Dragon Age Reviews Thread

CoM_Solaufein

if it had been raining and stormy in lothering it would have looked a lot more depressing thats for sure

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

if it had been raining and stormy in lothering it would have looked a lot more depressing thats for sure
You're on to something here.

Maybe in Redcliffe, enemies emerge from a thick rainfall instead of a green fog...mmmmm...

Edited by Oner

Compare Lothering's look with the opening village in The Witcher, or Denerim's look with Vizima's.

'Nuff said.

yeah, for sure, poverty actually looked depressing in the witcher.

that said, i still think DA is better overall than the witcher, but it could have taken some cues in the worldbuilding department as far as aesthetics go.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Nope. TW sucked. There's pretty nothing good about it. Overrated to the extreme.

Having it be raining, and storming would just be a lame cheessy cop out to show 'dark' a game is. Not that DA is above cheesiness 'cause it's not.

That said, the game can be very dark.

Just experience SPOILER, SPOILER, SPOILER, SPOILER, SPOILER, SPOILER, SPOILER. There is nothing darker about TW than there is in DA. Nothing.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

For obvious reasons, you do not make an acronym out of a single word. "The" is a definite article and is only included in acronyms in order to make the acronyms make sense, such as LotR. It is very rarely used at the beginning of an acronym, particularly one with only one actual word. So just call it the Witcher.

I still think adding "Origins" to the name was stupid.

DA is fine, The Witcher can just be The Witcher.

Ah, but isn't it fairly obvious Bioware are wanting to make it a repeat use? Why make Dragon Age 2 , When they can do Dragon Age : The Next Generation, Dragon Age : Now We're Gloomy Like Witcher, Dragon Age : We Want Even More Gold....

:(

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

i agree with purkake. keep it simple.

lets not have Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2

I still think people are referring to Mechwarrior 2 when they say MW2

Ditto! :)

Edited by TheHarlequin

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

I still think people are referring to Mechwarrior 2 when they say MW2

Ditto! :)

Never played #2, but in a couple years when they release Modern Warfare 3 I'll be right there with you! I have trouble with ME for Mirror's Edge and Mass Effect. Half the time I end up thinking of the wrong one even through I know the conversation is about the other one.

It always makes me sad that I can't use the acronym WC in a gaming context anymore without 95% misidentification by other "gamers." Especially when the alternative isn't even a valid acronym. :-

Wing Commander is the first thing that came to mind. It actually took me a couple minutes to figure out what the other meaning you were referring to was supposed to be. :huh:

First thought was Warcraft, which isn't really proper, as I've spent too much time on WoW forums.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra