Dragon Age Discussion

CoM_Solaufein

Has anyone figured out how to make the face in the Sacred Ashes trailer? The one for the Grey Warden?

It cannot be done. The faces were created by Blur based on R/L models and didn't use the game character creator at all. Honestly though, I found the GW bland looking compared to Leliana, Morrigan, and Sten were very interesting.

It can be approximated, though, yes? I suck at creating characters, as all my characters have Leno-chins. I've played with chin height and had no luck. Alistair's model is good, but I can't figure out how they did that. If I found out how to do that face, I can tweak it until I get something that approximates the GW.

I haven't unlocked any other Mage specializations yet (altough I suspect I could get Shapeshifter off Morry and the Healing specialty off Wynne if I tried), but I'm in no particular hurry to make a decision there.

You can't get Spirit Healer from Wynne. If you get to know her, and take her with you on occation, you'll figure out why it's not something she could teach.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Yeah, I unlocked Arcane Warrior, and I have looted the spot with the Juggernaut Armor. That's when I left off last night. I haven't looked at the other lootable spots in that room yet. (The big one in the center was obviously the most important, so I went there first.)

I don't think I'm going to use AW-- the word seems to be that it's overpowered, and I'm OK with keeping my wizards in the back row. I haven't unlocked any other Mage specializations yet (altough I suspect I could get Shapeshifter off Morry and the Healing specialty off Wynne if I tried), but I'm in no particular hurry to make a decision there.

level 4 for spirit healer is actual pretty good for a couple reasons. the waves o' healing is nice, kinda like getting multiple group heals, but most useful attribute is the heal injury aspect. Gromnir has party members die during fights... often. am very frugal 'bout potions and am playing on hard, so tough battles typical result in 1-2 Gromnir party corpses. spirit healer's aura heals not only health, but injuries.

our typical party includes both jnpc mages. am actual glad 1 of 'em is a spirit healer. wynne's starting spell selection were hardly optimal, but am not bothered by the healer specialty.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Has anyone actually sat down and evaluated what each warrior specialization is good for? Champion seems good overall, and Reaper sounds like it's made for a tank (frightening presence, the ability to do more damage when close to death, the ability to gain health from corpses), and Berserker probably works best for a damage-dealing warrior. However, I could be wrong here, and wanted to hear what others thought.

I haven't unlocked any other Mage specializations yet (altough I suspect I could get Shapeshifter off Morry and the Healing specialty off Wynne if I tried), but I'm in no particular hurry to make a decision there.

You can't get Spirit Healer from Wynne. If you get to know her, and take her with you on occation, you'll figure out why it's not something she could teach.

I haven't done a whole lot of chatting with the NPCs yet (I was guessing based on Morry & Al's ability to teach their specializations), but she's definitely one of the more likeable ones. And the nightmare that the Sloth demon trapped her in was interesting (and creepy) enough for me to want to learn more-- apparently, grieving someone's death and contemplating suicide are her greatest temptations. I spoke to Wynne a few times-- gaining positive rep each time for picking the only response that wasn't a crack about her age-- but I moved on to other things before digging further.

I am considering swapping Leliana out of the party, though, with Wynne as a leading candidate. The locked stuff I've found has been inconsequential, and she's not very useful in combat at all. The XP benefit is actually more useful-- that room full of fire traps in the elven ruins probably netted me 500+ XP from disarming.

Edited by Enoch

Leliana can teach you how to be a bard, Enoch, if you ask her.

Wynne is great, but I put her on default healer tactic and she blows all her mana in the first couple minutes of a long fight. I need to do some tweaking there, I think.

Leliana can be very useful if you get the right archery feats. Depending on how you do her companion quest, she can get a very nice bow. I use her primarily to kill mages.

Wynne is great, but I put her on default healer tactic and she blows all her mana in the first couple minutes of a long fight. I need to do some tweaking there, I think.

Leliana can be very useful if you get the right archery feats. Depending on how you do her companion quest, she can get a very nice bow. I use her primarily to kill mages.

Yeah, the first thing I did when Wynne joined the group for the Tower plotline was to look at her Tactics and turn all the injury thresholds for her auto-healing down. (I think they were set at 50% or so by default.)

The problem that rogues in general, and Leliana in particular, seem to suffer (besides the documented Dexterity bug) is that they need too many stat points. She needs Dex (and sometimes Str) to use the best equipment. But she also needs Cunning to be any good at her thiefy skills, and Willpower so that she can use some of her combat abilities while also running a bardsong in the background. She always seems to need a few more levels to be effective, relative to other characters.

Any votes on what I should go do once I've finished with the Elfies? (The Mage tower and Honnleath are the only other areas I've visited so far.)

"Anything even remotely benevolent gets her approval down."

That's not true. I've helped quite a few people without her losing approval. One example is SPOILER in dwarf slums. That said, there are situations where she'll get on your case for charity. In the end, that shouldn't matter, since there is plenty of oppurtunities to get approval from her even outside of gifts, and with gifts it should be no problem to keep her approval up if that's what you want.

Head to the castle to deal with the sick noble.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I think Sten has a thing for girl/girl action. I got an approval of +2 from him when I kissed Leliana.

Leliana is easy to get approvals from, provided you do good deeds.

Sten is an odd one to figure out.

At least Dog will always like you.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

^ Morrigan is a fickle, shallow, high maintenance floozy. I've been a fairly straight down the line good (ish) guy in this game and have kept her approval sky-high with jewellery and other baubles.

She's also the only viable combat mage in the game unless your playing one, another deus ex machina piece of NPC crafting by Bioware (remember Yoshimo, anyone?).

sonsofgygax.JPG

Poor people can't role-play. If you don't like her, don't have her in your party. Seems to me you are the shallow one. And, no, Morrigan may like pretty things, but she is not shallow.

One of the best npcs ever.

Any votes on what I should go do once I've finished with the Elfies? (The Mage tower and Honnleath are the only other areas I've visited so far.)

Do part 1 of Redcliffe. You can't leave once you start though.

Did you get all the elven armor?

Lockpicking isn't nessary, though there are a few sidequest items and gifts in chests. There are several portions of the game where I played an area without Leliana then came back afterward with her just to get all the stuff. Traps seem to be where rogues really help.

The scene with Leliana after the Dalish section is one of my favorites.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Costumes are quite expensive, after all.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

i actually like all the characters except zevran. it's the opposite of mass effect where i disliked all the characters but one

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

"I love Morrigan, but she is most assuredly shallow. That's a big part of her persona. "

You wouldn't think that if you knew SPOILER, SPOILER, and SPOILER.

As for her liking gifts, big deal, most of the companions are pretty shallow when it comes to gifts. Though, it should be pointed out that her two favorites gifts aren't even jewelry. Some like pretty rocks, some like pretty beer, etc. The only one who doesn't really come off as shallow as far as gifts go is the one who likes pretty books but that's pretty one dimensional itself...

Edited by Volourn