Dragon Age Reviews Thread

CoM_Solaufein

"Obsidian simply has better writters then Bioware. I do not think thats ever been disputed."

No. No, they don't. The writing of both is the same exact quality. But, call me a BIo fnaboys since that's your only way to make a comeback. But, while you do that just remember that i found KOTOR overrated, and haven't even botrhered to play all of BIo's games but I'v eplayed all of Obsidian's including one of the SOZZIEST games ever.

Also don't forget that that Obsidian had a game whose concept was 'sword up ass'. Not to mention SOZ. SOZ. SOZ. SOZ. SOZ. SOZ. SOZ.

At leats they had MOTB which, overall, had some awesome writing. Then again, BIO has had BG2, JE, ME, HOTU, and DA (though writing wise it's not as strong as ME or JE) which all have awesome writing. BIO wins.

Again. SOZ SOZ SOZ SOZ SOZ

'Nough said.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Was my clever metaphor of Volo actually being Harlequin's alt(and thus being controlled like a puppet) too clever?"

Watch the insults or I'll have to report. You are better off calling me a moron, scumbag or some other cute name. But, calling me Harlequin is rude and akin to calling me the nastiest names ever. Please take it back.

Edited by Volourn

Was my clever metaphor of Volo actually being Harlequin's alt(and thus being controlled like a puppet) too clever?

Maybe I should dumb them down...

Harl is my alt actually. Not like I hide that fact. However I am trying to standardize my forums names so I retired rhomal across the board.

FYI

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

they were pretty close imo.

if hotu was better it was only because it was shorter and thus had less boring spots and was cheaper and less buggy

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people felt HOTU was better than NWN2

Nor would I as HotU was the best of the official NWN I games and NWN 2 OC was the weakest of the NWN 2 games.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

"they were pretty close imo."

No, no theyw eren't.

The NWN series is set up as twins...

1. MOTB + HOTU

2. NWN2 OC + NWN1 OC

3. SOZZY + SOU (though in this case, SOU is at least okay while SOZ is well... SOZZY) I mean it's POR2/EOTB/DF bad.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people felt HOTU was better than NWN2

NWN2 OC was far better then NWN1 OC. Only Vol really disputes that that I have seen. The NWN1 was nothing but 2 giant fex ex qquests duct taped togethr with foreshadowing up the arse. Nothing was surprising and most all NPC characters were forgetable. Even Bioware finally admited a few yrs after release it fell far from their orginial expectations.

MotB vs SoU... (xp1 vs xp1) clear winner again MotB. Obsidian clearly showing, again, why their writters are better as a whole. To Biowares credit however, for a story, design and compleate expansion they wipped up in just a couple of months they deserve kudos.

HotU vs SoZ for raw SP story clearly HotU wins, I think the general concensus is almost every player enjoyed Hordes more then SoZ story wise. However for toolset content I beleive SoZ added a lot more value to module builders.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

"NWN2 OC was far better then NWN1 OC. Only Vol really disputes that that I have seen. The NWN1 was nothing but 2 giant fex ex qquests duct taped togethr with foreshadowing up the arse. Nothing was surprising and most all NPC characters were forgetable. Even Bioware finally admited a few yrs after release it fell far from their orginial expectations."

You really should pay attention to more than Obsidianites. Heck, even more than a few Codexers preferred NWN1 OC over NWN2 OC. So, nice try. And, consideirng how many 'NWN2 SUCKS I WISH IT WAS MORE LIKE NWN1' posts were on the NWN2 forums when it was released, you are obviously on crack to claim that only I dispute it.

The two OCs are absolutely equal. They each do things better and worse than each other. But, hey if 'sword up your butt' is cool to you so be it.

"Even Bioware finally admited a few yrs after release it fell far from their orginial expectations."

Big deal. Obsidian has done the same with their bgames as have other companies. This is completely irrelevantly. It's what happens when you put huge expectations on yourself as eveyrone tends to do.

"MotB vs SoU... (xp1 vs xp1) clear winner again MotB. Obsidian clearly showing, again, why their writters are better as a whole. To Biowares credit however, for a story, design and compleate expansion they wipped up in just a couple of months they deserve kudos."

Yup, MOTB wins this easily. Actually, MOTb doesn't prove that Obsidian has better writers. It proves its the exception to the rule. And, like you mnetion, SOU was just a clustermuck because of BIo basiclaly canning the developer that was supposed to do it. Yet, amazingly enough, SOU was still vastly superior to SOZZY.

"HotU vs SoZ for raw SP story clearly HotU wins, I think the general concensus is almost every player enjoyed Hordes more then SoZ story wise. However for toolset content I beleive SoZ added a lot more value to module builders."

Nope. Soz doesn't come close to offering what HOTU. SOZ offers what? A map? HOTU added epic levels which basically doubled the fun. And, campaign wise no contest. SOOZ is one of the worst games EVER created. It ruins all that was good about 'old skool' games.

Edited by Volourn

shudder.

i just remembered that nwn oc was not a party based game... thinking about that as a follow up to bg2 makes me throw up in my mouth

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.