EA cutting 1500 jobs

Niten_Ryu

I bet someone is not happy at EA. They wanted Bioware but had to buy Pandemic too :brows:

Yeah, that John Riccitiello chap (EA) must be really peeved at that John Riccitiello chap (Elevation Partners) for bundling the two studies together...

Yes, they are the same person.

Edited by Zoraptor

So far, BIO seems to be untouched. It's like superglue. even when BIo and Interplay's relation exploded, BIO remained untouched. R00fles!

BIO should have never teamed up with Pandemic in the first place.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

BIO should have never teamed up with Pandemic in the first place.

I still wonder why they did.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Pandemic offically axed. Say hello to Origin, Bullfrog, Westwood and others in the void o:)

I bet someone is not happy at EA. They wanted Bioware but had to buy Pandemic too :lol:

According to a thread from Kotaku, one of the managers at Pandemic used to be an ambulance driver and others didn't really do well as managers, too.

There's nothing wrong with ambulance drivers, but maybe it it not the best preparation to manage and lead a company. Contrast this to the mangers and bosses of Bioware; both have had training as medical doctors and have learned how to plan ahead when they went to university to take their MD degrees.

Bioware is a well managed company. As I understand it, neither Origin or other studios that EA closed over the years did manage their companys (very) well.

As for someone at EA not being happy, I don't think this is true. EA is perfectly happy with buying Pandemic and Bioware. There's still talent at Pandemic studios; these persons will probably be offered jobs at EA LA (and other EA offices).

On a more general note, I do think that EA need to strengthen their finances in this global downsizing economy; closing studios seem the way to go - unfortunately.

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/