Neverwinter Nights Premium Modules Pulled Down

ramza

"No, It is just your opinnion... "

It's just your opinion that it's just my opinion.

"Talk about someone with their foot in their mouth..."

Agreed. He's obviously making things up. He's the first guy EVER *anywhere* to claim that NWN2 outsold NWN1. Not even YOU have tried to claim that.

Who says I was reffering to him? You called me a liar anyways so clearly nothing I have has any merit to you. Of course you flip flop when you think my comments can be used in your defense. Humorous.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Sound slike I hurt you feelinsg which is funny considering all the insults you've thrown my way. *shrug*

Anyways, I sure you aren't gonna make stuff up and try to claim he's telling the truth. That be more embarassing than your claims that i believe BIO is 'perfect'; because by yourd efintion 75% = perfect.

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

so after few month of the game out, the sales ratio of 1:2 (NWN2 alone versus NWN1 + all expansions) was not to bad...

~two months to 1 million+, ie 1 million sales for 2006 only, return for 2006-7 well above expectations (around 65% above; and if my German ain't letting me down, Google and YahooT seem to agree though).

And yeah, Volo, I can link it though it's in German since it's in a report by BVT, the people who funded the game, who are German.

I'm a lot less confident about the 3.25 million figure being accurate as it was based on inference, but I implied as much both by me being surprised and using apparently.

Now Volo, perhaps some evidence from you that NWN1>2? Have no fear, gentle readers, I will not be holding my breath.

Now Volo, perhaps some evidence from you that NWN1>2? Have no fear, gentle readers, I will not be holding my breath.

Vol does not need facts or data.. just hyerbole to 'prove' his stance. :lol:

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Still waiting on actual proof that Atari, NPD, and every other articvle ever written has lied. Nothing in this thread has proven anything. Until then, I'll continue to be amused.

Still waiting on actual proof that Atari, NPD, and every other articvle ever written has lied. Nothing in this thread has proven anything. Until then, I'll continue to be amused.

What that does have to do with NWN2 sales numbers? Neither Atari nor NPD did said anything about its sales numbers...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I don't have links to back this up because the site I read it on is not around anymore, but as of early this year (shortly after the SoZ release) NWN had outsold NWN2 (including sales of Gold, Platinum, Diamond,and expansion packs alone) by less than 10K units, and remember it had been on the market for six years longer I believe. That indicates NWN2 had pretty robust sales. For all of it flaws, NWN2 was a great game and what you got out of the box (as far as the quality of the game, story, tools, etc) it was superior to NWN1 by any measure. NWN has had a much more active modding community and I think that is mainly because when NWN1 came out everyone who wanted to mod "got it out of their system" with that game. Even now the community made tools for NWN1 make it much easier to do modding then NWN2 and some of the mods submitted to the vault of late have been very high quality.

I have noticed, unscientificly, that the rate that NWN2 mods are added to the vault have really fallen off of late. That is to be expected. The rate NWN1 mods are added has been steady for years now asnd I imagine it will be for years to come because there is a small group of dedicated gamers who keep playing and refreshing it. I don't know if NWN2 will have the same thing two or three years from now. I sort of doubt it but I hope it does. If the interest stays up maybe we'll get another one somewhere in the future.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I was a bit dismayed that the mod community never got as large for NWN2 as it was for NWN1. But that Planescape mod looks ultra impressive, so if you get a couple more projects like that, I'd be happy to hear it.

From what I heard people complain about the toolset for NWN2 as being hard to use and not user friendly. That would be a factor in not many mods.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

The world needs a new tile-based fantasy RPG with toolset.

The newset NWN1 stuff is looking great. Most of the new tilesets are 100x better than the ones that shipped with the game.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

From what I heard people complain about the toolset for NWN2 as being hard to use and not user friendly. That would be a factor in not many mods.

This. Which means, DA isn't going to have a big community either, for it's harder to use then NWN2 toolset.

DA's is worse than NWN2's from what I've seen. I tinkered around with my saved game and that toolset is archaic as you can get. They need to look at something like Oblivion and Fallout 3 toolset which is far better and user friendly.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I'm not too worried about user content for DA, the game itself is superb. For NWN, the toolset was what redeemed it.

That is true. However having an easy to use toolset with it would of made it better. I'm talking about custom item, etc, which I have yet to see appear.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

That probably has more to do with there being a bug in the toolset.

Apparently some of the core includes have different IDs for some key variables in the toolset compared to the shipped resources. How this happened I'm not sure and a patch is on its way, but it has been responsible for a lot of the "strange things" (like plot flags not being triggered) happening in people's games.

Ugh, so that was what was wrong. Sounds like a mess to clear up, however it happened.

I never got farther than dabbling in these toolsets, but NWN1 did seem to have a damn well made toolset going.

I was a bit dismayed that the mod community never got as large for NWN2 as it was for NWN1. But that Planescape mod looks ultra impressive, so if you get a couple more projects like that, I'd be happy to hear it.

And why the same issue is going to happen with DA as that toolset is even more complex. Like I said with NWN2 however that will be a good thing. More quality then quantity will be produced. But that does mean a much smaller mod community then nwn1 and thus less overall.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

- Doreen Valiente

Ugh, so that was what was wrong. Sounds like a mess to clear up, however it happened.

I never got farther than dabbling in these toolsets, but NWN1 did seem to have a damn well made toolset going.

Yeah there seems to be two big issues. One with the toolset, and one with DLC. Still sorting out the details, and there is definitely works in progress for both of these. Unfortunate :ermm:

" Like I said with NWN2 however that will be a good thing. More quality then quantity will be produced. But that does mean a much smaller mod community then nwn1 and thus less overall. "

Yet, the NWN2 modules were, as a whole, worse than NWN1 modules. Sometimes low quantity doesn't lead to good quality because all the good module developers aren't gonna waste their time with it.

" Like I said with NWN2 however that will be a good thing. More quality then quantity will be produced. But that does mean a much smaller mod community then nwn1 and thus less overall. "

Yet, the NWN2 modules were, as a whole, worse than NWN1 modules. Sometimes low quantity doesn't lead to good quality because all the good module developers aren't gonna waste their time with it.

i think that we have a case of a personal oppinion in here... i you hates NWN2, you are hating its modules by default aswell :ermm:

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours