Dragon Age Tactics

Monte Carlo

While this mode is active, the caster imbues the party with speed, allowing them to move and attack significantly faster, although the spell also imposes a small penalty to attack and drains mana rapidly while in combat.
Don't sustained spells just lower your maximum mana/stamina?

While this mode is active, the caster imbues the party with speed, allowing them to move and attack significantly faster, although the spell also imposes a small penalty to attack and drains mana rapidly while in combat.
Don't sustained spells just lower your maximum mana/stamina?

thats what i thought, whoever has momentum please clear this up!

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Get Firefox or Chrome then.

Having a mode or sustained spell active locks up a certain amount of mana/stamina and gives you extra fatigue which makes all other spells/talents take more mana/stamina to activate it.

Edited by Purkake

I actually kept Strength and Cunning around the same for my rogue.. by the time I had Dual-Weapon Mastery I had him armed with the longsword made from meteor ore (a yay for wardens keep) and that honors blade you picked up in seperate pieces in the Deep Roads.. with the triple Master/Grandmaster Runes he made a fairly decent chop-suey guy.. especially when keeping fine control to make sure he was flanking enemies..

Ranger specialization - was kind of nice to play around with an "extra" to distract enemies, but not one I think to really get a lot of use out of..

Cone of Cold .. The single most used spell in the entire game , maybe bar Heal, but heal was used almost purely by the tactics setup rather then chosen to use..

Morrigan's shapeshifting abilities.. loved the concept. Never used them.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yeah, Morrigan as shapechanged critter is a waste of her offensive spell-casting abilities. I've not used them once since level 5 or 6.

Am eagerly awaiting 'level one NPC' mod a la BG2, when you meet the NPC they are level 1 and you level them up. For Morrigan, that extra point would have got me a bit nearer fireball or walking nightmare.

Sten? Sword and Shield. Alistair, mebbe dual-wielding. Imoen-Chick, maybe a decent rogue ;)

sonsofgygax.JPG

Waking Nightmare is like confusion, stun, sleep and charm person all rolled into one. Some critters fight for you, others fall over, others wander around. It has a pretty big AoE and is perfect for crowd control versus it's duration / cooldown time.

It isn't as sexy as fireball etc, but it is very useful.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Dual sweep is more awesome than Momentum. 2 great dagger and wahooo the surrounding people just loose half their life, then use Momentum. That's carnage.

Maybe i should try that on a warrior build too.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I can make stealth edits as well.

Why is Waking Nightmare so good?

My "stealth edit" isn't really one, since there's a comment at the end of my post.

I had responded without quotes to the last post of the last page, which didn't make much sense when I realized that

A) The issue was already clear

B) My post was not following the post I thought.

Fireball was always a pain, yes, its nicely explosive.. but I never really had time to use it... unless I kept up micromanaging everyone... While the cone of cold, shock, and use of Blizzard seemed to work so much better..

A rogue to stealth open a door.. Morrigan to Blizzard through it from a distance... Maybe with the lightning Tempest for good measure, step back and wait (with ranged weapons active for anyone who managed to stumble out of the doorway..)

By the time you see an enemy, or move the mage into range to throw a Fireball , everyone else will be mixing it up with the enemy already.. Unless you're very quick with your micromanagement :(

That was a pain towards the end sequence, set up Blizzards / Tempests to take out

the big groups of hurlocks/genlocks/ogres, stand back with the group... while any of your army troops rush in regardless.. I liked the idea of summoning groups from the army you'd built up, but god were they dumb..

Am eagerly awaiting 'level one NPC' mod a la BG2, when you meet the NPC they are level 1 and you level them up. For Morrigan, that extra point would have got me a bit nearer fireball or walking nightmare.

apparently this mod already exists, just google "dragon age respec mod", i found one right away but i havent tried it yet.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Hmm why is it that almost everywhere i look someone when tactics are mentioned always complains how he doesn't get to see all the damage formulas,... and because of that tactics = guessing and then loading when it's not right.

It's like if you don't have superior knowledge of everything and/or always succeed in making the most damage / going exactly as planned the combat is broken and tactics are just guessing. It's like mistakes and adaptability in combat must not even exist.

1.13 killed off Ja2.