wardens keep worth the money?

entrerix

was it worth it? (ONLY RESPOND IF YOU PAID FOR IT AND PLAYED IT)  

14 members have voted

1. 1. was it worth the money?

• yes
    • no
    • barely
    • almost
    • other (please explain)

I'vr played through it and it is an interesting little quest... However it is a stretch to say that it's worth $7. If it had been in the $2.00-$4.00 range it would be worth it - but currently the price is a bit high for what you're getting. :(

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Wait the game is $7 and your asking if it's worth the money? unless it is god awful i'd say buy it, it's seven dollars man.

To put things into perspective, this is someone who's spent 10 bucks on numerous occasions to rename his Xbox Live gamertag.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

The fact that you cant ever re-enter it after completion is really odd to me. So you pay for a short questline and a storage box just outside your tower? What was the point of locking players out?

O_o

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The fact that you cant ever re-enter it after completion is really odd to me. So you pay for a short questline and a storage box just outside your tower? What was the point of locking players out?

O_o

What?

No, no, I'll take your word for it. I'm just boggling at the concept of taking over a fort and then getting a storage box outside it as a reward. Sure, BG2 showed that having that keep wasn't exactly Tons of Fun, but that's just... disappointing.

(Still waiting for the euro PS3 release of DAO. Which is why I'm off the loop)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

If you look at my record, I'm not exactly a Bioware apologist. Quite the opposite. But the rabid reaction to some people about this issue (not on this forum, most people have have been very measured about it) is a bit... silly. It has full V.O. It has development time. OK, if in six months people are knocking out stuff like this using the toolset, for free, of comparable quality then serve me a big slice of crow pie.

I've tried to get upset about it... I just can't. It's the price of a stupid Xmas coffee in Starbucks. Am I missing something?

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

Yes, we got it Monte, if its cheaper than Starbucks its all good.

Im more interested in the motivation behind it. The keeps interior is done, you quest in it after all, why arbitrarily lock it after that? Why not just leave the door open so peole can wander arond and feel like they now "own" it?

Is there any reason to re-enter it? If not then I would assume they just figured nobody would want to.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Yeah, but why would they care if someone did? I mean, if Gfted wants to wander around his old digs, why shouldn't he be able to? Hell, let him decorate the damned place. I'm joking, but some folks would probably pay for a decoration pack as DLC for crying out loud. It doesn't matter. What was the reasoning behind locking folks out of their own keep. ...And, to be clear, I would also want to have access to my fortress. It's not a big deal for me, but that works both ways. Any little thing to encourage me to buy the DLC is good for business, so why not let me buy it? As it stands, I haven't purchased anything extra for the game, although I might at some point. Not worth hitting the mattresses, but certainly weird.

Is there any reason to re-enter it?

Why not just leave the door open so peole can wander arond and feel like they now "own" it?

If not then I would assume they just figured nobody would want to.

So they purposely made extra work for themselves because the felt nobody would ever want to reenter the Keep they just bought and quested through? C'mon.

Why not just leave the door open so peole can wander arond and feel like they now "own" it?

So they purposely made extra work for themselves because the felt nobody would ever want to reenter the Keep they just bought and quested through? C'mon.

*shrugs*

They probably just didn't think about it, Or maybe they meant to and forgot. Maybe it's a bug.

Mybe they are planning a second dlc that actually makes it re-enterable or something.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

*shrugs*

They probably just didn't think about it, Or maybe they meant to and forgot. Maybe it's a bug.

Mybe they are planning a second dlc that actually makes it re-enterable or something.

That's my guess.

If you save Avernus, you can give him the option to continue his research. I haven't heard back from him, but if I haven't by the end of the game, then I'll assume that there'll be a sequel DLC to it.

*shrugs*

I dont think its a bug or oversight, they even went so far as to park your chest and a merchant right outside the door. Most likely a second DLC, which is fine, but I cant imagine what plot device would require the PC to be locked out right now. Is there any in-game explanation at all?