Are there zombies in this game?

Although zombies were originally a symbol of rampant consumerism and modern capitalism, used to criticize these ideas (in Night of the Living Dead, they are a sort of "natural disaster" and the survivors fixate on a mall), they have become quite different. While some people prefer to use them as symbols of their bourgeois natures, they were originally meant as a criticism of this.

A zombie is a unique look at man: what separates zombies from men? Well, zombies are "dumb." But how so? Zombies must be intelligent, in order to successful; they defeat the combined forces of mankind. They don't even use tools to do it! They must be masters of strategy and military tactics! They are also the idealized soviet man: preoccupied not with his own selfish desires, but with the needs of the community. A zombie will gladly sacrifice its life for its brethren, and zombies in general are more than willing to do so.

Zombies serve an excellent thematic role and can be used to reinforce ideas on the nature of man. I definitely think Obsidian should consider adding them, if they haven't already.

Edited by Fionavar

There will be no zombies.

But it's been confirmed that there will be apes, kittens and crates, including all possible combinations of these three.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

although how zombiefied players will be after sitting for x hours straight playing the game... that could be another matter.. ;)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

This is of course the reason for the delay, there weren't enough zombies. After a lot of though the developers decided to replace all the capitalist factions with zombies, to make a statement on the consumerism that plagues America and how brainless it's population is. Of course all of the zombies will be fat. ;)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

[in a self-righteous voice] : No zombies! I demand my money back ! How dare there not be zombies! I'm never buying any Obsidian products and I'll forbid any of my ancestors of doing the same ! Every game has zombies ! How can there not be any zombies. This is an outrage ! An outrageous , outrageous outrage! ARghhh!

Seriously though. This game was all sweet-sweet-awesome-nice-great-sweet-sweet with all the new features, then I heard that somehow, those complete idiots didn't put zombies in the game! I'm starting a boycott! How can there not be zombies ! It is an outrage ! I'm never buying any Sega products until 2020! They mean nothing to me now! Nothing!!!! There are no zombies arghghgh !

• 3 weeks later...