Dragon Age Discussion

CoM_Solaufein

SPOILER....

I wasted Wynne after I decided to slay all the mages, just to be on the safe side. That meant Morrigan for that entire quest, and having played it with both NPC mages it's easier with M rather than W.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

So, has anyone used Shale extensively? If so, does he comment on various things like the normal NPCs do? I like Shale, and find him to be an incredibly useful party member (in that he can easily switch roles in combat), but I love the banter in the game, and would hate to give it up.

Purkake:

She survived her parents', boss' and comrades' death. She has learned to suppress those bitter, self-destructive emotions. Focusing on rebuilding the Grey Wardens, she will patiently wait. Then one day, Zevran will send a letter. She'll go to the appointed place at midnight, knock on the door then kick it in, swords in hand. The rapidly growing fear in Marjosomething as she realizes her sweet dream had just turned into a nightmare will make my char grin with all the hatred, anger and insanity she has been nurturing all those years. Then she slowly advances...

A few days later she exchanges farewells with friends and goes to the Deep Roads, slaying hundred Darkspawn before being reunited with her lover.

Maybe you should look into writing more fanfic? :lol:

Really? BG2? What was 'surprising' in BG2? The fact Imoen was your half sister?

Let me guess, you were one of the ones who knew KOTOR's 'twist' the moment you read the manual, right?

Sorry, BIO has gotten BETTER with the foreshadowing.

"Still curious what it is about the Dwarves that are specifically similar to Klingon lore. What is it that is unique about the Klingon lore in particular? "

There isn't anything. Anything the DA dwarves have in common with klingons are shared by other fantasy/sci-fi/human races anyways.

personally, da dwarves don't remind us much o' klingons. sure, the dour militirism is similar. am not sure if klingons is having a rigid caste system... that could enhance similarities for those trekies in-the-know. even so, Gromnir did have a couple of klingon=dwarf moments. dwarves in da occasional mention Honor as some sorta cultural gestalt. also, the way the folks in the dwarf kingdom drops the occasional dwarf phrase into normal speech is soooooo star trek klingon. whatever money that the biowarians/ea used on their linguist were wasted resources.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Still curious what it is about the Dwarves that are specifically similar to Klingon lore. What is it that is unique about the Klingon lore in particular?

caste system - check

use political intregues and back stabbing to gain higher levels of status - check

murder/assassination a common way to go up the ranks - check

honor (or at least the perception of such) a huge thing in the society - check

time honored tradtions of combat and arena fighting to prove ones worth - check

the more skilled warrior you are the more you are praised, and get women - check

You have a 'number one' or whatever that guys title is (idential equivlant to klingons from noble houses forget their title however) - check

Oh thats right noble houses who all come together to form the policital body with a king (or klingon high chalancier) - check

While their empire is in decline they are spending all their resources with infighting and backstabbing - check

The better question is, what DON'T the DA dwarves have in common with the klingons?

My dwarf is still waiting for his battle cruiser... just saying.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

caste system - check

use political intregues and back stabbing to gain higher levels of status - check

murder/assassination a common way to go up the ranks - check

honor (or at least the perception of such) a huge thing in the society - check

time honored tradtions of combat and arena fighting to prove ones worth - check

the more skilled warrior you are the more you are praised, and get women - check

You have a 'number one' or whatever that guys title is (idential equivlant to klingons from noble houses forget their title however) - check

Oh thats right noble houses who all come together to form the policital body with a king (or klingon high chalancier) - check

While their empire is in decline they are spending all their resources with infighting and backstabbing - check

you work in middle management, dont you? :brows:

sonsofgygax.JPG

The Dwarven shtick reminded me more of the political bruhaha in Frank Herbert's Dune series. Particularly House Harkonnen.

Also, the finale of the Human Noble Origin reminded me of how House Atreides got wiped out.

But that's just me.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

You mean with her former guild leader. We confronted her. I decided to let her go. I am thinking I prob should have killed her...?

You let someone, who is most likely going to come back and try to kill you again, GO? Have you learned nothing from games? NOTHING?

While I am not RPing a pally I am RPing someone with decent morals. So I felt my char whould give her the benefit of the doubt. If I decided to metagame, sure I would have killed her :brows:

Edited by TheHarlequin

World of Darkness News

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

More like middle trolling, rite?

I don't agree with you and I am a troll now? Gezz get a clue and use proper terminology kid while you are at it. Opinionated, perhaps combative at times? Sure. A troll. Please.

> You think that Jesus virgin birth thing was original? Think again.

That story seemed to orginiate in ancient egypt the story of osiris. Its almost a identical story that predates jesus by many centuries. Jesus was a guy just ahead of his time in his philosphy and the stories of osiris got mixed in with him and then a century or so after he died all of a sudden became some (fictional) being. Great story, little fact once you see the source of it.

Edited by TheHarlequin

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

The Dwarven shtick reminded me more of the political bruhaha in Frank Herbert's Dune series. Particularly House Harkonnen.

Also, the finale of the Human Noble Origin reminded me of how House Atreides got wiped out.

But that's just me.

damn skippy i agree with you too.

dune is the basis for so many good stories in sci-fi

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

My dwarf is still waiting for his battle cruiser... just saying.
You can wait forever, they'll gonna use Birds of Prey.

As my gf would say... 'sadness'... I always liked the k'tinga battle crusiers better then the BoP. :brows:

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

The rite part didn't tip you off to the obvious joke?

:brows:

Not everything is serious business, Harlequin. Chillax.

Emoticons are your friends when trying to express such ;)

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente