Remains Of Alien Ship Found?

Phosphor

The Tunguska event has always been a mystery; a massive explosion almost a century ago in an isolated part of Russia.

Could it have been the destruction of an atomic-powered alien ship?

Russian Researchers Say Debris of Alien Spaceship found in Siberia

Members of a special expedition researching the site of the famous Tunguska meteorite fall have claimed they had discovered parts of an extraterrestrial device.

The expedition, organized by the Siberian Public State Foundation

newlogo.gif

The conclusion should be obvious: the meteor was an attempt by the Borg to destroy the Federation by going back in time to eliminate our homeworld. The Enterprise traveled back in time just in time to stop this evil plan by the borg by blasting their sphere to bits over the upper ionosphere.

Thank you Enterprise!

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

This is an obvious hoax by X-Files addicted geeks working for the Siberian Tourist Board.

They want to lure hordes of gullible American tourists to the region. Upon arrival they will be sold genuine pieces of Alien Explosion Device for a thousand bucks a pop.

In fact, as we speak, Russkis are spray-painting the old breech block mechanisms from T-55 tank turrets bright silver and burying them in the woods. Seriously.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

lol

Hey, I don't know who's fooling whom in Russia, but if there's a new spaceship, I hope I get to ride.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Probably someone tried to put turbo engine to lada and that defied all laws of physics and time making it go back in time and that 15 megaton blast.

*strokes chin thoughfully*

Yes... yes, that could very well be. No doubt trying to supercharge a Lada defies all laws of space-time physics.

newlogo.gif

Why did the asteroid break apart in the air?

"Possibly because the object was like asteroid Mathilde, which was photographed by the passing Near-Shoemaker space probe in 1997," researcher Luigi Foschini told the BBC. "Mathilde is a rubble pile with a density very close to that of water. This would mean it could explode and fragment in the atmosphere with only the shock wave reaching the ground."

quote from http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/plan...ery_011031.html

"You have offended my family, and you have offended the Shaolin temple." Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

Yep. Saw that earlier today, completely forgot to post it. Like the article says, anyone pre-disposed to making an extravagent claim warrants serious doubt.

Still. aliens or no, I would be curious to see if more light can be shed on the indicent. As a natural phenomenon (eg exploding asteroid), it's very interesting, and certainly deserves investigation.

newlogo.gif