the clique of gamers that are firm believers in "more options more options more options," but in reality it's not just as simple as adding more options. Of all the issues related to DA, this one seems pretty minor IMO. Given my experience with games like Diablo 2 and even BG2 after TOB, I found it so natural that I didn't even think twice about it.

Edited by alanschu

Easy, link it to cunning or a skill... OK not in Dragon Age but like Gromnir I literally run around with TAB stickied down.

I hate leaving chests unopened, even if they only contain two coins and a returning frost dart. Whassup with the lack of bash / knock spell?

sonsofgygax.JPG

Then you run into the issue of suddenly spending a lot of time on a system, for increasingly diminishing returns. The changes you suggest are stuff that'd be best decided early in the project (early being a fairly figurative term, since I have no idea what the process for Dragon Age has been given its unusually long development time).

I know there's the clique of gamers that are firm believers in "more options more options more options," but in reality it's not just as simple as adding more options. Of all the issues related to DA, this one seems pretty minor IMO. Given my experience with games like Diablo 2 and even BG2 after TOB, I found it so natural that I didn't even think twice about it.

am not convinced by the zots argument. gay romances, which includes, as far as we can tell, additional dialogue resources and some rather disturbing animation, were less of a zots drain than simple give "torn note" and "phylactery" the same treatment as 1007able corpses? the diminishing return works in favor o' a feature that would benefit all v. one that would genuine only ever be accessed by some extremely small % o' purchasers.

and in any event. the targetable stuff in bg2 were typical more obvious... and tab would reveal entire de-fogged map. in da, revealed stuff with tab is only in immediate proximity to player. Gromnir did not have to keep pinky on tab key for most o' bg2.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"Spamming Cone of Cold nicely keeps the Mage Tower Revenant in check. That is, until one runs out of lyrium potions. "

Only helps so much. Not gonna win just with that one spell since the duration is very short, and it takes a little while to come back. Good idea is to use spells to make his attacks weaker if you have them. And, get ready to run with whatever made is doing the most damage. L0L

Here's an idea for finding things Grom. Look for stuff. Why the need for hand holding? There's already way too much of that in DA specifically, and RPGs in general. The less babysitting the better.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.