Soooo, people are silly

alanschu

Particularly in how selfish they can be haha.

A really good friend of mine just got a great business opportunity in London. This is, naturally going to put me out of contact with him. Possibly forever. So while 90% of me is happy, there's that 10% sad of realizing I'll miss my friend!

:)

Edited by alanschu

Naw, you're not selfish. You're glad for your friend but bummed for yourself. That's good. Bad would be if you were bummed because his wife was really good in the sack and you were going to miss her.

Being blue because you've made a friend good enough to miss says something good about you, bro. It means that you're capable of connecting with other people and making lasting relationships.

I'll be back later with more of my new age commentary. :)

I don't see what's wrong about a good friend leaving and you getting upset.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I know it's the interwebs. He and I were never really the talk online types though. As awesome as it is to just chat with him, I enjoyed going out and playing sports with him more.

I'm sure we'll both have our times we ask how the other is doing, but he's going to London to go through the certification and training to be on a cruise line. It'll be hard to keep track of him when he's in the middle of the ocean :sorcerer:

Even if that wasn't the case, the distance makes it difficult to keep in contact. Out of sight, out of mind.

Dude, you're going to have a friend working in the cruiseline industry? Stop complaining and keep in good contact with him and have that friendship start working for you! The LURVE boat! Damn, now that tune will be in my head the rest of the day. Arrrghghhhh

And it gives you an excuse to visit London! (And a place to crash when you do so.)

What's wrong with the Thames?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Let's hope he's pimping.

-Elwood Blues